Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 167 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #7141
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@ashe2kawaii, for Schera I would say something like a satin or sateen. You can use other fabrics. Its really up to you, like what Kimu said. I'm using a combination of taffeta and satin for my Asta grown later in the year if it helps. The only thing I find with fabrics like satin is that if can fray really badly so I would either overlock each piece before sewing them together or get some kind of stop fray stuff.

@Kimu, Got a good shape going there. Looking forward to seeing more progress. Mine is now delayed till much later in the year as I've decided to do Asta instead as I already have the fabrics for her. I'm still working on some Abel costumes as I have the white jacket one coming up (working on that at the moment) and then Gold Armour for a group.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #7142
jiffyspiffy
Quit

How did I *only* just find this thread...? I was wondering where the other Trinity Blood cosplayers/ fans were!! *o*
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #7143
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

I know right?
I should have posted in this thread many times already.
I am making Astharoshe for Colossalcon this year...this will be my third and hopefully final attempt. And this time it will be near perfect or I will die. xp
My best friend said I needed to enter in a competition with her and for that I have to make pretty much everything or modify a good bit...here's for a fun filled few months of resin casting, wonderflex, painting, burning myself with hot glue, and finding a way to make a staff that screams accurate but is also con friendly...
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #7144
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelitta View Post
I know right?
I should have posted in this thread many times already.
I am making Astharoshe for Colossalcon this year...this will be my third and hopefully final attempt. And this time it will be near perfect or I will die. xp
My best friend said I needed to enter in a competition with her and for that I have to make pretty much everything or modify a good bit...here's for a fun filled few months of resin casting, wonderflex, painting, burning myself with hot glue, and finding a way to make a staff that screams accurate but is also con friendly...

{{ -rages- I had this lovely reply all worked out, then my computer spazzed and killed it.XD }
xD I'm glad i'm not the only one who hasn't happened upon this thread til now, then x3 I've been to about 5 cons the past few years, and I did not see a single Trinity Blood cosplayer at any of them .-. It was making me so sad, but at least others still do cosplay it! :' D Anyways, wow.Astaroshe. That's an ambitious endeavor ~ x3 What outfit? : o She's got such pretty ones. .-. Oh wow.You are more patient than I .-. You've remad the same outfit multiple times? D: Mannn.. I spent 2 months straight of working everyday until the early hours on the Empress' sword keeper Ion, and the sleeve split at the con..I haven't even been able to work on it again at all..the trauma of that work scarred me, even to do a simple sleeve repair.xD One day...That outfit I'd love to enter in a competition, I just always feel so funny with the 'pro' looking cosplayers xD Anyways such are the joys of cosplay! >W> Hot glue burns, spray painting things and getting them stuck to the surface you spray painted on...accidentally cutting through two layers of that expensive suede and velvet for these beautiful gaudy Thores designs. It's great xD I'm actually working on my third version of ion now..I started with the complex red one, went to the Arabian one, and i'm finally doing the most simple empire outfit now.xD
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #7145
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyspiffy View Post
{{ -rages- I had this lovely reply all worked out, then my computer spazzed and killed it.XD }
xD I'm glad i'm not the only one who hasn't happened upon this thread til now, then x3 I've been to about 5 cons the past few years, and I did not see a single Trinity Blood cosplayer at any of them .-. It was making me so sad, but at least others still do cosplay it! :' D Anyways, wow.Astaroshe. That's an ambitious endeavor ~ x3 What outfit? : o She's got such pretty ones. .-. Oh wow.You are more patient than I .-. You've remad the same outfit multiple times? D: Mannn.. I spent 2 months straight of working everyday until the early hours on the Empress' sword keeper Ion, and the sleeve split at the con..I haven't even been able to work on it again at all..the trauma of that work scarred me, even to do a simple sleeve repair.xD One day...That outfit I'd love to enter in a competition, I just always feel so funny with the 'pro' looking cosplayers xD Anyways such are the joys of cosplay! >W> Hot glue burns, spray painting things and getting them stuck to the surface you spray painted on...accidentally cutting through two layers of that expensive suede and velvet for these beautiful gaudy Thores designs. It's great xD I'm actually working on my third version of ion now..I started with the complex red one, went to the Arabian one, and i'm finally doing the most simple empire outfit now.xD
Well it basically is the one outfit of hers that is in the DVD series insert...where she is down in the sewers fighting the reanimated Methusaleh corpses...
I am one for perfection so I tend to remake things until I am satisfied with how they turn out ^^;. I also am an artist at making things out of items people would least expect certain costume bits to be made out of...
I am not going to suffer velvet and suede...going broadcloth route for her "coat". Played with other materials the other 2 times and did not like the results-especially the high quality satin...which still photographed badly...
Yeah, this is going to be a rough road for me this time since I am doing a great deal more than I did on the past 2 costumes...its a great learning experience and challenge for me as a cosplayer...nothing better than challenging one' self and having people compliment you on your finished work...makes all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it.

Last edited by Anhelitta : 02-20-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Anhelitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #7146
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Ion and Astharoshe! xD I adore them. <3

I've made both those costumes, and I need to re-make my Astha too, since it was my first costume and looks like crap now. "OTL Good for you for carrying through with remakes, Anhelitta! I keep kicking myself to do it, but I haven't yet.

Ion is hilarious to cosplay. When I wore it, people were so confused. A girl cosplaying a guy who wears a skirt - Mind blown.

No progress from my end. I was putting the zippers in for Esther, but my needle broke, and I've been too busy to take the time out and go shopping for more. Oh boo... it'll get done eventually =(

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #7147
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post

Ion is hilarious to cosplay. When I wore it, people were so confused. A girl cosplaying a guy who wears a skirt - Mind blown.
Ha ha ha, that's brilliant. Love Ion and Asta's designs. I'm doing the white/blue gown of Asta's (also from a DVD insert) this coming summer. I'm giving myself plenty of time as I don't often work on appliqué. Mainly working on Abel's costumes at the moment. I have two in progress at the moment. Can't wait to final have one finished.

I have done the odd remake with TB costumes myself as I do want to get them really spot on. I'm due to remake my AX uniform at some point. The bias has worn off so it all needs replacing . I do love the costume and glad that I got to wear as often as I did (more than originally planned).

*edit* Finally added Mirka to my gallery. I've taken a while to add it as I didn't like how it turned out. Decided to add it anyway as it is such a different costume to what I normally do http://www.cosplay.com/costume/414664/
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!

Last edited by Sephirayne : 02-21-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: adding link
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #7148
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Thanks Kakera-I do so enjoy the challenge...If I was a tad shorter I would have tried Ion just for the same mind blowing factor but being 5 foot 10 inches...well. I make a good Astharoshe methinks...and maybe one day a Caterina Sforza...because then I can blame some of the height on heels...
I thought long and hard about how I was going to get the gold trim on Astha's outfit...and I might just have to applique it on since I have yet to find a good gold trim suitable for what I want it to look like...thanks for reminding me Sephirayne that I will be having fun with that on top of everything else. XD
I found it sad that the cosplay costume sites only had her "manga" version costume and it was not well done at all! I showed my mom and told her "this is why I don't order the costumes like you think I should have-because they look like junk".
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #7149
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

It's certainly worth making the attempt to make it yourself! Even though most of these costumes are a challenge.
Glad to see new faces here! Welcome!

I'm moving from the muslin and pattern customizing phase into putting the actual base garments together for my Empire Abel. Yeah for black fabric, more black fabric, and yes, black fabric! (using 3 fabrics for shirt, jacket, and skirt) Alllllmost done with that; there's a little matter of a sleeve cap adjustment and a hood to finish off. And then it'll be getting started on drafting and making the trim...empire trim...aaaah! That'll take a while. ;D
And then there's that oh so silly Empire Hat of Doom to make...and belt bling bling bling!

This is why we looooove making Trinity Blood costumes! Fun, yes!

*and maybe more 13 sugar tea for everyone...*
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #7150
Garnet Runestar
Elrowiel

Hey! It's about time I posted in this forum. I cosplay Caterina and was bitten by the trinity blood bug a few years ago. As someone once told me. Trinity Blood cosplay is never actually finished, It's just vriosu stages of "wearble" lol.
Speaking of which, here is my latest progress on Caterina's Normal Cloak. http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn989
http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn9gh

Once i'm done with this (which will be fanime this year, hopefully) I may never want to look at applique again. lol.

Yay, deviant art!
Garnet Runestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #7151
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Runestar View Post
Hey! It's about time I posted in this forum. I cosplay Caterina and was bitten by the trinity blood bug a few years ago. As someone once told me. Trinity Blood cosplay is never actually finished, It's just vriosu stages of "wearble" lol.
Speaking of which, here is my latest progress on Caterina's Normal Cloak. http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn989
http://elrowiel.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jn9gh

Once i'm done with this (which will be fanime this year, hopefully) I may never want to look at applique again. lol.
That looks pretty amazing to me!
And yeah, once you make a cosplay for this series you will always find some detail that was overlooked that you have to add on the next time you wear it...so very true...and I am trying to figure out what I can work on today since I have half a day off...and then figure out what I will be working on Friday through Sunday since I have most of those days off too...
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #7152
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Garnet! That looks great! And soon I shall walk the path of (Empire) trim....
I do hope we have you join us at Fanime again!

I'll post a progress pic or two soonish. Right now the garment construction isn't very exciting looking--being all black fabrics right now.

And Sephirayne--even if you didn't love the costume, do we get to see a full shot of the costume???
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #7153
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Anhelitta, opp! Sorry for reminding you. XD.

@Garnet, wow! The details look amazing. Had a look at the rest of your gallery. You have some really gorgeous costumes.

@Kimu, Yes, I will be adding photos of the finished costume shortly. As much as I hate it I did think I did well on the applquié and the head piece.

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #7154
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

well here is my Seth costume (for ACEN) so far!

it's a little farther along then the picture.....(the pieces are sewn down now).

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3158283/
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #7155
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Well started playing with Astha's hat today...so much fun stripping last year's one down to the base and starting over again. xp
Thankfully it is going easier this time since I know what I am doing by this point in time...having made the darn thing 2 times already. XD