Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #661
crimson001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyNinjaSaur View Post
@crimson001 It looks lovely so far! Excellent work. ;D
Thanks. I'm actually on a trip right now, so I don't have any of my stuff to work on or even take a shot with it on until Sunday, but I managed to finish the loose filling in.

Hopefully, it'll look good when I try it on.
Fanime 2012
Anime Expo 2012

Costumes for this year:
God Tier Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
3 In The Morning Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
Cardverse Hungary (Hetalia) - further distressing needed
Chess Hungary (Hetalia) - planning stages
Nyotalia Canada (Hetalia) - several finished
Beach Suki (Avatar) - complete
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #662
NerdyNinjaSaur

Ah the weekend has come and it will soon be time to tackle the painting of the horns. XD I can already see a few major cracks that I'm gonna have fun filling in first but hopefully I'll be done with them this weekend so I can get another picture up. If I remember I'll take a picture of my Gamzee shirt as well. I forgot to get one when my friend had her Kanaya one too. Hopefully our hard work making them holds up to the washing machine. ^^;;

@ToroSonyCat Your very welcome and, that's understandable. I'd definitely take the comfort factor into consideration, but I have to say I like the second image. (Now that they are working for me XP)

@crimson001 Nice. It stuff like that that makes me wish I was more skilled with needles and thread. Oh and you gained a new follower on Tumblr ;D
Dave Strider (Planning Stage)
NerdyNinjaSaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #663
Lauriana

I have my first deadline DX it was a total surprise but I'm going to wondercon Its in like 2 weeks and I need to finish the scarlet ribbitar (gotta cut out the structure part, put it all together and paint) and trim the heck out of my John wig and find a long sleeve green button up shirt. DX I have a casual plaid green button up but idk if that would work if I can't find one.

@crimson001 Looks pretty awesome!

@monniemoo I don't think it would matter if you two hand different fangs, and denture sealent? its safe to put in your mouth and it might hold better
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #664
Strawberrylawli

question, how do you all feel about a shoter jade wig. It reachs a bit pass my shouldars. Its long but if seen most jades wigs goin to there chest
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #665
Buni
Buni

Emm.. how big exactly should I make Equius's and Sollux's horns?
Buni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #666
mirthfulmew

/creeps into thread/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrylawli View Post
question, how do you all feel about a shoter jade wig. It reachs a bit pass my shouldars. Its long but if seen most jades wigs goin to there chest
would you happen to have a link to the wig or a picture of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buni View Post
Emm.. how big exactly should I make Equius's and Sollux's horns?
I would think that sollux's smaller horns would be two inches while his bigger horns maybe 4 inches. For Equius I suggest making two horns exactly the same size and then breaking off one of them. These are my suggestions, but really it depends on head size and what you feel comfortable with.
mirthfulmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #667
Buni
Buni

^ Thank you.
Buni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #668
ayaasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriana View Post
I have my first deadline DX it was a total surprise but I'm going to wondercon
Oooh! Yay!! I'll be debuting Nepeta Saturday afternoon at Wonder-Con! I wish that convention had it's own forum--I'd love to help host a Homestuck gathering :3
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #669
Lauriana

@ayaasan Awesome! I'm planning on going as alpha!Dave that day. Yah I totally agree it should have its own forum, it would be awesome to have a gathering How many days are you going?

bluh all the pictures of my full dave cosplay are on my phone I have no idea on how to get it to my computer but i'm going to work on my sword soon so I'll try and get that up later
Unread 03-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #670
ayaasan

@Lauriana: I have a room at the Hilton and I'm staying all three days ....and I'm bringing six costumes. *headdesk* At least I only have one more to finish and some finishing touches on two others.

Oh! and have you tried sending the pics in a text to your e-mail?
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #671
kkhavok

Heh. Me, a close friend of mine, and my cousin are all going as trolls: Gamzee, Karkat, and Nepeta respectively. My cousin knows nothing about Homestuck, but my friend and I are really into it so after browsing the trolls she decided she wanted to be Nepeta. I'm in charge of making everyone's horns, and next weekend Nepeta and I are going on a shopping spree to gather the rest of the things we need, mainly paint and horn supplies.
kkhavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #672
Lauriana

@ayaasan Cool I'm there all three days as well! SIX costumes thats a lot! I'm probably only bringing maybe 4. I kinda forgot what hotel I'm staying at at the moment but it's within walking distance to the convention center. Also thanks for the advice, totally forgot about that!

Pictures of my Dave cosplay are up! Couldn't work on my sword today :l the dremel tool im using battery was actually out and it takes forever to fully charge.
Unread 03-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #673
BeepBeepMeow

So, like everyone else here, I've fallen pretty hard for Homestuck. And there are so many characters I'd love to cosplay, but it's so hard to choose! I already gathering stuff for Jade, but I'd also like to do one of the trolls...If y'all wouldn't mind offering up suggentions, that would be fantastic! I pretty much like all of them...http://www.flickr.com/photos/7761273...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7761273...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7761273...n/photostream/ (I apologize for the wonky image quality.)

Last edited by BeepBeepMeow : 03-04-2012 at 12:32 PM.
BeepBeepMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #674
MercuryLampe
based minto

^ I think you'd make a great Kanaya or Vriska!
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #675
LockedxxHeart

@ Lauriana - Your Dave cosplay looks AMAZING. A millions times better than mine, I can assure you xD.
Your sord looks awesome as well and will be a nice touch to the cosplay.
Great job!

@ BeepBeepMeow - I completely second MercuryLampe's suggestion for Kanaya. You would look stunning. However, I also think you'd make a very nice Aradia.

Also, while on the topic of Kanaya, I am happy to report that I began work on her cosplay this weekend. My horns are sculpted and drying and my skirt is about halfway done, if not more. I was very happy to find that Topatoco's Kanaya shirt is accurate and could be used for cosplay, so I purchased that.
I swear, Topatoco and WhatPumpkin are going to have all my money pretty soon, haha.

Last edited by LockedxxHeart : 03-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote