Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #616
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever contemplated doing any cosplay from Frozen Teardrop? I know all the fans hate it for what it did to the story and characters -- I can't say I'm thrilled with it myself -- but I kind of like "Cyrene Wind's" costume. Partly because I'm a fangirl but mostly because it's classy, like the White Fang outfit from the anime.

Not that I need another costume to add to my list, really. But it's tempting, in that "I-should-get-around-to-that-one-day" sort of way.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides

Last edited by AVAAntares : 05-16-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spoilers omitted. :)
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #617
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever contemplated doing any cosplay from Frozen Teardrop? I know all the fans hate it for what it did to the story and characters -- I can't say I'm thrilled with it myself -- but I kind of like Cyrene Wind's costume. Partly because I'm a fangirl but mostly because it's classy, like the White Fang outfit from the anime.

Not that I need another costume to add to my list, really. But it's tempting, in that "I-should-get-around-to-that-one-day" sort of way.
That would be really cool, in a "how many people will recognize this obscure cotume" way.

My friend showed me Frozen Teardrop back in September but I still haven't read it. I didn't realize it was a light novel... otherwise I probably would have jumped on it right away, lol.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #618
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
That would be really cool, in a "how many people will recognize this obscure cotume" way.
Hee hee, exactly! That's the ONLY reason I have Weiss Side B costumes on my to-do-someday list. That sequel series failed so hard they never even released the final volume of the manga!

Quote:
My friend showed me Frozen Teardrop back in September but I still haven't read it. I didn't realize it was a light novel... otherwise I probably would have jumped on it right away, lol.
You're not missing much. It takes place decades after the original series, and so far it's pretty much, "let's smash the world with the retcon hammer and completely screw up all the characters people love!" I mean, I do have to give them credit for

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
making Relena the crazy supervillain that everyone's trying to destroy.

I would never have predicted that, given the way the first series ended. But the rest of the plot is so convoluted, it's almost impossible to follow. The only reason I buy into it at all is

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
that Zechs and Noin are married and have twins, which is vaguely interesting to me, since I'm a HUGE Zechs/Noin fan. Though I'm slightly terrified that if the story goes on long enough, Milou and Naina Peacecraft are going to end up like Jacen and Jaina Solo from Star Wars EU...

So, yeah, the cosplay may not happen. But if I ever find myself trapped for a week with a lot of black and grey fabric and nothing else to do... maybe... ^_^

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #619
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

If anyone is going to 2012 Sakuracon in Seattle WA, we're trying to get a bunch of people to dress in OZ uniforms and march around con. Thus far I have both versions of Lady Une (B**** version and blue-suit sweet version), a possible Treize, a possible Noin, and a couple of possible grunts.
crystalamaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #620
laughingdeath
sexier than you

I want to cosplay Duo Jr. <<;
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts 2
Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children
laughingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #621
Calidath

I'm a new fan of Gundam Wing. I just discovered it this year.

I really want to cosplay Duo at NDK this year, but I've been planning almost all year to do a Pandora Hearts cosplay with my friends...so I guess I'll be him next year! But he's definitely at the top of my "Want To Cosplay" list.
Calidath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #622
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidath View Post
I'm a new fan of Gundam Wing. I just discovered it this year.

I really want to cosplay Duo at NDK this year, but I've been planning almost all year to do a Pandora Hearts cosplay with my friends...so I guess I'll be him next year! But he's definitely at the top of my "Want To Cosplay" list.
Nothing says you can't do both... ^_^ Duo's costume is simple enough that you could switch into it for part of the con.

Unread 01-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #623
Primus_Feather

I'd love to do a Gundam Cosplay, my dream Cosplays consist of Gundam Suits! (mainly due to I'm a 6'1 heavy built male, Bearded, with long brown hair- All the hair (including beard) my girl wants me to keep so my cosplay options are limited)
If I could figure out how, I'd love to do Deathsythe Hell (NOT KAI or EW) I just want to figure out the best way.. My follow ups are Cloaked EW Sandrock (that way I only have to do him from the shoulders up, the elbows out, and the knees down) But after these (that way I have some notches in my belt, Will be Zeus Gundam (G Gundam) mainly he's smooth (thinking of stretching elastic over the body, just for smoothness) But mostly I want to make his chariot! I have designs upon design in my head!
Primus_Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #624
Nakia

I'm a fan of gundam wing and im working on a Lady Une cosplay right now tho it is on hold cause of school.
Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #625
kuro_wing
Black Ring? &gt;.&gt;

Nice to see that some others still cosplay GW. I've looked at Teardrop myself- man they really tore up the story big time, and the characters? Wow.

Anyway! Hope to see new people around conventions still sporting the anime It's my fav and I'm always excited to see others cosplay of it :3
Izaya [Drrr], Shito[Zombie Loan], Setsuna F. Seiei[Gundam 00], Tessa[Full Metal Panic], Dragon!Envy [FMA Movie], Envy[Fullmetal Alchemist], Duo Maxwell[Gundam Wing], Heero Yuy[Gundam Wing], Izumi Curtis[Fullmetal Alchemist]
kuro_wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #626
alisia lycide

I'm thinking of cosplaying Hilde. Does anyone know how to I should go about making her shirt?
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #627
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdeath View Post
I want to cosplay Duo Jr. <<;
ME TOO.
Just for giggles on like a day 3 or 4. My only other gundam friend HATES the new manga.

I love gundam wing! I wish there were more cosplayers for Gundam...I personally cosplay as Duo Maxwell.

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #628
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia lycide View Post
I'm thinking of cosplaying Hilde. Does anyone know how to I should go about making her shirt?
That depends on your level of sewing skill -- but since you're asking, I'm assuming you don't want to make the shirt from scratch.

The first method that comes to mind would be to get two identical shirts of the appropriate colors (or pick up white ones and dye them), cut the yoke out of one of them, and sew it onto the other one.

Alternately, you could just cut the yoke out of a piece of purple fabric and sew it onto a lavender mock-turtleneck, as long as you're careful about matching the fabric type (i.e., cotton jersey, or whatever you're using) so the stretch ratio is the same.

Unread 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #629
alisia lycide

^ Thank you so much. :] I'd love to try from scratch but I'm not that great at sewing. This would probably be alot easier.
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #630
neozero

chiming in!

I just got a secret cosplay idea involving epyon.
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote