Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethingducky View Post
Try looking into Pilates type exercise, it tends to focus on your "core" muscles and can be very useful in achieving that lean and toned look without doing just crunches and sit ups. I use exercise videos called "Core Fusion" and I know that my local gym offers Pilates classes.
While I might not be the original poster, thank you for sharing that with us. I too am having a small problem losing what gut I have left (most of it was lost when I started at my new job), but just getting that last bit off has been a challenge.
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
GoddessDigi
Mommy of 2

Tummy Help

Any tips or tricks..?

Last edited by GoddessDigi : 02-28-2013 at 06:58 AM.
GoddessDigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #33
protonmitsu

You could do exercises that work your stomach muscles such as sit ups, or if you're like me and hate working out you could find an activity that uses your abs a lot. In my experience yoga, dance, and gymnastics are very good because balancing uses your core muscles.
protonmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #34
Flombone-Emi
Witch of Literature

It could be loose skin from losing the weight fast. The skin will eventually fit itself to you, make sure to stay hydrated and tightening lotions couldn't hurt
Flombone-Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Since there's practically a new "I need help with my tummy/stomach" thread every day, I'm combining them and sticking them to avoid multiple threads. Please keep tummy-related issues here! Thanks!
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
LadyPink~89
Princess Royalty~

try doing the 'chair' pose, basically pretend there is a chair underneath you, and stay in that position for about 10 seconds or so... it works the tummy, back and upper legs, so it is very useful! remember to keep your back straight, so try the pose in front of a mirror. Hope this helps! I've been using it to get in shape for a Jasmine cosplay, cause she's got an outfit that reveals the whole stomach... good luck on your fitness, everyone! ^_^

edit: oh, and it helps a lot if you try to do this whilst on your toes, but it takes a while to handle it, so gradually ease yourself into being able to do it on your toes.

Luna Lovegood (HP) 100%
Princess Jasmine (Disney) 50%
Princess Agitha (LoZ) 0%
Princess Rapunzel (Disney) 0%

Last edited by LadyPink~89 : 02-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.
LadyPink~89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #37
Kawaiichibiz

I have the exact same problem! I mean, I'm literally 5'2", 100lbs, and my tummy has alot of fat and tends to stick out all the time! If I exercise too much I'm afraid I will lose too much weight all around, and end up not even making a dent on my stomach. I know that just strengthing the muscles on my abs will not get the fat away, and probably actually make my tummy appear even larger! If I lose any more weight I'll be underweight, but I still need to lose fat! T_T So, what do you do then?
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Feferi (Homestuck)
Kagura (Gintama)
Finn (Adventure Time)
Tumblr
Deviantart
Kawaiichibiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
Spaztastic

I know there are people like me that absolutely hate sit ups. They just suck. In general the average ab work out sucks! So has anyone tried belly dancing? I'm currently working on a cosplay where the character is Romani, and belly dancing fits into that culture so I thought it would be cool if I knew how to do it.

Honestly, I've done it maybe a total of 4 hours and I swear my abs have started to get toned. It may also be a combination of the elliptical for an hour a week. BUT STILL! I did about 30 minutes yesterday and I feel all those muscles.

You really don't need to know what you're doing. The last dance class I took was nearly 14 years ago and that was tap. Just go on youtube. If you want somewhat of a modern twist, look up Tribal Fusion.

Here are some videos I've been using:
One
This entire channel
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #39
bcmilk

Try lying on your back with your head up (not touching the floor) and moving your legs up and down towards and away from your chest. It works a bit with your lower abdominal muscles... I'm still trying to get my lower abs to become less bloated and more firm. Doing sit ups every day does work, even doing it just 3 times a week will show if you do about 100 for that day. I do about 100 sit ups and 60 push ups twice a week and my upper abs are looking and feeling great. On the other hand my lower abs still have bit of fat on them.
bcmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #40
Troncat

i found this pretty hepful lol yesterday i just started workin on my abs for a future cosplay xp good luck to everyone and their results :3
Troncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #41
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

I've been doing crunches and leg lifts for my ab workout. I wanted try find a different ab exercise and started doing the Plank exercises. They look easy, but they really work all your ab muscles. The side Plank exercise kills me. You can see how to do them here. http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/plank-exercise.html
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #42
ComicFan22
Tiny King

Hmm... so my wife and I are trying to get fit for some cosplay ideas as well. I've seen a lot of different advice here: some people say sit-ups, some say it's a terrible idea. While we both just need to lose some weight, we don't have a gym membership and our house is super small. Do sit ups help at all? Or should we try something else? We started doing the 200 sit ups challenge, hoping to at least be more active to try to lose weight and be more healthy, as well as tone up the tummy.

She wants to do a Power Girl cosplay and I'm interested in Robin (Young Justice style).
ComicFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #43
chickenspice

How do crunches compare to full sit ups, aren't sit ups bad for the back? Which would be most effective. Also I heard the amount of crunches aren't important so much as they are done properly.
chickenspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #44
Leite_Destiny

I'm kind of surprised to hear/read that people don't like sit ups. Then again, I am comparing them to push ups which do work a different muscle area, I think? Just found out that I've been doing push ups wrong since forever and that's why there's not much change...OTL

I don't really think sit ups can be that bad for the back, but it would probably be nice to do them on something like a yoga mat for more comfort.

If you're able to use your legs(I believe the starter of this thread can't) then go for some walking/jogging? I've read that it's pretty useful, so I'm hoping that I can try to lose more of my stomach fat by going for more jogs (20-40 minutes?) and doing sets of situps. Although I'm reading this thread and it seems that sit ups are based on the area above your tummy(which I need to lean down more) so if you're aiming for a flatter tummy, then try core exercises. ^^

Although maybe you should look it up more and listen to people who've done more work; I'm just starting and basically reciting things others have said. Good luck! ^^
Leite_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #45
Stardeath

Look, we all hate crunches, but if you just buckle down and get them out of the way, they really do work wonders. My routine:

1. Regular crunches (set of 8 slow, set of 16 fast)
2. Touch your opposite knee with your elbow (set of 8 slow, set of 16 fast, alternating sides)
3. Side crunches -- lift your shoulders off the ground and then touch your hand to your ankle on the same side (set of 8, switch sides, then repeat for a total of 16 on both sides)
4. Leg lifts -- one foot flat on the floor, other leg extended, crunch while lifting extended leg from the floor, keeping it straight, and lower (set of 4 slow, switch sides, set of 8 fast, switch sides, repeat)
5. Peddling -- shoulders off the ground, knees tucked up, extend one leg up and straight out with foot flexed, bring it in and exchange with other leg in a "peddling" motion (set of 16)
6. Peddling Backwards -- same thing, reverse directions (set of 16)
7. Scissors -- in a crunch, legs extended and lifted slightly off the ground, lift one leg at a time, keeping straight, then switch in a "scissor" motion (set of 4 slow, set of 16 fast)
9. Double leg lifts -- like scissors, but with both legs (set of 8)

During the routne, keep your back flat to the floor at all times. Do not arch off the floor. At the end of the routine, turn onto your stomach and push up onto your hands to arch your back and stretch your abs so they don't get to sore. Gently and slowly rock and twist side to side to get your sides.

This should take about ten minutes every day (or every other at first if your muscles get sore and need a break). I also like this video, though I tend to do more reps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqetvphLEU
Stardeath is offline   Reply With Quote