Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Unread 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #7141
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Runestar View Post
Hey! It's about time I posted in this forum. I cosplay Caterina and was bitten by the trinity blood bug a few years ago. As someone once told me. Trinity Blood cosplay is never actually finished, It's just vriosu stages of "wearble" lol.
Speaking of which, here is my latest progress on Caterina's Normal Cloak. http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn989
http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn9gh

Once i'm done with this (which will be fanime this year, hopefully) I may never want to look at applique again. lol.
That looks pretty amazing to me!
And yeah, once you make a cosplay for this series you will always find some detail that was overlooked that you have to add on the next time you wear it...so very true...and I am trying to figure out what I can work on today since I have half a day off...and then figure out what I will be working on Friday through Sunday since I have most of those days off too...

Unread 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #7142
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Garnet! That looks great! And soon I shall walk the path of (Empire) trim....
I do hope we have you join us at Fanime again!

I'll post a progress pic or two soonish. Right now the garment construction isn't very exciting looking--being all black fabrics right now.

And Sephirayne--even if you didn't love the costume, do we get to see a full shot of the costume???
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #7143
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Anhelitta, opp! Sorry for reminding you. XD.

@Garnet, wow! The details look amazing. Had a look at the rest of your gallery. You have some really gorgeous costumes.

@Kimu, Yes, I will be adding photos of the finished costume shortly. As much as I hate it I did think I did well on the applquié and the head piece.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #7144
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

well here is my Seth costume (for ACEN) so far!

it's a little farther along then the picture.....(the pieces are sewn down now).

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3158283/
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #7145
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Well started playing with Astha's hat today...so much fun stripping last year's one down to the base and starting over again. xp
Thankfully it is going easier this time since I know what I am doing by this point in time...having made the darn thing 2 times already. XD
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #7146
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Wow! Biscuit, that is looking lovely. I love the lace. Can't wait to see that complete.

Anhelitta, Looking forward to seeing. I'll be tackling her hat later on in the year and I'm dreading it XD.

Currently, I'm working hard on Abel's white jacket. Hoping to have it finished in time for a planned photoshoot and convention in April. Hopefully will have some more progress on that soon. In the meantime you can see shots of the completed Mirka http://www.cosplay.com/costume/414664/
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!

Last edited by Sephirayne : 03-07-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: forgot link
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #7147
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

All I can say is-baseball cap with brim cut off makes a good base to start out with...and don't try and reuse a shoebox base that is over 3 years old-I had to reinforce mine with craft foam and duct tape because trying to remake that thing is a pain and I have no more shoeboxes to shred. I'm going out to buy fabric to cover the horror tomorrow. Then I will apply the fabric that matches my dress/coat on top and start having fun with applying the details...if you go to my profile you can see the one I made last year. And baring a few different color/material choices it probably will look very similar to that. xp
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #7148
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Looking forward to your remake, Anhelitta! =)

I finally made some more progress lol. xD The weather was nice today so I hammered half of my Esther snaps in. The bottom halves of the snaps aren't in yet, so the front panel is pinned in the picture.
Progress Lalalala

The bit over the shoulders looks a bit wide to me. =/ I was using the Thores character sketches as reference, but it feels weird irl. I'll be remaking it when I get a chance.

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #7149
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
Looking forward to your remake, Anhelitta! =)

I finally made some more progress lol. xD The weather was nice today so I hammered half of my Esther snaps in. The bottom halves of the snaps aren't in yet, so the front panel is pinned in the picture.
Progress Lalalala

The bit over the shoulders looks a bit wide to me. =/ I was using the Thores character sketches as reference, but it feels weird irl. I'll be remaking it when I get a chance.
Looking great thus far! The back does look a little strange...and hopefully your re-do works out!
And oh God Thores art...its gorgeous but fatal!
I am making a second hat after all...because the one image I thought I was using apparently is not the same shape as my current hat...argh...
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #7150
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelitta View Post
Looking great thus far! The back does look a little strange...and hopefully your re-do works out!
And oh God Thores art...its gorgeous but fatal!
I am making a second hat after all...because the one image I thought I was using apparently is not the same shape as my current hat...argh...
Thank you! =)

And the back in that photo isn't finished, actually. xD I thought it looked weird so I held off finishing it until I could get some second opinions. The bias tape is supposed to be connected, and there will be an invisible zipper in the back, which would be totally hidden by the wimple when I wear it.

Hats. D: Did you try making a cardstock mock-up? I find it works quite well for these silly hats.

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

Unread 03-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #7151
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Thank you! =)

And the back in that photo isn't finished, actually. xD I thought it looked weird so I held off finishing it until I could get some second opinions. The bias tape is supposed to be connected, and there will be an invisible zipper in the back, which would be totally hidden by the wimple when I wear it.

Hats. D: Did you try making a cardstock mock-up? I find it works quite well for these silly hats.
Surprisingly I could tell it wasn't quite done...should have said so but ah well...

I should do that but generally I just make a base, play with the shape until it looks like what I want it to look like, and then go all gung-ho on it and make the hat from that...not very complicated to do until I get to the final fabric application and detailing bits...

The hat I have partially done now could be used just fine for her outfit but me being the crazy artist I want to attempt the other hat that goes with the same outfit just to see if I can pull it off...if I have time...and money...(Momma needs a hutch and carpet for her house. lol.)

It's like me having two wigs for Astharoshe to-I have a blonde wig because for the longest time I thought she was blonde or platinum blonde and when I read the manga and novels and took a better look at the artwork I was basing my costume off of...realized her hair was white...

Sigh...such a fun series Trinity Blood is. xp
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #7152
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Sarcasm duly noted~ =P

And oh god her hair. In many of the artworks, the light reflects off of her hair and makes it look all sorts of weird colors. D: It's nice that it's canonly white though. Makes us cosplayers' lives easier~

A question for people who've worked with resin (I have zero experience with the material):
I'm thinking of coating all my accessories in a topcoat of resin to prevent breaking. Friends have told me that they paint it on with a brush, but it leaves brush marks.

Would the results be better if I use a slow-setting resin to allow the resin to settle before hardening? They were using one that was supposed to set in 30 minutes or so.

Last edited by KakeraのTsuki : 03-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #7153
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Oh no! I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I am so sorry if it sounded that way! >.<
I am bad with words sometimes...sigh...

Resin...oh God that stuff...I would maybe give the slow-setting a try on a test piece to see if it works out before using it on your final products...I get to have fun with the Castin' stuff-making all my gems and jewels for the hat, armor, and button things probably tomorrow if its still nice out...Spring hit us like lightning here!

Question for you-is all the gold detailing on your Ion cosplay applique or embroidery? I am just about ready to just use foam for all of mine at this point since my sewing machine decided to be a devil and not work...that way all my details will match...I went looking at my local craft stores to see what trim they had that I might be able to use and modify as needed but nobody around here has anything useful...Any good suggestions if you think foam is a bad idea? >.<
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #7154
FeyMeggan

See for my stuff that I coat in resin I use the fast setting stuff, but put it on a bit thicker than I need and sand it down to be smooth once dry. If you try to put it on thin and evenly gravity will just take advantage of you. B'sides, you'd need to sand a thin coat as well, and there'd not be enough to get a nice smooth finish.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #7155
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
A question for people who've worked with resin (I have zero experience with the material):
I'm thinking of coating all my accessories in a topcoat of resin to prevent breaking. Friends have told me that they paint it on with a brush, but it leaves brush marks.
Would the results be better if I use a slow-setting resin to allow the resin to settle before hardening? They were using one that was supposed to set in 30 minutes or so.
Depends on what you're coating and how viscous the resin is. I used a fairly quick-setting resin (shoved into place with a foam brush as necessary) to coat surfaces, but also a much slower-setting one to get a really good hardcoat on top of a halberd prop head. I think I preferred the quicker-setting stuff for ease of manipulation, honestly.

How detailed is the stuff you're looking at coating? The problem with resin's that because it's liquid it'll seep into cracks and crannies and potentially obliterate details unless you get a spray-on one (which I have no experience with personally).
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote