Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #136
Gohan Som

There aren't too many that I would find annoying but here are a few.

Chi Chi (Dragonball z) Goku's love must be stronger then his super saiyan might to withstand that marriage.
Mimi (Digimon) We get it your a self absorbed girly girl enough already
Mai (Yugioh) To some up what abriged said she is a self absorbed duelist who as far as I've seen has one on screen victory

Special mention:

Asakura (Haruhi) She dosn't annoy me at all she just creeps me the &$@* out.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #137
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

I can't remember the name, but I could not make it past the second episode of Risky Safety because the main character and Safety were so unbearably annoying. It was literally the only anime I abruptly walked out on in the middle of an episode, ever. It's a shame too because I found Risky hilarious and I liked her character design at the time.

Basically from what I remember she (who is like 9 or 10) saw her boyfriend (who is also like 9 or 10) in the park with his 30 something teacher(?) who is bent over for some reason and he is near her face looking worried. Her immediate reaction is that he is cheating on her with this woman by smooching or something (lol?) and then spends the next 1-2 episodes wanting to kill herself. "Oh he rejected me bwaah".

When she actually bothers to talk to him and the woman she finds out she lost her contact (or something like that) and he helped her put it back in (which took all of 20 seconds) and yet wasted our time over such melodrama stupidness. What in the heck is wrong with her so that is the first thing she thinks of and then says nothing to anyone?

That is actually a pet peeve of mine when people do this in general in anime or videogames or whatever (GRR I am SO MAD/UPSET/whatever but I won't say ANYTHING to ANYONE I'll just GLARE angry-like or cry in some corner and leave everyone clueless and then be mad when literally no one understands precisely because I am saying nothing hurr derp), but she took it to the next level with the totally outrageous jumps in non-logic. It didn't help that the angel (Safety) was a total sniveling mutant Barbie with a voice that reenacted the feeling one has when walking barefoot on broken glass. Simply awful. I was kind of hoping Risky managed to land a hit on the brat with her scythe but nope! No go.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...

Last edited by Spiritwalker : 02-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #138
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Please pardon my incoming rants and fowl behavior in post. I just wish to emphasize the pain these characters gave me when they ruined my animes.
(Can someone please tell me why I can't post pictures on this forum??)

Alright, here's my list, from almost worst to worst ever.

First is this useless *hoe.
Kei from Gantz. She's a "lead supporting character" but what does she do? You guessed it, NOTHING! Not only does she do nothing throughout the anime, but her attitude doesn't match her character, her looks, or any of the characters in general. Common'... The very first thing we find out is that she, a quite "god-given" woman, slit her wrists in a bathtub. Why? Who the hell knows, but this gets followed by her almost getting raped by several of the men, then practically is by the dog. I can understand her not liking it, but then later on she acts like that was all new to her. I mean... SERIOUSLY? You act like an innocent lamb yet display yourself like a peeled banana, and even wanted to kill yourself for something.
You'll never buy her "sweet and innocent" act through the whole anime, and honestly I just wanted her to die from the get go.

Second is this little s**t.
Devil May Cry did NOT need a little girl in it, for ANY reason. The DMC anime didn't do well for a number of reasons, but she was the leading cause of it. A half-human, half-demon, who slays other demons for a living, that spends his time alone, surrounded by weapons and death should not be even remotely "liked" by a small and "innocent" girl. Another person who needed to get cut out terribly.

Next is the already mentioned, but I'll mention again, Mary-Ann dumb-f**k.
As stated, Berry ruined the Tokyo Mew Mew series just by her entrance. Even though it was slightly hard to warm up to Ichigo, she just sent the series straight down the s**tter. There is a good reason I sold all my TMM manga for two cookies, and she is a stinking pile of it.

Oh yeah, this b***h.
Risa from DNAngel. "But Seority! She was a main plot point!" Yeah and? Her character was dumber then mud, and she played no part in anything except being Daisuke's crush at the beginning. First she blows him off for Dark, who just ended up playing around with her then blew her off. After seeing that Dark didn't give a rat's a** about her, she tried to get back with Daisuke, just to see her sister go with him instead. Serves her right for cock-teasing Daisuke. At the end she just accepts that she'll be "alone" for now, which is quite fine with me, but she just really pissed me off at the start of the anime.

Lastly, this c**t.
Ringo from Air Gear. Why you ask? Well, not following the gutted anime, she becomes the biggest back stabber to Ikki in the manga. If you thought Simca was just using him, then please think-a-f**king-again. SPOILER: Ringo ends up being apart of this underground group who ended the first Sky Kings rein and were out to destroy Ikki. It's like... REALLY???? You f**king "love" this man, yet you will just try to kill him just because your "ancient" order tells you to? Wait, arn't you like 17? What the hell?! *facepalm* It's just sooo stupid I don't want to even wrap my head around it.
I could care less if a character is a dumb blonde, made just for moe reasons, or has a squeeky voice. I hate characters that are POINTLESS and none the less, just out right contradict their own messages. Of course that is the writers fault, but still. These characters were useless, annoying and just needed to leave. Would of saved myself many headaches and frustration if they just didn't exists.

TLDR? These characters are useless and contradictive.

Last edited by Seority : 02-16-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #139
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

it not anime but, peggy hill. she needs a good beating
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #140
zssfanxxx
I LOVE RAYMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
it not anime but, peggy hill. she needs a good beating
Agreed.

2012 or 2013 Cosplay
Zero suit Samus ~ 0%

Rayman
0%
zssfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #141
Android raptor
Batshit Ghinius Fangirl

ITT the same, tired bashing of the same anime girls who get in the way of yaoi pairings it's trendy to hate. That said, I suppose I should put mine out.

Chan Agi (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack): Not sure why exactly she bothers me, other than she's a bland goodie-goodie and that's not the kind of character I go for AT ALL. I even like Quess, but I'll be damned if I don't kind of want to choke Chan.

Kagome Higurashi (Inu Yasha): But not for the reasons usually cited! I actually dislike Sesshomaru, Inu Yasha himself, and just about the rest of the entire cast for basically the same reason I dislike Kagome. I think she, like just about everyone else, is really goddamn bland. They're little more than cardboard cutouts of some of Rumiko's other characters and it's kind of annoying after awhile to watch them still grow no more depth 50 episodes in then they had in the first episode. Sesshomaru especially is one of the worst offenders IMHO *braces for lynch mob*

Nina Purpleton (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories): Oh Nina. You weren't so bad for the first half of the series, but once the Albion landed on the Moon you took a nosedive straight into becoming one of the worst female characters in the Gundam franchise. You became a shallow, weepy, clingy, whiny bitch for no justifiable reason we can see. What gives?

Special mentions also go to Aina Sakhalin (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team) and Juri Arisugawa (Revolutionary Girl Utena) who thanks to their fans I'm on fairly unstable terms with. I've grown more forgiving of the former of the years, but the later is bothering me more and more by the day.

Other than that I don't really have a problem with all the other names brought upon again and again in threads like these, either because they're from series I haven't seen and have no interest in watching (Sakura, Orihime, Tea) or I watched them and didn't see what the big deal was/wasn't bothered (Misa, Winry, even *gasp*Miaka). To be honest the main character archetype that annoys me to the point of wanting to punch the TV isn't something applicable to anime girls (Purity Stu/morality pet male kids' movie protagonists. Think Simba, Littlefoot, etc). That and I also think the hate a lot of these girls get is way overblown thanks to shipping/bandwagon effect/internalized misogyny/etc.

My two cents.

Costumes
Uniform!Ghinius Sakhalin (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Elpeo Puru (ZZ Gundam), Kyoji Kasshu (Mobile Fighter G Gundam), Jirarudan/Lawrence III/the collector (Pokemon: the Movie 2000), Uniform!Quess Paraya (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack) Gijinka!Scar (The Lion King)
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #142
xiiatherandom
Trilby's slave

Nunnally from Code Geass

She was so horrible. I she was a complete purity sue. And them at the end she turns all stupid and homicidal. (With the FLEIAs and what not) And she was so STUPID and easy to use. She never believed in Lelouch. And he would have DIED for her. She was such an idiot. It was like
Nunnally: OMG, Lelouch killed so many people with Geass. Let me jump on Damocles and do THE EXACT SAME THING.
Words could not describe how much I hated her. Her English voice just adds to it. It was like the creators where just like "Feel sorry for this character!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by star*crossed View Post
For me, it'd be Flay from Gundam SEED, Kallen from Code Geass, a good majority of the chicks from Bleach, Dita and Jura from Vandread, aaaand a bunch of others. >_>
I sooo agree about Kallen.

Also, I hate Winry Rockbell.
Everyone always says Rose is weaker than her. But she gets raped, has a baby, and watches Ed die and still moves forward. Winry just cries and tries to get attention all the time.

Also, I really hate Marie Parfacy from Gundam 00 and Nena Trinity.

Cosplays line up:
Yuno Gasai
Luka Megurine(Just Be Friends version)
Shirley Fenette
Lelouch Lamperouge
Izaya Orihara
Madoka Kaname
Sayaka Miki
Masaomi Kida

Last edited by xiiatherandom : 02-19-2012 at 11:36 PM.
xiiatherandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #143
Animegirl13

Dawn from Pokemon. Her stupidity is just...beyond me. I seriously want to slap her-so glad she's off the show now

Oh, and Tenten from Naruto. Seriously, she has no remarkable/interesting talents or personality, is quite annoying and often comes across as selfish and moany...seriously, if she wasn't in the anime no event would be any different!

~Temari- Chunin Exam Arc (Naruto)
~Megurine Luka (Magnet)- Vocaloid)
~Megurine Luka (Just Be Friends)- Vocaloid)
~Temari (Sasuke Retrieval Arc)- Naruto)
~Shirley Fenette- Code Geass
~Izumo Kamiki- Ao No Exorcist
~Megurine Luka (Matryoshka)- Vocaloid
~Princess Tutu- Princess Tutu

In-Progress

~Sayaka Miki (Magical Girl Version)- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

deviantART

Last edited by Animegirl13 : 02-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Animegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #144
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

oh yea iris from poekmon
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #145
Animegirl13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
oh yea iris from poekmon
^^Agreed^^

~Temari- Chunin Exam Arc (Naruto)
~Megurine Luka (Magnet)- Vocaloid)
~Megurine Luka (Just Be Friends)- Vocaloid)
~Temari (Sasuke Retrieval Arc)- Naruto)
~Shirley Fenette- Code Geass
~Izumo Kamiki- Ao No Exorcist
~Megurine Luka (Matryoshka)- Vocaloid
~Princess Tutu- Princess Tutu

In-Progress

~Sayaka Miki (Magical Girl Version)- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

deviantART
Animegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #146
Gohan Som

This is a weird one for me because she is actually one of my favorite characters in the show but Tomo from Azumanga Daioh. For the most part I find her hillarious but the majority of the school trip episode she had a personality that would just drive me nuts if I were there.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #147
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

Hiyori Sarugaki in Bleach really got on my nerves. At least Orihime Inoue would heal people, but she also was annoying at times.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #148
J Ryoga
I CAME TO PLAY!

Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2: Shut up. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! S! T! F! U!

Kagome from Inu Yasha: Something about her just bugged me all the time. Maybe it's the whole FALLING FOR EVERY VILLIAN'S TRAP deal.

Flay from Gundam Seed: OK, for the longest time Releena from Gundam Wing was at the top of my list of annoying anime girls. Then I met Flay. Because of Flay, I find Releena CUTE now.

Nunnally from Code Geass: I'm sorry, but I don't care about her, and nothing you say can make me care about her.

But the undisputed champion...

Quess Paraya from Char's Counterattack: QUESS PARAYA, WELCOME TO DIE!!! I'm sorry, but this girl had no right to be on my TV screen for more than one scene. Not only was the voice grating subbed AND dubbed, but she chewed up a criminal amount of screentime. The only Gundam series death that I consciously cheered for.

"You Are Dead. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" -- Magneto, X-Men arcade game
And the list goes on!
J Ryoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #149
Android raptor
Batshit Ghinius Fangirl

I like Quess. Yeah, she's a huge brat, but considering she's 13 goddamn years old and from a dysfunctional family to boot it'd be pretty unrealistic if she wasn't an ornery, angry little bitch. Other than the fact that I relate to her way more than I should, I think it's nice to see a 13 year-old who actually acts like a 13 year-old instead of a sugar-coated Polly Ana. Plus she serves to illustrate the how low Char's sunk in that he'd take advantage of a naive, needy kid to use her as a weapon in order to achieve his goals. The situation is similar to real life sexual predators who seek out and befriend similar girls to use them for sex (and the girls, being young, naive, and starved for love/attention from an older role model are none the wiser). I think that setup is really interesting as much as it is despicable on Char's part.

And doesn't Flay shape up and try to make amends for her sins in the second half of the series? I think it's a little unfair to hold stuff she later grows past and tries to make up for against her. Same with Relena, she gets off to a pretty awkward start but has some pretty massive balls by Endless Waltz. Of course a good chunk of the bashing she got was from butthurt misogynistic yaoi fangirls and bandwagon jumpers, but still.

Also, I don't get the whole "hating a character because they have an annoying voice" thing. Voice =/= who the character is.

[/Devil's advocate]

Costumes
Uniform!Ghinius Sakhalin (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Elpeo Puru (ZZ Gundam), Kyoji Kasshu (Mobile Fighter G Gundam), Jirarudan/Lawrence III/the collector (Pokemon: the Movie 2000), Uniform!Quess Paraya (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack) Gijinka!Scar (The Lion King)
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #150
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

My girlfriend loves this one anime called Tenshi ni Naru Mon! (I'm Gonna be an Angel!). God, the main heroine is so loud and irritating.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 02-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote