Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Gemini25
~Gemini

Cosplay question! Need Advice.

Okay, so I want to cosplay as Meilin from Cardcaptor Sakura this A-kon and at first I wanted to be Vampire Princess Miyu but the color on the outfit was way off, talking baby blue vs white.

So I paid $45 to have it sent back to China and exchanged it for Meilin from Cardcaptors. Well it arrived and while it is very good quality, the color is also off. It's pink, not red...

I could dye it, but it would be a lot of work meaning I would have to find someone (I can't do it myself) to cut out the ying yang sign and red boarders, dye it and then sew it back on after. Or cut out those pieces and put it on a seperate red piece. A lot of work right, and more money spent.

My main question is How good is Cosplay House.com? The site I had ordered from was Cosplay Magic which has good customer service and quality, but colors way off.

This is the outfit I saw on Cosplay House:

http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Cardcapt...y-Costume.html

Based on the measurements (By the way, how accurate are they? I would wear a size medium. The chest and the waist size are exact and while it may be a little big in the hips, it can always be tailored in vs having it be too small and sol. But I just want to make sure the measurements aren't way off.

So option 2, which would save a lot of time would be to send the Meilin outfit I got at Cosplay Magic BACK. Yes, it'd be $90 wasted to and from shipping, but I'd also have $117 credited back to my card and when that goes through, I could order the outfit from Cosplay House and not have to worry about dying it etc. Also the outfit from cosplay magic besides it being pink, it comes in 2 pieces and there isn't a ying yang on the back, also the sleeves are REALLY long and drag about a food behind me (I'm 5"3 and will be wearing flats) And instead of bells like the one on Cosplay House, it has pom pom balls that came to me pretty much destroyed.

So, Is cosplay House reliable, do you think this would be my best option to send the one I have back and get the one there instead? Does anyone know how fast the shipping is at Cosplay House? I don't want to wait over a month or something. At Cosplay Magic it came in less than a week, they use DHL and very fast.

So...What do you guys think, help me out here!
Gemini25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
crazywuzhere
................poop.

The only things I've ordered from Cosplay House are Ouran Host Club patches, and they were okay except for the OR letters (I'm just going to go back over those).

For stuff like this, you're always going to have troubles, no matter what. But if you're mostly concerned about color, then yes, I would buy from cosplay House.
...It is a lot of wasted money, though.... have you thought about having a commissioner make it, instead of a company?
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Gemini25
~Gemini

I don't think it's a lot of extra money. I'm spending $90 between shipping the 1st outfit back and then this one, but I will also get $117 back onto my card which I will then use to order the outfit from Cosplay House. I'm not really spending any extra money nor am I losing it. Spend $90, but get $117 back...It's nice of Cosplay Magic to do that, Cosplay house doesn't even do returns, especially the money kind. But the colors are just way off at Magic. .

I would need to find a cosplay comissioner in the Dallas/TX area and I'm not sure the quality would be as good at the one on Cosplay Magic and I don't know how expensive it would be.

But people are welcome to give me their quotes.

I will certaintly get the outfit if it really does look like that. Once I hear back from Cosplay Magic I will even phone Cosplay House up and ask them to take a picture of it in natural lighting with a cell phone/digital camera and send it to my email because I have had two trial and errors and I WANT TO MAKE SURE, especially since they do NOT do returns. Then my money really would be wasted.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable request for someone spending so much money and paying shipping to send one outfit back just so I can buy with them. It helps that it isn't in China either, I used to live right by it in Cali. Too bad I don't anymore...

The outfit from Cosplay Magic was a faded red, but it def looked red. I can see how it turned out pink tho, it looks like it was a fabric dye used. However the one at Cosplay House looks like a fabric paint and that is RED RED RED> So hopefully there is no confusion on that and it fits. If it's a little big, I can get it tailored for free so hopefully the measurements are pretty true. I don't want it HUGE and I don't want it too small.

Last edited by Gemini25 : 02-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
crazywuzhere
................poop.

You know, you might be able to put some kind of painters tape over the yin yang symbol and then dye it red... I mean, what's there to lose, right?
Or use some kind of fabric marker, or....hmm... Do you have a picture of the costume you have now?
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Gemini25
~Gemini

Yeah I do. Well, if it doesn't turn out, there is $117 to lose. There is also gold boarders, I have talked to people about it and they said pretty much the only way is to completly cut them out, redye and the sew them back on.

There was a chick that said she charges her friends $800 for that!! Just because she has a fashion degree, give me a freakinnnng break.

But yeah, I really like the other one that's red from Cosplay House I just want to make SURE it will fit and the colors are good otherwise I'm SOL.

The quality on this outfit is good. My friend's cat destroyed the pom pom balls that were hanging off it, but we are going to put bells at the end like Meilin has anyways if I decide to keep it and the dress part (came in 2 parts) will need to be tailored in.

Just the color...Ugh I want my outfit to be accurate and Meilin does not have a pink costume!

This is the character:

This is the outfit that was pictured on the site I ordered it from:

This is how it came:

The shirt part:

The dress part is strapless and I don't have a maniquin, so I just hung the hanger on the shirt part, looks better on, especially if it was tailored:

But it's still not red...

This is the one I'm thinking about exchanging it for, but if I get this one, I don't get my money back. I REALLY want it red though! Accuracy is super important to me, I want it to be perfect.

The lady from Cosplay House says the colors may be a LITTLE off, meaning off white vs white. But ANY red is better than pink, I'm fine with off white, heck her "white part" is more of a cream color anyways.

But red is red, not pink.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Gemini25 : 02-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.