Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #676
XprincemagnusX

Heck yeah! I'm almost done with my Tavros cosplay, just need to spray paint the back of my wheelchair with "SICK FIRES!" Also one question, is 16 fl oz of body and face paint enough to cover my face and arms?
XprincemagnusX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #677
LockedxxHeart

@ Prince - Depends on your brand. For one that is water-based and activates with water, definitely!
It should be enough for an oil-based one as well though, and for a good few times as well, depending on how many layers you do^^
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #678
Monniemoo
Call Me M

wow, I need to check here more often x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyNinjaSaur View Post
@Monniemoo Thanks these are my first ever horns and so far they seem to be turning out fine so I'm glad. And I've seen some people who have made their horns curve way too far in my opinion. So I decided to settle for an in between style, because his poofy hair should distract from the bottom part anyway. It won't be too noticeable I hope.
As far as your teeth issue goes I don't really think it will matter if you have a different style from your girlfriend. I imagine every troll would have different teeth anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. Everyone was kinda original in my opinion you know? So don't worry too much, instead do whatever works best for you.
I don't think that the Gamzee horns will be a problem! I think they'll be pretty darn recognizable ^.^

Thanks, you're probably right...I just get so worried about the details >.< But yea you're right, every troll is different, so we don't need to be identical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriana View Post
@monniemoo I don't think it would matter if you two hand different fangs, and denture sealent? its safe to put in your mouth and it might hold better
Oh, didn't think of that! Definite possibility, plus it'll be more widely available...I will look into that, thanks! ^.^

I have another question! Here, you can see a photograph of on the left, the tights I purchased and have been making troll gloves out of, and on the right, leggings of the same material that I estimate to be proper troll skin color. As you can see, the color of the tights I purchased is a few shades darker than that of the troll skin color. I will be mixing the face paint to match the gloves regardless...so how weird would it be if our (Signless and Disciple) gray was darker than the gray of other trolls? I feel like this would be less weird since they're ancestors, but I'm not sure.

This becomes more of an issue when it comes to her Terezi cosplay. I want her to be able to use the same face paint for both, so we don't have to mix two separate concoctions, but I feel like it'd be weird for her to have too dark a gray.

Does it even matter? Are the grays even really that different? Have I just gone off the deep end because I can't do anything for these cosplays except make gloves right now?
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #679
graycat

hi, i'm monniemoo's aforementioned girlfriend cosplaying disciple/terezi. thanks for suggestions so far. we will both keep note xD
graycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #680
BeepBeepMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monniemoo View Post
Thanks, you're probably right...I just get so worried about the details >.< But yea you're right, every troll is different, so we don't need to be iI have another question! Here, you can see a photograph of on the left, the tights I purchased and have been making troll gloves out of, and on the right, leggings of the same material that I estimate to be proper troll skin color. As you can see, the color of the tights I purchased is a few shades darker than that of the troll skin color. I will be mixing the face paint to match the gloves regardless...so how weird would it be if our (Signless and Disciple) gray was darker than the gray of other trolls? I feel like this would be less weird since they're ancestors, but I'm not sure.
I don't think it should be a problem if the gray is bit darker than usual. I f you look at pictures of meets, there are generally a variety of differently shade Trolls.

And thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I've decided on Kanaya, though I'll probably end up cosplaying Aradia too~
Also, today I went thrifting and found a skirt for Jade (though it's a bit more 'flowy' than I'd like), which means I only need to style the wig and get the shirt/shoes!
This is so exciting!

Last edited by BeepBeepMeow : 03-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
BeepBeepMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #681
Lauriana

@LockedxxHeart Thank you so much!! I'm absolutely sure yours is awesome!

@monniemoo No problem! and about the gloves/tights i think it should be fine it should lighten up slightly while worn/on

I have no excuse to not cosplay a troll now (either karkat terezi or vriska most likely karkat). I have the ben nye makeup and the neutral set. Soooo all I need to find are black shirts and grey long sleeve for vriska and glasses for terezi. Any advice on how to make(terezi's glasses)?
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #682
Monniemoo
Call Me M

@BeepBeepMeow - That's really good to know. Thanks! I guess I'm just getting caught up on the details again >.<

@Lauriana - That's true, thanks! Also, to answer your question: I was surfing the Homestuck cosplay help Tumblr the other day for this exact thing! Mostly they suggested this kit which has great glasses, or cutting and sanding down these. That Tumblr also had some tutorials on how to make them, but since I am swampted with other things to make I didn't save those >.> They should be under the Terezi tag!
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #683
NerdyNinjaSaur

@Monniemoo Thanks, and no problem glad I could help! To chip in with the skin color thing, I don't think it really matters much either. I've seen plenty of pictures of meets and things where people have darker shades.

And now an update on the lovely horns I've been working on. XD I finally got mine and my friend's on the headbands and need another headband for the extra Karkat nubs I made. They all need another coat of yellow paint at the top before I'm completely happy, but what do you think? The Gamzee and Kanaya ones then Karkat nubs
Dave Strider (Planning Stage)
NerdyNinjaSaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #684
LockedxxHeart

@ NerdyNinjaSaur - Great work on your horns! You did a particularly nice job on paint, nice and bold. But the colors are also accurate, which is what probably matters the more. Nice shape overall too.

My Kanaya shirt from Topatco arrived today. Simply perfect, well worth the money I spent on it.
Also, for any ladies who might be purchasing a shirt from Topatco, definitely order up like it says! I usually wear a girl's Medium in shirts, and decided to order up like it said to in order to play it safe. And it fits just like my usual Medium t-shirts.
I think this mainly applies for the girl's shirts. Just thought I' share this info to anyone who is nervous about the sizing.
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #685
NerdyNinjaSaur

@LockedxxHeart - Thanks so much! I was a little worried that they wouldn't be just right but in the end I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'm even more pleased with them all because this is the first time I've done something like this, so it was a learning experience. I just wished I had got a picture of my friend's shirt we did so we could have a picture of both of ours. D: Oh well maybe someday I'll get it.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #686
Lauriana

@Monniemoo Thanks! Though I totally forgot I don't have a wig for her yet. :l

@NerdyNinjaSaur I agree your horns are awesome! I love your gamzee horns.

On another note I don't know if I can finish my scarlett ribbitar on time for wondercon. :l I can probably finish it but the painting might not be the best.
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #687
NerdyNinjaSaur

@Lauriana - Thanks! I'm glad to hear it. And I'm sure your scarlett ribbitar will look fine. I'm sure you can do some quick painting in order to make it in time. XD
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #688
John Egbert:B
The John Human.

yay mspaint adventure cosplayers :B
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #689
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedxxHeart View Post
My Kanaya shirt from Topatco arrived today. Simply perfect, well worth the money I spent on it.
Also, for any ladies who might be purchasing a shirt from Topatco, definitely order up like it says! I usually wear a girl's Medium in shirts, and decided to order up like it said to in order to play it safe. And it fits just like my usual Medium t-shirts.
I think this mainly applies for the girl's shirts. Just thought I' share this info to anyone who is nervous about the sizing.
I've heard mixed reviews on Topatocos troll shirts and their stock photos aren't really all that reliable (the group photo of the shirts and the solo photos look different colours!) so this is really good to hear! I ordered a (mens) Sollux t-shirt and I was sort of worried about it even though one of my friends did buy the same one and I saw it IRL but still...

Kinda wondering if I should have bought one of the womens ones though because if it's like my Dave t-shirt in a mens size it'll probably drown me u__u but I don't want it to fit like a women's one because I'm crossplaying sooo yeah.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #690
LockedxxHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I've heard mixed reviews on Topatocos troll shirts and their stock photos aren't really all that reliable (the group photo of the shirts and the solo photos look different colours!) so this is really good to hear! I ordered a (mens) Sollux t-shirt and I was sort of worried about it even though one of my friends did buy the same one and I saw it IRL but still...

Kinda wondering if I should have bought one of the womens ones though because if it's like my Dave t-shirt in a mens size it'll probably drown me u__u but I don't want it to fit like a women's one because I'm crossplaying sooo yeah.
Based on my Kanaya shirt, the color of the symbol does appear a bit closer to the one in the group photo. It's a bit of a midground between the two, actually.
But I like the color I got better than the one in the main image, that one is a bit too pale of a green for Kanaya's shirt, IMO. So I am very satisfied with my Kanaya shirt.
But I think either color would work fine. Hussie tends to be a bit inconsistent with the colors of things like this in HS, so I personally think that either would work fine. And it looks simply great with the rest of my cosplay.

I think if you got a girl's shirt in a larger size, it might have given you a still masculine fit. Like, a girl's XL would probably be equivalent to a men's XS or XXS, if they carried one.

Does this post make any sense or have any sort of point? I don't even know, I apologize for my babbling xD.