Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 269 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #48946
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

I'm watching Ponyo again...I kinda want to cosplay Ponyo's father now. I do already have an orange wig and blue eyeshadow...

Edit...After thinking about it for a little bit, tomorrow is mismatched day for spirit week at my school, and he wears a blue and white shirt, a red scarf and has long orange hair. This is going to happen.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #48947
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Won a bid for a really cheap blazer on ebay that I hope to use for an Ouran cosplay. I had a hell of a time finding something that was a decent color and didn't cost a hundred bucks. It's annoying how the blazer color differs so much in source pictures.
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #48948
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

So...now that have all these characters...who should I cosplay?? Oh God it's a never ending cycle! Dx
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #48949
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
So...now that have all these characters...who should I cosplay?? Oh God it's a never ending cycle! Dx
I feel you all to well, i shifted my list about 3 times this week and i am in the middle of doing it again(;w; ) I need to seriously make my mind upXD

~Working On~
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Clawdeen Wolf Ver. (Monster High)~20%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)

~Planning Stages~
Cana Alberona (Fairy Tale)
Yuiko Hawatari (Loveless)
Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

~On Hold~
Scheherazade Al-Rahman(Trinity Blood)~3%
Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)~10%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #48950
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Saw the last half of "My Fair Lady" last night on TV while channel surfing. While, not overly impressed (Re: Male character lead is a chauvinistic pig), which might get things thrown at me, I discovered the famous Ascot scene dress. How do you do?

And I wants it precious. To the point that I was wondering if there was a pattern around that could get that mermaid skirt effect and proceeded to look for one. Too bad that style dress would look like a frothy lace horrifyer on me. Stupid Audrey Stickburn.

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #48951
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
I feel you all to well, i shifted my list about 3 times this week and i am in the middle of doing it again(;w; ) I need to seriously make my mind upXD
Ugh me too! xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #48952
touchmon
Make All The Things!

One of my wigs is in New York! Now just travel a bit more and come to me my wig! *does the shipping dance*

And I'm having a pain in the butt time figuring out how to make Garbage Doll. I'm thinking of making his head out of a bowl but I'm stumped on the rest of his body. I'm thinking Styrofoam but I will I be able to get that kind of look? Plus I want his arms to be moveable...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #48953
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Been ridiculous busy on this end for the past few weeks, and everyone here's probably forgotten that I used to post here ever, but...

YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, I FINALLY FOUND HAUNTED's SPIKES AND WHAMMY BAR!!!

They have been missing since September. Finally found them in the box of CDs/DVDs I packed up when I had to move out of my apartment. Because I figured that I would baby the box of breakables and not smush the hell out of the spikes. And then I never unpacked the box when I moved back in. D:

In other news, I seriously need to get off my ass and start sewing something for Sakura-Con. Good grief. Purgatory Armor is no longer an option (because I don't know what I'm doing~), so now I'm trying to choose between Student Council President Erza, Robe of Remoteness Erza, and Default Yin/Izanami. Oh, I suppose I could wear OVA Yin if it's kind of warmish in April.

But now that I have Haunted's spikes and whammy bar, I can lug that beast around the con again if I fail to finish, you know, anything.
Yay! Glad to know they weren't broken in the move.

omg I know what you mean. I need to seriously get moving on my San cosplay. "otz
I went to work on it today, actually, but I realized that I forgot to buy thread that matches my thread. "otz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Saw the last half of "My Fair Lady" last night on TV while channel surfing. While, not overly impressed (Re: Male character lead is a chauvinistic pig), which might get things thrown at me, I discovered the famous Ascot scene dress. How do you do?

And I wants it precious. To the point that I was wondering if there was a pattern around that could get that mermaid skirt effect and proceeded to look for one. Too bad that style dress would look like a frothy lace horrifyer on me. Stupid Audrey Stickburn.
I adore that dress. I want to make it so badly. ;_____;

Last edited by Celia Rose : 02-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #48954
Beanypop
Hogwarts Enthusiast

There was a big sale on brocades at the local fabric store (buy 1 get 2 meters...yes please) and they didn't have the colour I needed. /whine

Also I think I've successfully converted a friend to cosplay, she's working on her second costume for this year.
harvest goddess harvest moon (wedding dress)
Beanypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #48955
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Yay! Glad to know they weren't broken in the move.

omg I know what you mean. I need to seriously get moving on my San cosplay. "otz
I went to work on it today, actually, but I realized that I forgot to buy thread that matches my thread. "otz
They're 5 layers of solid Wonderflex, I'm not sure it's possible to break them at all in daily happenings. o: But the paint might chip more. Anyway, I'm happy to have found them. I didn't paint Haunted, so if I lost them and had to make new ones, my paint wouldn't match. And I'm lazy. My laziness is not to be underestimated. .-.

How far along are you on San? Did you find amazing plush fur while I was away. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #48956
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

OMG YES!~! My friend got the tickets, hotel and plane booked so now all I have to do is not fail my classes and there is no way I'm not going to Sakura Con!~!!!!! I also need to not fail for Kawaii kon but thats a given.

But ugh I need to write my essay now... cause its due tomorrow... or I think it is? I should attend more classes... but ugh I get bored easily and its easy classes this semester.

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #48957
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
OMG YES!~! My friend got the tickets, hotel and plane booked so now all I have to do is not fail my classes and there is no way I'm not going to Sakura Con!~!!!!! I also need to not fail for Kawaii kon but thats a given.
YAY! The con is so close now~ I can't wait to meet up with everyone!

What hotel are you guys staying at?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #48958
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Finally got a little bit of time to work on Diva/Fabulous!Miku today! There's currently about 1800 rhinestones on this costume. I wish I was at least close to finishing, this is getting to be so tedious. xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #48959
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
They're 5 layers of solid Wonderflex, I'm not sure it's possible to break them at all in daily happenings. o: But the paint might chip more. Anyway, I'm happy to have found them. I didn't paint Haunted, so if I lost them and had to make new ones, my paint wouldn't match. And I'm lazy. My laziness is not to be underestimated. .-.

How far along are you on San? Did you find amazing plush fur while I was away. o:
Good point. I understand laziness, lol. xD

Closer than before. I may have found some nice fur in ivory from Distinctive Fabrics. I'm going to buy a couple samples from them tomorrow (they're like $1 per sample), and hopefully it works out. All their long-pile fur is on clearance, so I'm hoping to take advantage of the savings!
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #48960
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
YAY! The con is so close now~ I can't wait to meet up with everyone!

What hotel are you guys staying at?
Homewood suite by Hilton XD My friend was able to get a great deal for it~

Ah can't wait!~!!!!

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote