Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
My friends are planning a BBC Sherlock cosplay. They are having problems with Sherlock's coat as well. So one of my friends decided to do his pajamas (blue robe, grey shirt, pajama pants), and now she's having problems finding correct lightly striped PJ pants. Oh the difficulties of cosplay xD
Pajama version sounds awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioniafreak View Post
I am working on a John Watson cosplay right now~ My wig is a little blonder then being accurate, but i may use it anyway~ I just got a buttoned up shirt and a sweater for it today.
I'm thinking about getting the coscom "super short" in "cool ash blonde" for my Watson. Freeman has a really interesting (read: difficult to find) hair color. I can't find ultra short wigs easily :S

Dude, this thread is turning out awesome.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #17
ioniafreak
Geek.

http://ioniafreak.deviantart.com/art...-WIP-286360354
^^Progress so far~ Still a lot to be done, but i think it is working out rather well~

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
ioniafreak
Geek.

Quote:
http://ioniafreak.deviantart.com/art...-WIP-286360354
^^Progress so far~ Still a lot to be done, but i think it is working out rather well~
went out the the movies and did a test run~
-gah had so much fun-

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/414983/

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
Raikiri
Camp Holmesian Fanboy

Might get myself back on here and post up the Lestrade pics I have.

We've a small group of Sherlock BBC cosplayers here, just people who know each other really. Good fun though. Let me go find the pictures.
Raikiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
jalynissuper!

Going to be doing a Reichenbach Moriarty. (in a crown) My friends already cosplay as John and Sherlock so why the hell not! His eyebrows are devastating. *swoons*
Pikachu-pokemon: 95%
Dark Mousy-DNAngel: 50%
Sailor Saturn-Sailor Moon: 75%
Sakura- Cardcaptors: 10%
Mio Hio- DNAngel: 10%
there is more but i don't have even a stitch of fabric that i can say i've started for them.
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalynissuper! View Post
Going to be doing a Reichenbach Moriarty. (in a crown) My friends already cosplay as John and Sherlock so why the hell not! His eyebrows are devastating. *swoons*
Eeeee crownjewel!Moriarty! That will be so awesome! :3 The world needs more Moriartys. (<-- feels weird to say that lol)

I'm still having trouble with Sherlock's wig. I'm leaning towards prestyled, because his hair is too messy and curly that I would totally mess it up. I kinda like this one, I could steam-relax the top to be a little flatter and style it and the bangs. Opinions? Unless you have any tips on how to curl a wig from Arda or coscom. I'm trying to avoid the super curly, poofy hairstyle.

Damn you, Sherlock! Why is your hair baffling?

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
jalynissuper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Eeeee crownjewel!Moriarty! That will be so awesome! :3 The world needs more Moriartys. (<-- feels weird to say that lol)

I'm still having trouble with Sherlock's wig. I'm leaning towards prestyled, because his hair is too messy and curly that I would totally mess it up. I kinda like, I could steam-relax the top to be a little flatter and style it and the bangs. Opinions? Unless you have any tips on how to curl a wig from Arda or coscom. I'm trying to avoid the super curly, poofy hairstyle.

Damn you, Sherlock! Why is your hair baffling?
i think that wig would work great! hell even as is. I personally like Sherlock's hair all poofy.
Sleepy sherlock.
Pikachu-pokemon: 95%
Dark Mousy-DNAngel: 50%
Sailor Saturn-Sailor Moon: 75%
Sakura- Cardcaptors: 10%
Mio Hio- DNAngel: 10%
there is more but i don't have even a stitch of fabric that i can say i've started for them.

Last edited by jalynissuper! : 02-27-2012 at 11:43 PM.
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I don't plan to cosplay from the series (since I wouldn't manage to pull anyone off) but I'm a huge fan of the series and it's great to hear that some people are planning to cosplay from it!! I look forward to seeing the cosplays, good luck to everyone! I might stick around just to keep updated on your progress since it interests me, if that's alright.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Hey, jalynissuper, do you think you could maybe resize that image or just link to it? It's really high res and it's stretching out the formatting of the site.

KnightJeran: The wig that I used, which I find to very satisfactory (curly, but not too poofy), is a Sepia wig with the style name WB-800. I chopped a heck of a lot off the back, but if you want to avoid that, there is a shorter version of the same style called WB-700. I just liked the length of the curl in the front with the longer one. I wear the wig slightly askew to have the curl fall on my forehead the way I want to. The one you linked would work, but almost seems a bit too choppy for Sherlock's hair.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo_the_Kazoo View Post
Hey, jalynissuper, do you think you could maybe resize that image or just link to it? It's really high res and it's stretching out the formatting of the site.

KnightJeran: The wig that I used, which I find to very satisfactory (curly, but not too poofy), is a Sepia wig with the style name WB-800. I chopped a heck of a lot off the back, but if you want to avoid that, there is a shorter version of the same style called WB-700. I just liked the length of the curl in the front with the longer one. I wear the wig slightly askew to have the curl fall on my forehead the way I want to. The one you linked would work, but almost seems a bit too choppy for Sherlock's hair.
You make a fabulous point. Thank you for sharing your wig secrets (because everyone always seems so stingy about that kind of stuff). I love your Sherlock! Looks lovely! If it's trimming, I can do that!

Unread 03-02-2012, 04:15 AM   #26
Crescent010
Fallen Knight~

I so want to cosplay as Sherlock (and my friend as John during comic con Well once we know for sure we are getting tickets)

I so want to do the full outfit but the coat and scarf being the hard part and for the fact I don't wanna die of heat wearing it lol.
I actually plan to cut my hair shorter and touch up the black and then I'm going to curl it myself. Beats buying a wig.
I so love this show ^^
Crescent010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
ioniafreak
Geek.

i updated my John Watson cosplay if anyone would like to take a look~
I think it looks so much better then my first version~
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/418054/

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
redsheep

Quote:
i updated my John Watson cosplay if anyone would like to take a look~
I think it looks so much better then my first version~
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/418054/
Awwwww! XD

It's perfect.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
ioniafreak
Geek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsheep View Post
Awwwww! XD

It's perfect.
thank you :'D

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #30
double00beaver
Disco Toast

Finding a wig for John is turning out to be a nightmare. I'm doing a younger version of him for a fanart cosplay so I was considering looking for something a bit more on the dirty blonde side instead of the ash blonde look he's got now as an adult. Not sure though. Would be wonderful not to spend even more hours trying to find a wig to match his hair now. xD
double00beaver is offline   Reply With Quote