Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 927 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #48961
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Got my wigs from ebay today! I was a little worried they might not fit because they're from Korea and I have a fat head, but they work out fine. They're super soft, too.~
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #48962
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Finally got a little bit of time to work on Diva/Fabulous!Miku today! There's currently about 1800 rhinestones on this costume. I wish I was at least close to finishing, this is getting to be so tedious. xD;
That is an enormous amount of rhinestones. o: You need to wear this to the coscom lunch meet, it is imperative that I see this awesomeness, pleasepleaseplease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Closer than before. I may have found some nice fur in ivory from Distinctive Fabrics. I'm going to buy a couple samples from them tomorrow (they're like $1 per sample), and hopefully it works out. All their long-pile fur is on clearance, so I'm hoping to take advantage of the savings!
Hopefully it's some nice stuff. o: If you can find something you like for a clearance price, it doesn't get much better than that~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Homewood suite by Hilton XD My friend was able to get a great deal for it~

Ah can't wait!~!!!!
That's really close to the convention center. o: I think it's only like 2 or 3 blocks away, if I remember right. Very nice~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #48963
PK.love

I really wish my wig would ship. I am the most impatient person ever! At least my stun gun wrist watch shipped today...shipping time kills me hahaa.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #48964
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Why can I not find anyone to weft this wig for me? T_T It's just 2 little areas, is that so hard to do? I know a lot of people on here do wefting ... *sigh* I can't work on this wig til the wefting is done T_T fml.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #48965
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I really need to get back to work on my Dorothy cosplay. I sort of put it aside to make some lolita skirts. Now those are done. I probably would have worked on it last week if I hadn't gotten sick.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #48966
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

On Saturday I was looking through my boxes of stuff trying to find a fabric that I need to work on a cosplay. Not only did I find it, but I found a bunch of black fabric leftover from my first (horrible) attempt at Tux!Ten. Yay! This is going to end up saving me money on a couple of cosplays. Yay for finding fabric!

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #48967
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Times when I hate my rabid perfectionism coupled with my indecisive tendencies: I could buy $5/yd rose-patterned brocade that's pretty inaccurate (at least in my eyes) for Therese, or I could spend over four times that on a silk jacquard that feels more accurate (if still not right) ... and have to dye it, because the black is out of stock. Blergh. Why can't one clearly be more accurate? Failing that, why can't there be better shots of that material? Trying to look at jacquards in stage lights sucks. Half the time I'm convinced it is floral and the roses might be okay, and half the time I think it's far more busy than that ...

*fretfretfret*
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #48968
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I just got charged £70 for my sewing machine to be oiled and cleaned. I was also given a pack of needles because apparently, my current one was blunt.

I don't even know what to say, I'm just shocked and upset.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #48969
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

As a Keima cosplayer, I need someone to cosplay as Haqua's new hot outfit...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #48970
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

My Mukuro wig just arrived, yay! I already have the contacts, so maybe I could do a make up/contacts/wig mini test shoot? Hmm..
In progress:
| Cronus Ampora - 90%| Homura Akemi - 80%|
| Nagito Komaeda - 55%| Loki Laevatein - 50%|
| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
]Uta - 35%[/color]|
~
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #48971
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

My coscom wig just shipped~!

I'm really excited to see how it looks and feels. o: I hope the color is beautiful in person.

In other news, Student Council President Erza is a go! My friend is doing OVA2 School Lucy, and we're improvising a OVA2 School Gildarts (he got held back for missing class so often) for her boyfriend. We bought our ties and socks last night, and so today I'm going to try and find a usable pattern for Erza's jacket. And maybe find shoes that will work for both Erza and Yin.

And fabric. .-. What kind of fabric do you make school uniform jackets out of?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #48972
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
That is an enormous amount of rhinestones. o: You need to wear this to the coscom lunch meet, it is imperative that I see this awesomeness, pleasepleaseplease.
I'll try! c: Though I haven't decided which days I'll be doing certain cosplays yet, actually. I know I'll have to be Chococat on whatever day my Sanrio group wears their cosplays, and I'll most likely be debuting Tsubasa!Sakura that weekend as well. But even if I don't get to wear Miku the day of the lunch meet, we can still hang out for a bit or something when I do wear it. :3

Eeeeeeee yay, my Snowy shipped! :'D The polo shirt and sweater for Tintin have been ordered, bid's been placed on a great trenchcoat, and the weekend after next I'll get fabric to make the pants and hopefully find some shoes at Goodwill or something, and finding long black socks shouldn't be too hard. That just leaves me with narrowing down my decision on which wig to buy, which hopefully my friend will be helping me with since I'm not normally one to crossplay and thus I'm not too familiar with guy hair. >3>;;; Ah, and the binder. My friend needs to send me the link to that good seller she found.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #48973
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Otakon room has been booked! Ride is being debated, but we're staying at a hotel that's not very close to the con, so I'm not sure if carpooling for such an epic trip is a good idea...yeah we haven't fully figured that out.

Also, COSPLAY Y U TAKE ALL MY MONEY?
My girlfriend showed me the GORGEOUS dreamer designs from Homestuck and I am seriously considering dropping a few current cosplays to just work on Bro's. It's so beautiful. SO PERFECT. Oh my gooooooood, but there is no cheap way to make that. There is NO cheap way to go about this. I mean look at this thing: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...xi1uo1_500.png

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #48974
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
I'll try! c: Though I haven't decided which days I'll be doing certain cosplays yet, actually. I know I'll have to be Chococat on whatever day my Sanrio group wears their cosplays, and I'll most likely be debuting Tsubasa!Sakura that weekend as well. But even if I don't get to wear Miku the day of the lunch meet, we can still hang out for a bit or something when I do wear it. :3
Fair enough. : D We haven't decided what day the meet will be on as well. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing what day either. The rest of my Fairy Tail group are doing their Fairy Tail costumes as their only costumes for the weekend, but I have 3 outfits/costumes to choose between, so I have to weigh matching them or wearing something new. I might just go to the con in the morning dressed one way and then change costumes when we go back to my apartment for dinner and spend the rest of the night in a different costume.

Also, my friend will be so excited to see Sakura cosplay. That's her favorite character of all time.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #48975
PK.love

Apparently the internet heard my complaining about my wig not shipping that I posted here last night! When I woke up this morning I had an email saying it shipped. Hope that it gets here soon!
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote