Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Ciarathallya
Ragnacrack Cosplay Addict

Newb

I'm a newbie to ccon and will be attending for my first time this spring. I've been reading tidbits about the con here and there and it all kinda intimidates me. I've heard and read rumors so I'm kinda apprehensive. . I primarily do video game costumes and neo-Victorian stuff. Plus anime on the side when I'm inspired. I do not do historical costuming at all so I'm at a loss in that department. Nevertheless I will go anyhow. I want to attend _anels so I can learn and grow as a costumer. This old dog wants to learn new tricks.

Also people don't roam around in costume and the few that do are allegedly shunned. Please say it ain't so because conventions are my excuse for getting dressed up.

Unread 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

It's definitely a great place to learn and all types of costuming are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarathallya View Post
Also people don't roam around in costume and the few that do are allegedly shunned. Please say it ain't so because conventions are my excuse for getting dressed up.
There are some folks who've been at this so long they don't do nearly as much hall costuming as they used to. Being comfortable tends to take precedence after awhile. But no one should ever be shunned. It's supposed to be a supportive environment.
Remember the ribbon project I mentioned on the other topic? If someone is rude, just find one of our ribbon wielders and we'll smack the polite back into them
2010 recipient ICG Lifetime Achievement Award
2012 recipient Costume-Con Founders Award

Annual Conventions: Costume-Con, Archon
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

yeah new friend ^^

<3
costume con is super awwwsooommme<3

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg

Last edited by trixyloupwolf : 02-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Ciarathallya

I got my email to. Yaaaaay. Never did I expect a 9 page pdf with so much info in it. I will check out the links to the infamous fashion folio after I get to work in a bit.

Atm I have no costume planned because I haven't been costuming much since I had my daughter. Just been doing stuff in the steampunk community because I kinda out grew ega/egl. Truth be told I'm really a neo-Victorian fan girl since I'm not uber obssessed over all of the gadgets. So I will think long ang hard on what to make. But I'm feeling nostalgic for cosplay scene so maybe something along those lines to. Losing weight sucks so I need to make new stuff to wear.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarathallya View Post
First, welcome! Can't wait to meet you!

Second, please do wear costumes in the halls! There's a push from a few of us to get more hall costumes at Costume-Con so that there's more for the photographers to see during the day. Gotta help out those photographers.
I always wear costumes because I can't miss a chance to be dressed up. There are quite a few other people who wear hall costumes as well, but like von Drago says, there are a lot of attendees who would rather be comfortable than show off.
I just don't understand that.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I always wear hall costumes; I feel naked without them! And I've never been shunned...that I know of LOL

And you don't have to do historical by any means! There's lots of people that do sci-fi, fantasy, anime and original designs.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Ciarathallya

Okies that's I shall be costumed 24/7.

Walks in door
Pull out fabric horde
Plots
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Smile

Please don't be intimidated and costumes are costumes, please feel free to wear video game or anything you are into. The nice thing about Costume-Con is there is a wide variety of people with a wide variety of interests. Please say "hi" if you see any of us and introduce yourself!

Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 03-16-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling! ^_^;
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Buddycat
Assistant ICG Archivist

And keep your eye out for the Costume-Con Cognoscenti, who can help with putting you on the fast track to understanding everything about the CC experience. Look for the person(s) wearing the HUGE honking ribbon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives

Also visit the International Costumers Gallery: http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
Buddycat is offline   Reply With Quote