Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #646
ayaasan

Oh! How could I forget Topatoco? *face palm* I totally agree on supporting Hussie if you can. Heck, I even make scalemate and squiddle plush, but I don't sell 'em, just give them out as gifts and for myself and I'm currently waiting on the kids pins to be restocked to snag the entire set :P
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #647
Strawberrylawli

Oh I guess I wasnt clear sorry I meant to ask where to get a jersey like shirt like their's. I tried to get one from what pumpkin but my mom is.......well a parent
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #648
ayaasan

Oh! Have you tried Big 5? It's a sports goods store/warehouse chain. Pretty darn sure I've seen plain baseball jersey tees there
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #649
NerdyNinjaSaur

My friend's Kanaya shirt is successfully done now, and hopefully my Gamzee one shall be done later tonight. We decided to just use fabric paint on some plain black t-shirts and it seems to be going well so far.

As far as baseball tees go have you tried somewhere like a Dick's Sporting Goods perhaps? I'm not a hundred percent sure if they would have them but I would guess they do. I know they have all kinds of all sporty clothes.
Dave Strider (Planning Stage)
NerdyNinjaSaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #650
Lauriana

@strawberrylawli walmart should have some they're only 3/4th sleeves though

@dawnkestrel thats a really awesome davesprite! love the chest feathers
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #651
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Though I'd grill you guys--for the Feferis and/or Condesces in residence, how did you make her culling fork? The ends in particular, since the middle's basically a stick.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #652
MercuryLampe
based minto

I tried to not cosplay anything Homestuck this time around, but I couldn't help it! I saw some cosplays of Sailor Aries, Sailor Scorpio, and Sailor Virgo, so I thought I could design a Sailor Libra and cosplay that....
gosh darn.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m011bxI3Ej1qi7gea.png
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #653
Buni
Buni

I was thinking of doing a fem!Equius, but I don't really think Equius would be the type, as a girl to wear a skirt. What do you guys think?
Buni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #654
Kiega

@DawnKestrel:

Stumbled on this; is that you?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....HUYUyg%2Fk0%3D

@Buni: I can picture females that show as the STRONG type to wear a skirt (at least to the knees). If you go with the skirt, I think high socks would fit as well considering what Equius normaly wears too.
- Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- ?
- ?
Kiega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #655
crimson001

I'm really excited about my first Homestuck cosplay. I'm doing God Tier Jade and I've got almost everything together, or started except for the hood. The wig's on the way. And me being the stupid overachiever, I'm actually embroidering the design onto the front with silver embroidery thread. Is the fact that I'm making it silver and not pure white (for the visual effect of the metallic appearance) going to be an issue or is it okay? I like to be accurate, but also add a bit of my touches to make it unique to me.
Fanime 2012
Anime Expo 2012

Costumes for this year:
God Tier Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
3 In The Morning Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
Cardverse Hungary (Hetalia) - further distressing needed
Chess Hungary (Hetalia) - planning stages
Nyotalia Canada (Hetalia) - several finished
Beach Suki (Avatar) - complete
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #656
NerdyNinjaSaur

Just wanted to see what people thought of my horns so far. Here Don't mind the Gamzee ones too much seeing as those were the first ones I did, but how do they look? Suitable for Gamzee, Kanaya, and Karkat right? (I only made some Karkat ones because I had just enough left over to make his nubs XD)

@crimson001 I think the silver would be a lovely touch! I wouldn't worry about it not being accurate, because if anything it would push into the fancy direction that is floating around out there. Which in my opinion is even better. So by all means go for it.

@Buni I agree a fem!Equius just doesn't seem to be one for skirts. From what I've seen people tend to have her in shorts similar to Equius's if not a pinch shorter.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #657
crimson001

Been working on that embroidery tonight after I got a better silver thread. I'm really happy with how it's turning out right now. (Here's what it looks like so far)
Fanime 2012
Anime Expo 2012

Costumes for this year:
God Tier Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
3 In The Morning Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
Cardverse Hungary (Hetalia) - further distressing needed
Chess Hungary (Hetalia) - planning stages
Nyotalia Canada (Hetalia) - several finished
Beach Suki (Avatar) - complete
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #658
Monniemoo
Call Me M

@NerdyNinjaSaur - The Gamzee ones look a little more exaggeratedly curvy than his are, but still clearly his. The others are spot on! Great horns ^.^

@crimson001 - Great detailing! ^.^ I'm sure it'll be gorgeous when it's done!

I'm in a bit of a catch 22 at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone had an opinion or advice that could get me out of it. I am working on a Signless cosplay for myself and a Disciple cosplay for my girlfriend. She obviously has to have fangs, and I was thinking of making myself some pointy sharkteeth just to add an extra edge to my costume. Hers will definitely be made out of very large fake thumb nails, like those kind in the bone color for manicures or whatever, which I know will be the right length because she is a small person and I've seen some massively long fake thumb nails out there. I was also planning on making my teeth out of fake nails when I realized that you attach the fangs with vampire fang putty stuff, and remembered that I have a bad habit of clenching my teeth very hard. I think it would look kind of silly to have fake teeth just on top, so I was wondering if instead I should get one of those sets of pointy rubber teeth, which won't look quite as good but won't be in danger of coming off when I accidentally clench. However, my problem with this is that I want my girlfriend's cosplay to match well with mine, as we are doing these two specifically to go together, so I'm worried it will look a little odd to have her fangs one way and mine another.

Does it matter if we have different fangs? Am I wrong in thinking that my clenching could take out the bottom row of sharkteeth? Is there some other way to more securely attach the pointy teeth? I'd love any feedback I can get on this situation!
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #659
NerdyNinjaSaur

@crimson001 It looks lovely so far! Excellent work. ;D

@Monniemoo Thanks these are my first ever horns and so far they seem to be turning out fine so I'm glad. And I've seen some people who have made their horns curve way too far in my opinion. So I decided to settle for an in between style, because his poofy hair should distract from the bottom part anyway. It won't be too noticeable I hope.
As far as your teeth issue goes I don't really think it will matter if you have a different style from your girlfriend. I imagine every troll would have different teeth anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. Everyone was kinda original in my opinion you know? So don't worry too much, instead do whatever works best for you.
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #660
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Oops, I need to check this thread more often!! I'm currently starting to work on my Sollux cosplay now but unfortunately I'm too ill to leave the house and get things that I need so I've only ordered the official t-shirt so far and am currently looking for a wig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyNinjaSaur View Post
@ToroSonyCat Let me just say that you make an adorable Eridan! Okay now that that is outta the way, I'd love to help you pick an outfit but for some reasons the links aren't working on my end. Hopefully its just me so that other people can help, but if you do decide to go with the Condescension I shall wish you all the luck with that mess of hair and huge horns. I imagine they will be difficult to handle. XD
Awww, thank you!!
That's odd, they haven't been deleted or moved... heres the links again:
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ngl9o1_500.png and http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...pawbo1_500.png
Though after giving it some thought, I'm not so sure that can deal with the whole possible wig and horns trauma for Condense so I'm giving Disciple some more thought ahaha.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote