Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Unread 02-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
ayimera

Portal 2 Socks - Cheesy?

So I dropped a good amount of money on a Portal Gun kit, and I started thinking about the longfall boots - what an engineering nightmare. I have a general idea, but I have a lot of other things on my plate and don't know if I can muster up the courage to walk around a convention in 4-inch heels. Would the Portal socks by J!NX (http://www.jinx.com/p/portal_2_long_fall_socks.html) be a terrible cop-out? As a cosplay community, I need your advice on if this would be a lame plan B!
ayimera is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
borzou
Tape Measure Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
So I dropped a good amount of money on a Portal Gun kit, and I started thinking about the longfall boots - what an engineering nightmare. I have a general idea, but I have a lot of other things on my plate and don't know if I can muster up the courage to walk around a convention in 4-inch heels. Would the Portal socks by J!NX (http://www.jinx.com/p/portal_2_long_fall_socks.html) be a terrible cop-out? As a cosplay community, I need your advice on if this would be a lame plan B!
You could wear white hi-tops and I know I wouldn't judge you.
borzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Zhor'Fughakee
Wasteland Plague Doctor

I'M currently making the same cosplay as you, and I bought some black ( bleh -.- ) heel boots, they aren't that high, just perfect ! I'll make a white boot cover, the stilts and yup... you can do the same if you want, the heels are a detail, don't worry about that because walking like Chell all day long can be very painful !
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

Walking around in socks on a convention floor just isn't practical or safe. If you step on a nail or something, it will hurt and you'd possibly get infected.

Honestly, I completely botched the boots. I already had a pair of white boots that I just cut up and electrical taped to give it the design. The heel springs were made from cardboard, coat hangers, and electrical tape (laugh all you want to, I know I'm cheap =P ). In pictures, because I taped up the back heel, it doesn't really look like its there if you angle it the right way.
Panne - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lyn - Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken
Palutena - Kid Icarus

Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote