Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #481
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm all against thread necros, but this thread is the best resource for Fallout cosplay so far on our boards so we might as well keep it kicking.

I'm posting here because after loving Fallout for a few years now, I've finally decided that I'd really like to cosplay from it. I'm thinking of making a Vault 101 jumpsuit for next year. I definitely like the stretch denim look of Frauette's jumpsuit in that recent deviantart link. I think I'd go with a slightly darker blue if I could, but that is definitely looking like the path I wanna take.

My first task will be making a Pip-Boy 3000, however! If I can't get that right, I won't bother with the jumpsuit! I read the first 13 or so pages here trying to get ideas, but I'm still pretty lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiKai View Post
i kind of wish we had a fallout section in the VG boards, most other games do, and some of them have fewer games in their franchise.
The sections for specific games/series were chosen based off how popular their initial threads were when we first made those sections. Fallout doesn't have much interest beyond some smaller threads, unfortunately! I'm talking threads with hundreds of pages.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #482
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Due to playing Fallout for the past few days I am currently working on my costume from Fallout New Vegas. Down the road I plan to do Brotherhood of the Steel armor but right now doing the NCR on the cover of the game (even though I keep telling them to suck it in the game). I am hoping to have the helm done by the end of August and have everything done by the end of October. Armor in general really doesn't bother me since I have done Halo armor already and currently working on another Halo armor along with this build.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #483
Bwentali

A quantum Quandry...

To post an idea here. There was a time where I did attempt to make a drinkable nuka cola quantum for a fallout 3 cosplay using tonic water, koolaid and a high powered uv led. It is only now after such a long time that I realize that the idea was sound but the approach was flawed.

First, the idea of some way to diffuse the light was correct. Every iteration that uses tonic water seems to fail to illuminate properly, waisting light that just ends up shining through the bottle. Second, I think the amount of quinine in tonic water is not enough, it does glow blue but just doesn't give it the unnatural glow that is expected.

So with that thought in tow, I think I have a general idea on how to proceed. Since the only way i know to get aquire pure quinine is from qualaquin, which is the cure to malaria. Quinine will have to be harvested from unsweetened tonic water, which is added at a yeild of 86 mg per liter.

The theory behind this is when you mix the quinine into the tonic water, eventually the liquid wont be able to hold the extra quinine. when the liquid becomes saturated with quinine, the remaining quinine will be suspended in the tonic water which will make the liquid cloudy. this will allow the light to diffuse. this would also allow the glow to intensify since the quinine is what glows under UV light.

obviously will wanna test this, but just wanted to post my ideas

Last edited by Bwentali : 08-04-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #484
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Looks like I might have a Pip-Boy after all. I am very excited.

Would an armored vault suit be that much more interesting than just a well made vault suit on its own? I'm not sure if I really want to add the armored version accessories or not. Really I guess it comes down to time before the event!

Unread 08-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #485
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I should have the helm done by the end of next week and it is going so smoothly. Then again this is my 3 helm I have made (first from Fallout). But now I am looking at making the bumper sword which doesn't look too hard and idk why but going to make a death claw plushie. Came across mama and the alpha male and even though they are a pain to kill it would be funny to have one as a plushie.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #486
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Can't wait to see pics!!

Is anyone planning any Fallout cosplay for Wonder-Con next year? (As long as it's still in or near San Francisco, anyway...!)

Unread 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #487
sandysaur

Hi there!
I'm planning on doing a Fallout 3 jumpsuit, and I think I'm going to buy a jumpsuit and alter it. I was wondering what jumpsuit seems like the easiest to alter?
http://www.amazon.com/Walls-Cotton-T...846411&sr=1-16
http://www.amazon.com/Inseam-Dickies...7846411&sr=1-9
If anyone else has any good jumpsuits, if you could link me to them, that would be awesome :D
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #488
R1KKu

Working on a Fallout costume myself. For now Im making a vault suit, although Im not sure which number I want to go with yet. Im using one of the jumpsuit patterns for it that I modified, and working in 100% cotton white twill fabric, which will get some custom dye and good old wasteland wear. Rit's website has a great color chart for anyone who is looking for that right shade of blue.

Also got my Pip-Boy in the mail last week. I cant stop playing with it....it's so awesome! Needs to be cleaned, painted, and wired for lights. If anyone is having trouble finding the perfect Pip, I can point in the direction of a guy who casts them. It doesnt come cheap, but he can add lights and sounds. I wish I had the means to cast some for sale myself. Thinking of at least casting the pieces for the belt. Dunno what Im doing for a weapon yet, but it will most likely be a big one.

After this costume, Im thinking about making an NCR ranger; I like masks and armor.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #489
Hoodwink Menace

Hey R1kku I've been trying to pm you about seeing about those pipboy casts but it says your pm space is filled. D; If you can give me the info of that guy that would be great. :]

I'm working on my fallout cosplay, I'm going for the merc charmer. Afterwards I think I'll go for a boomer outfit. I love fallout costumes since it's easy putting together. The only thing is the pipboy. >_<
I'd also love to put together the Annabelle rocket launcher or a Fatman.

Past Cosplays:
AX 2010: Lolita maid
PMX 2010: Hunter - L4D
AX 2011: Lady - Devil May Cry

Future Cosplays:
Kitana - Mortal Kombat
Hungary - Hetalia
Hoodwink Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #490
sandysaur

I think I know of the same guy that R1KKu knows about the casts, cause I got one from him too. I can link him to you if you want!
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #491
Hoodwink Menace

Please! That would be very helpful. :'D

Past Cosplays:
AX 2010: Lolita maid
PMX 2010: Hunter - L4D
AX 2011: Lady - Devil May Cry

Future Cosplays:
Kitana - Mortal Kombat
Hungary - Hetalia
Hoodwink Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #492
Inertiaticc

I'm thinking of making the metal armor for Megacon this year, which only gives me until Feb 17th to do everything. I'd make the armor itself out of wonderflex, which should be fine as I'm getting a new shipment of wonderflex in today. I'm thinking the spikes could be made of sculpey and possibly reinforced with wonderflex. The black underarmor parts should be relatively simple once i get the right fabric.

How do you guys think I should secure the metal armor parts to the black under armor parts? Maybe a very strong velcro?
Here's a reference picture
Inertiaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #493
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodwink Menace View Post
Hey R1kku I've been trying to pm you about seeing about those pipboy casts but it says your pm space is filled. D; If you can give me the info of that guy that would be great. :]
Sorry for super late post. Been quite busy. Anyways, the one I got was from a guy named Zook on http://www.the-rpf.com

Last I heard, he stopped making them. You could always ask. Another guy named Skruffy makes them too. His casts are based off the clock that came with one of the special ed sets. Zook, I believe, made his own model and had it 3D printed, then made casts. Zook's casts run a bit smaller than Skruffy's, but Skruffy offers a lot of add-ons to his, like lights and sound.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #494
PepMaster

Go here for Pip-Boy 3000's it's probably the cheapest place to get them from and even though the guy takes a little while to get them shipped they look pretty good. www.forgeprops.com
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote