Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #1681
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

@Teresh - I agree with Silent, Tayyy, and Harmony. Go for it! It will look beautiful and the realism will add a special touch. I can't wait to see it!
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #1682
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I reckon as long as the colour scheme is the same as zuko's you will be recognisable. My plan for my own Zuko include just doing the whole armour out of craft foam and sticking fake leather over it. Unfortunately i think i just convinced my sister to do Azula so i think that means i get to make it twice :O
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #1683
tereshkova2001

Here's my armor so far!

IMG_5808 by tereshkova2001, on Flickr

The brown surcoat is made of the final fabric, although it will be stiffer and have decorative brass rivets all over. Everything else is a placeholder. The gorget will be shaped like the left half of this pattern piece. The on-the-fly adjustments didn't get made to both sides.
My plan is to use dark leather for the armor, and line and trim it with silk twill.

I'm 95% done with his post-defection clothing, but I didn't get any good photos of the full ensemble with the scar. I will take some before too long.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #1684
Kyler2802
The Modern Day Link

I'd love to do Wolf Warrior Sokka myself, I've already made the sword, started the helmet, and made the boots. Having a bit of a problem with finding a pattern for the tunic itself, though. Would anybody have something that would work offhand?
Kyler2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #1685
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I am planning to make a Katara cosplay next year maybe and some friends wants to have a whole group! I cant wait!

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 10 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #1686
Spaztastic

It's looking like my roommate and I are gonna be putting together an Avatar group for Mechacon. So far it's only me and her doing Mai and Ty Lee, respectively. We have two friends that would probably like joining us, plus my roommate's boyfriend. We just have to ask them now, lol. But for sure we're doing it. This is exciting! If my hair keeps growing at the rate it is, I won't need a wig for Mai. I'll just need to get my bangs cut. XD

I'll probably start planning in two weeks when I'm home for spring break.
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #1687
Da_Duke2000

I think Avatar costumes will be coming back, given the new Legend of Korra series. I saw an Appa cosplay out there once. It was simply fantastic.
Da_Duke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #1688
snoosue
SnooSue

I'm going as Aang to AnimeBoston in a week. I'm excited! This is my first cosplay I've made from scratch. It's a little rag dollish since I don't really have sewning experience, but I think it came out prety good considering! Still trying to figure out the best way to get an arrow on my baldcap though!
snoosue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #1689
han-pan

Ummm, Tereshkova you look AMAZING. IT IS A DRUG AND I NEED NOAR!!!!! :P seriously, cannot wait to see more of it!!

Snoosue, thats great!! What day will you be Aang?? It looks GREAT so far from your profile picture! I am bringing my Katara costume to AB for a bit on Saturday and for Sunday :3 as for the arrow....my friend did a Red Skull/Black Mask costume that included painting bald caps. I think he used latex, but idk if it was liquid latex. I will ask him :3

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #1690
Tayyy-chan
Team Zuko!

snoosue, your aang looks so adorable, and Tereshkova, you look amazing!

I just finished up my the Promise Toph and wore it to MomoCon two weeks ago. We had a huge group! It was lots of fun.

My next Avatar cosplay will be Bolin for D*Con. I gotta sit down and dye my wig soon, so I can style it and see if it'll work. o3o
Tayyy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #1691
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

I know for sure that I will be cosplaying Bolin or Lin Bei Fong for several cons next year. Might even make Suki's variant outfit from The Serpent's Pass at some point too.
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #1692
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

A group of friends are planning a huge AvatarTLA group for DragonCon; Unfortunately I will not be attending DC, but I hope they'll rewear them for AUSA so I can join them with a new June cosplay. XD

Hah, and on a side note, I am still hoping that I'l find an adorable child Zuko to get some really nice photos with my old Princess Ursa cosplay.

As for the new series, I'm hoping to cosplay someone more my age; maybe I'll do an older Toph or Azula, once they make their flashback appearances. But, that'll probably be sometime next year.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Sold Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)

Recently Finished:
Trainer Kris (Pokemon Crystal)
Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Space Warrior (Space Unicorn)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #1693
MercuryLampe
based minto

I was thinking of being Toph, since she's probably the only person I could pull off with my height, ahaha. I'm still not sure if I should go with her normal clothes or her fire nation disguise, though.

Last edited by MercuryLampe : 04-09-2012 at 07:27 AM.
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #1694
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

I'm going as Korra and My husband is going as Armon to Anime North Convention in May. Just finishing off the last parts to the costumes .
So loving the new Avatar series.
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #1695
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

I'm certainly hoping avatar costumes come back into fashion here in Australia too: I finished my Zuko earlier in the year (and am extremely happy with it - my first costume!), but now I'm making a Toph, Azula, Katara and Aang for my mum, Sister and her two children for a convention in June. Thank goodness there isn't too much detail in these avatar costumes, but the edging will still test my patience! Can't wait to see my 7 year old nephew as Aang: he'll be so cute. And looking forward to seeing some pics of everyone new Korra costumes.
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote