Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 02-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
AngryKitten

Plushy help

I want to make some plushies for my self and to sell.

but am unsure as to what fabric i should use, i need something soft and durable but easy to machine sew.

also if there was and easy plushie tutorials/patterns that would be great too.

also a ballpark figure as to price and where i could get some (online or Australian store)

Thank you in advance.

also i am aware that there is a sticky for fabric requests, but i chose to make this thread because i am not asking for just fabric tips.
AngryKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
AngryKitten

Bump, please i need to know i havent been able to find out what i need.
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
char99char
Crazy for costumes

First - no need to bump threads here.

Second - it is usually not allowed to sell plushies (or anything) made from other people's patterns or store bought patterns without permission from the maker.

You are asking a lot of general questions and people are probably hesitant to help you since your intent is to sell. You should be able to read through the forums or try out different fabrics and patterns to develop your own personal style.
char99char is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
AngryKitten

i wasnt planning on selling other peoples designs the patterns was for practice, i am planning on making my own designs to sell. i am aware of the copyright and intellectual properties laws, i am not interested in doing anything illegal, apologies for the bump, im used to forums that require bumping.

i prefer to have my own threads for asking questions and discussing, rather then looking at dead threads and necroposting.

the main thing i am after is just the names of prefered fabrics, so i can cruise my local craft stores.

i am asking general questions because i want general answers.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
char99char
Crazy for costumes

Thanks for the clarification on the patterns.

You missed my point on the general questions. Posts that say "I haven't done any research - tell me how to do everything" don't get responses.

You are new to the forum - your other question about price versus quality was a good one.

There is an entire tutorial section on this site:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...hlight=Plushie

you can also search the Internet:
http://lori-la-tortuga.deviantart.co...RIAL-101728424

Good luck with your business.
char99char is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
AngryKitten

awesome thank you, i had tried to google for an appropriate fabric but hadnt found anything, i asked here as well as yahoo questions and found out about minky fleece so im going to look into that, but i was curious as to what else i could use, it would be great if plushies said what they where coz id just be able to pick one of mine up and check
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
heaven_firings

I really like this person's DA. They share their patterns and stuff and they look nice, I actually plan on using some for some cosplays down the line. But like most places you really shouldn't sell what you make unless it's your design.

As far as materials it depends on what kind of plush you plan on making. If it's human characters most people stiff use a fleece for the actual character and then they use left over fabric for clothes and such. If you own plushies you might be able to just look/feel them and sort of get an idea of what you can use.

Be aware that certain parts of pretty much all plushies can't be done on a machine so familiarize yourself with hand sewing if you aren't already.

Price depends on how you go about gathering your materials. You'll obviously know what your base material will cost (the fleece) but the other components depends on if you're getting everything new or using pre-existing stuff you have left over.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote