Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #76
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-more-thread View Post
I was just wondering how long the game usually lasts? Also, im assuming that even if a player gets deffeated on the board they have to stick around till the end just in case a pawn calls them back?
The game itself usually lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. If a player gets defeated, then they are under no pressure to stay. We understand that people probably have other commitments or things that they have do so once a piece is defeated, they are free to go and stay as they please. Usually pieces stay because they want to see the rest of the game and/or we also have a huge groupshot at the end too. Depends on the person really. Hope that answers your question

Unread 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #77
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabranigdo View Post
The game itself usually lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. If a player gets defeated, then they are under no pressure to stay. We understand that people probably have other commitments or things that they have do so once a piece is defeated, they are free to go and stay as they please. Usually pieces stay because they want to see the rest of the game and/or we also have a huge groupshot at the end too. Depends on the person really. Hope that answers your question
Yes! thank you
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #78
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

People, people, I love that you are all interested in the game/photoshoot, but could you keep the photoshoot conversations over in the photoshoot thread? ^.^

As far as we know, this game is still happening. It turns out that my email address is hated/has a hate on for all things internet, and thus, massive hole in communications (no ones fault really, as far as I see it. Technology isn't always perfect). So, we are trying hard to make up for the lack of notice about this game and just doing the best we can with what we have.

So, yeah ^.^ The game is most likely going to be on Sunday, from the looks of it, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #79
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

Sorry, I just heard about this Melvin cosplay now.

Why the sudden change of day? Some people want to do both the chess and photoshoot on the same day. :/

Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:

Last edited by musicalcats : 03-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #80
Myloko

Because not everything can take place on Saturday lol. Vessa, I sooooo want to be your Sailor Venus for the game! Are you going to the next staff meeting later this month? I know you usually have to drive a long way, but it would be cool to catch up with everyone in Cosplay Chess again (I haven't been with you guys in a few years ;_;!).

FYI: I'm Justine btw. I helped you guys organize for a few years in the beginning, wore my kimono and played as the white team player back in 2007 XD
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #81
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

I organized the photoshoot on Saturday because it's the most popular day. I think people would like to do both on the same day. That's just IMO though.

Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #82
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

Again, we have little to no say in the matter. I would love to have both games on Saturday, but time and space are the issue at hand. If we are on Sunday, at least there will be something exciting happening in the TCC that day? Yes, I say that questioningly, as I don't tend to be in the TCC on sunday..sunday is my sleep in day so I can drive home day :P

~Vessa

Edit Note: There is a game still on Saturday. It is in the other thread. It is being run by Edgar and his team. This is (or will be) a completely different game.
poo flinger! FLING!

Last edited by Vessa-Sushi : 03-11-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: updating
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #83
Shabranigdo

Just bumping this thread up there.
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #84
theberryX
The ______ one

I'm still willing to change sides with anyone on the Chaos side who isn't a pawn =]
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #85
Gohan Som

I have to update my status. The Valon costume didn't work out so I've decided to go with a sure thing of sasuke uchiha which I already have. The songs can stay the same because they fit the character. Sorry about that.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #86
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Som View Post
I have to update my status. The Valon costume didn't work out so I've decided to go with a sure thing of sasuke uchiha which I already have. The songs can stay the same because they fit the character. Sorry about that.
Hey no worries. We're still a few months away from the con so I'm expecting changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theberryX View Post
I'm still willing to change sides with anyone on the Chaos side who isn't a pawn =]
Who knows, maybe someone'll decide to change later on.
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #87
Ayame_Higono
Eater of Souls

Is it okay to ask to be an understudy in case a pawn doesn't show up?

Humanized Creeper - Minecraft - AN2014 (100% done)
Midna - Legend of Zelda - AN2014 (10% done)
Nagisa - Free! - AN2014 (20% done)
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #88
Neko Cat
Viral Cosplayer

I updated my theme song in my post on page 1. I might change what part of the song to play but at least I have the song selected.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #89
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_Higono View Post
Is it okay to ask to be an understudy in case a pawn doesn't show up?
I'm assuming you're asking to be a spare? I would suggest that the best thing to do is show up during the actual signing in once it's posted and then line up because if we do like a spare list from a reserve list, then it wouldn't be fair to the other people that would want to be a spare. During the checkin, just line up and if someone doesn't show up, then we start calling out spares at that time. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko Cat View Post
I updated my theme song in my post on page 1. I might change what part of the song to play but at least I have the song selected.
Cool man, thanks. Just let me know beforehand, preferably in like a few weeks time of like which part of the song you wanted changed or something.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #90
Neko Cat
Viral Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabranigdo View Post
Cool man, thanks. Just let me know beforehand, preferably in like a few weeks time of like which part of the song you wanted changed or something.
Yep that's fine. I just wanted to make sure to at least get the song submitted. I want to make sure to pick a good part of the song since we only get what 10-15 seconds of the song? I might even decide to keep it from the beginning if we get 15 seconds for the song
Closed Thread