Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #106
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

That outfit is actually a costume, they even sell it in their cosplay store -http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the-398/The-Perplexity-of-Haruhi/Detail.
It's not really lolita, she may want to pick a different dress.

I've never had anything I bought from f+f be see thru, and if your worried about it looking unflattering get a higher waistline.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #107
wrestlefan2

Thanks for the info. I see that it may accentuate the stomach area which I would not want.

Wife is looking for a punk lolita style outfit. Anything on there site that would be consider such that is also high waisted so her stomach isn't sound easily noticed?

To help here are some pics of her (like I said she's just shy 5'3" and as of 12/9 weighed 242 lbs):

Wife's Pics to help with Lolita Buying

She has lost wait in those pics. The most recent ones are the top 3 (teal dress (tried on Oct 26, 2011 size US 22/24), yellow top (size US 22 tried on Oct 15, 2011) blue dress (size US 20 tried on Dec 4, 2011). The outfits at the bottom of the album (the sailor, the one with the pink top, and the black outfit taken the con merch rom (custom made last year by pro seamstress we know last year (a little baggy on her this august since losing weight) are all from late August this year)

And she still really likes that dress on F+F, so I'm guessing it's more of a cosplay than a lolita fashion. Got an e-mail from the site saying that some of their more lolita style cosplay can also show up on their lolita part of the site. I wish that wasn't the case.

I'm guessing what she wants is the black & white design to help match things she has at home, with a style that is somewhere between punk and sweet lolita (if that is such a "true" style) like this ones name "Sweet&Spicy".

Any help would be great, it doesn't necessarily have to be done via F+F, anna house, qutieland...like I said I can go up to $200 including shipping. Just want to make a lolita beginner very happy this Christmas season
wrestlefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #108
wrestlefan2

Here are her measurements (hope they help with a style of lolita to get)

Height: 5'2 7/8"
Weight: 242lbs
BP (Bust Points) Bust 49"
Waist Circumference: 45"
Bust Height: 11 1/2"
Neck Circumference: 15"
Shoulder Width: 21"
Arm Length: 20 1/2"
Hip Circumference: 57 1/2"
Shoulder to Knee: 36"
Shoulder to Waist: 17"
Biceps Circumference: 16 1/2"
Thigh Circumference: 23"
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #109
Meiki

Well I've done by best to try and hunt something down, but I'm not coming up with anything. Part of the problem is that punk is one of the hardest styles to find off-brand, and also that punk dresses are very rarely high-waisted. There's not a whole lot of overlap between sweet and punk, they're kind of on opposite sides of the scale so to speak.

If you want to stick with the punk look I'd suggest a skirt and cutsew, but if you're not super attached to the punk idea we could probably help you find an empire waisted dress that would work.
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #110
wrestlefan2

Thanks for the help. I understand what you mean. Just want the best for the cost available and not get a "cosplay" when I want "lolita" style outfit. Understand about punk and sweet being opposite side of the spectrum the more I read up about it. My wife also likes the classic, and gothic (regular and elegant) version beside the punk style. He dream whould to one day have a steampunk lolita outfit but she feels the waist height would be the hard part to deal with.

So, my wife went back onto F+F and searched around and saw 4 other outfits that she thought weren't all that bad looking. Please let us know what you think of each (and if you feel everything picture on the outfit in the main pic will be included when shipped).

Here they are in order of favorite to least favorite (After the cosplay one):

1st Favorite (in the black and white version) (there is a review of this outfit's quality on livejournal at: Outfit Review

2nd Favorite
(int the red and black version)
3rd Favorite (in mint version)
4th Favorite

Please rate and let me know based on my measurements above and quality of fabric which would be best to go with (and here's hoping that any of these aren't also true cosplays like the last one was).

Thanks,
Tim
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #111
Amanita

In regards to fan plus friend, I'm plus sized too, and they do custom sizing. So if you see something you like, they usually include an option for custom sizing in the dropdown menu for sizes. I've gotten some great stuff from there, and it was very well made- no cheap halloween costumes here!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #112
chickenlady4321

Im actually not to fond of fan plus friend. The prices are quite expensive for what your really getting.
Saya-Blood+
Chii-Choibits
Haruko-FLCL
chickenlady4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #113
VictorianMess

Has anyone bought this dress and has pictures of it? http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...Country/Detail
I've been eying it for a while and it happens to be on sale for a pretty good price. Are the sleeves attached by buttons or elastic?

Thanks.
VictorianMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #114
AliceOfHearts

I've had mixed experiences with F+F. A while ago I ordered my (now ex)-boyfriend this http://www.fan plus friend.com/servlet/the-433/Pirate-Lolita-fdsh-Gothic-Prince-fdsh-Ouji-High/Detail in red, custom made, and it fit him PERFECTLY. He loves it. The first time he ordered from them he got a jacket that never fit him properly (it was made-to-order, which was his problem).

When I ordered from them, I bought this: http://www.fan plus friend.com/servlet/the-1895/Alice-Lolita-cln--Card-%26/Detail (in red) along with a gorgeous necklace with a large red zircon with pearls and metal red and silver roses, along with some nice Classic Lolita socks. Now, I originally wanted the Steampunk Cyber Industrial Gothic Lolita 3Pcs Outfit, but they were all sold out. It took a while for F+F to tell me, but we got everything sorted out. I was on a deadline, but the JSK came in about a day or so after the con ended. It wasn't a big deal for me since there were a lot of issues and it was my first con.

ANYWAY, about the JSK I ordered. I chose the smallest size (not custom), and when it came in I was horrified. It was way too long. I'm 5'1, so the skirt reached halfway between my feet and my knees. I couldn't bring ship it back because it was too late, so I'll have to ask my friend if she can help me out. Also, see the lacy white/black ruffles where the cleavage would be? It wasn't there, at all, so I'll DEFINITELY need a blouse to wear with it. The lace on the sides of the corset wasn't as depicted in the picture and feels a bit cheap. I'm really hoping I can salvage the dress.

However, the accessories I ordered are perfect.

Now I know to custom-size all of my orders. ESPECIALLY when I order that Steampunk 3Pc, since it's part of my dream outfit.
AliceOfHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #115
joker860
CT Joker

Ok. First off sry for spelling errors on mobile phone. Second im new on this site n am wondering if I could get some help bout a costume I want on fplusf. Ima male n I am looking to buy their classic joker costume n I would like any pointers on buying a male costume from fplusf. I've read majority of the pages in thos thread and I c a lot of hit or miss being said wen it comes to alot of women purchasing skirts n such but no real male experience from fplusf. I live in the us n im trying to go to the april. So im wondering if I order during the second week of march how long would it take to be made n shipped to me. Also bout sizing would it be smarter to go out n get fitted for a suit or go wit the template sizes?also dealing with lentgh what is their standard length for a male is it the same as for a female? Im 5'8 so im wondering if the template height be a prob. And will the costume look the way it looks in the pic? Please help would b great,y appreciated thanx.
joker860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #116
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

joker860 you may want to ask on the regular costume boards this is more for lolia fashion so a lot of us have never ordered from their costume stock. Secondly your post is really hard to read you may want to cut back on the chat speak. After all you don't have to pay per letter here or anything.
Shine-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #117
joker860
CT Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine-Chan View Post
joker860 you may want to ask on the regular costume boards this is more for lolia fashion so a lot of us have never ordered from their costume stock. Secondly your post is really hard to read you may want to cut back on the chat speak. After all you don't have to pay per letter here or anything.
thank you i will do so
joker860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #118
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Has any one commissioned from f+f? And if you have can you tell me about your experience? I was thinking of having them commission a costume, it's very lolita oriented and I like their clothing. I tried asking them to give me a quote for a commission and they responded maybe 3 times and then never responded to me again so I don't know if I want or if I'm going to try bothering again. I did have another commissioner in the States I might have make the costume for me if they have an opening, but I suppose I don't need to worry for a while since I'm not planning to have it made until next year any way.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #119
Sukane
Sukane Ishikawa

I'm interested in purchasing this:
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...en-Back/Detail

Anyone order this before? Did it look like the picture? Did you get custom sizing or chose one of the presizes?

Thanks in advance! =D
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #120
StarTwilight227

I just purchased two cosplays from their cosplay store. I'm crossing my fingers this works out. Seems like it's hit or miss

Last edited by StarTwilight227 : 09-26-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
StarTwilight227 is offline   Reply With Quote