Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Tsunayoshi27

Roxas Help?

So, I've decided my cosplay for Ikasucon 2012 in July. I'm gonna be Twilight Town Roxas, but I don't know how to start the costume at all. I have reference pics, and the wig tutorials would work. (the pics are on my comp.)
So, what would be the best material for a middle of July con?
My mom might be moving in a few months, so she's packing all her sewing stuff up, and won't let me use it. (until she's done cleaning and whatnot). I don't know how to do shoe covers either. I dunno what material to make them out of. any ideas?
thanks!
Tsunayoshi27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

for the vest (black one underneath coat) you can use a pattern for one like the fleece ones at old navy but obviously not use fleece, then the coatm you can use a pattern for an actual coat, then make the sleeves shorter, for the bants, your going to need to alter a pattern a bit, or use 2. what im thinking is altering one pattern, cutting the pattern into the 2 different areas of the pants (the black part and tan part) and making the black part longer going down the leg a little and the tan part taller going up the leg so that when they overlap, they will be like normal.
on the coat, you have those little black squares, you can either cut them out and sew them on, or make a bunch of iron on squares and iron them on. thats the oprion id choose.
as for fabric, look for a cotton type, thats what it Should be anyway. i see these pleather ones and im like WHAT!? nowhere on the game does it look like his twilight outfit is pleather.
anyway classic bottom weights should work just fine. the thinner cottons like broadcloth and all that might be too thin, but you could still get away with using those. but i will suggest the classic bottom weights.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Tsunayoshi27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
for the vest (black one underneath coat) you can use a pattern for one like the fleece ones at old navy but obviously not use fleece, then the coatm you can use a pattern for an actual coat, then make the sleeves shorter, for the bants, your going to need to alter a pattern a bit, or use 2. what im thinking is altering one pattern, cutting the pattern into the 2 different areas of the pants (the black part and tan part) and making the black part longer going down the leg a little and the tan part taller going up the leg so that when they overlap, they will be like normal.
on the coat, you have those little black squares, you can either cut them out and sew them on, or make a bunch of iron on squares and iron them on. thats the oprion id choose.
as for fabric, look for a cotton type, thats what it Should be anyway. i see these pleather ones and im like WHAT!? nowhere on the game does it look like his twilight outfit is pleather.
anyway classic bottom weights should work just fine. the thinner cottons like broadcloth and all that might be too thin, but you could still get away with using those. but i will suggest the classic bottom weights.
Thanks I think I have a coat and vest pattern in my basement, and I like the pants idea Thanks for the help!
Tsunayoshi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

no problem, just saying what im gonna do once i feel like it lol
also an ex-friend of mine was gonna do this cosplay and thats what we were gonna do..that was like a year and a half ago..im surprised i remember myself lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote