Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #151
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Late as hell response, but does that mean if I preregged by mail, I won't get any kind of receipt or confirmation to bring with me to the con?
^_^ No problem about your reply time. We're all busy people

As Sarcasm-Hime said we can mail a receipt to mail in memberships. Most of the Costume-Con memberships have so far been purchased in person, in which case we hand the person a receipt, or online in which case they get a paypal receipt.

Thank you for asking.

Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #152
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Just happened to be checking the CC32 website...and the patterns for the pattern contest are up!

First thoughts? Whoever picked them - our minds have now synced as one. o.O;;; I was drafting ideas based on that very mermaid pattern two days ago at work...meaning I may now may have to compete in at least three of the four masquerades. That is madness. Sheer madness... Gods, I am SO excited for this Con.

A question though... I know the patterns are a start point, and that the final product has to be recognizably from said patterns, but do we have to use all of the pieces of the pattern?Basically, if I wanted to use only the tail, but not the bodice piece would still qualify, or do we need to have the tail, bodice and...purse, I think the last piece is?

Either way, let the planning commence!

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #153
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

No, you don't have to use everything. We just need to be able to tell that you used that pattern for a good chunk of your outfit. In the past, Single Pattern entries have been everything from very close to the original to barely recognizable and really wacky!

Here are some photos of past Single Pattern competitions:
http://costume-con.org/gallery2/main...4930&g2_page=2
http://costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=7658
http://costume-con.org/gallery2/main...2_itemId=13400

I kind of want to make a mermaid too but since I'm helping run the con I don't think I can compete! LOL I might just make it for fun anyways. I'm curious about what people may do with that pattern that ends up being totally different from its intended use...;D

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #154
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Good to know, thank you! My idea keep changing from Pink chiffon nightmares, to hippie mermaids and everything in between, so I have no idea what pieces will end up in usage. The only constant is " under the sea" is stuck in my head.

According to science, costume con = fun, and mermaids = fun, ergo costume con = mermaids. Q.e.d. Besides as one of the head mermaids, you will then have the ability to hand out golden dinglehoppers to members of your court who have demonstrated their merness well. (I'm going to stop now, and just watch the movie before I start copy pasting lyrics.)

Unread 02-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #155
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

ack, I'm so torn if I want to stay sort of close to the pattern or go really far out :|

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 32!! Toronto 2014
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #156
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Talking

I want to make one and I can't even compete!

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #157
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

I can see the Men's Werewolf & Vampire Costume being popular.

Personally I would make for a manatee then a mermaid with my figure if i tired the other pattern. lol

Costume-Con 32
Jack ~ Pandora Hearts
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons and cosplay tutorials!
Ani_BEE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #158
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I can see the Men's Werewolf & Vampire Costume being popular.

Personally I would make for a manatee then a mermaid with my figure if i tired the other pattern. lol
I think that would be awesome. XD You crack me up Ani_Bee.

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #159
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Smile

For those who have inquired, yes we will be selling discount early bird memberships to Costume-Con 32 at G-Con this weekend.

As well to ease the burden on younger fans, we have introduced a High School rate.

Show us our High School I.D. and you can buy your CC-32 membership for only $25 Dollars!

(That's a $75 SAVING from the At-the-door price!)

So stop by our table and say hi to myself or Ricky Dick and get your Membership to CC-32 only the second time Costume-Con is coming back to Toronto in over 30 years!

See you there!

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #160
Merino
Bucket Loli

I'm sad that I can't go to Con G, I've been trying to get to a convention to be able to buy my pass in person but something always gets in my way! I might just have to register by mail at this rate.
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #161
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

My second CC32 discovery this week; the theme for the Friday Night Social: "The Monsters Club" Classy night club of monsters and mythos? The Unseelie Court of Haute Couture?

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the right side of my brain screaming the war cry of a viking berserker before storming off into whatever corner of my grey matter plays host to the Right-Side's madness. I can no longer be responsible for what happens at this point.

I can only hope that I will not have indenture myself in order to fund the wardrobe I am going to apparently be making for this event. That, and hope that the hotel room will be big enough to hold said wardrobe. I can sleep in the bathtub if need be.

Unread 02-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #162
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hello again, everyone; I won best in class at Con-G, and the prize that came with it was actually a free pass to Costume-Con! But I'd already bought mine, so I'm currently selling the one I won at a decent amount less than the price now, plus the cost of a stamp to mail the paper along. PM me if you're interested and about how much you'd be willing to pay; I'm open to haggling, but be reasonable, as in, no $5 offers and such.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 02-29-2012 at 10:08 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #163
Merino
Bucket Loli

Are there going to be people selling Costume Con passes at Anime North? I've had no luck getting to any other cons that were selling tickets.
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #164
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I still haven't seen any sign of a receipt or such in the mail for having bought my Costume-Con membership for 2014...

(Also, Merino, as I said in an above post, I have a pass I won at Con-G and am looking to sell, since I don't need it, and for fairly cheap. PM me if you're interested. I'm going to AN too, so I could even drop off the paper for it there (it's essentially a "Free pass; mail to this address to properly redeem it" thing).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #165
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

ShinobiXikyu, that's my bad. I keep forgetting. -_-' Will get that out to you asap.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote