Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #691
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedxxHeart View Post
Based on my Kanaya shirt, the color of the symbol does appear a bit closer to the one in the group photo. It's a bit of a midground between the two, actually.
But I like the color I got better than the one in the main image, that one is a bit too pale of a green for Kanaya's shirt, IMO. So I am very satisfied with my Kanaya shirt.
But I think either color would work fine. Hussie tends to be a bit inconsistent with the colors of things like this in HS, so I personally think that either would work fine. And it looks simply great with the rest of my cosplay.

I think if you got a girl's shirt in a larger size, it might have given you a still masculine fit. Like, a girl's XL would probably be equivalent to a men's XS or XXS, if they carried one.

Does this post make any sense or have any sort of point? I don't even know, I apologize for my babbling xD.
Ah, that's good then!! I really like the Sollux colour on the group photo but in general the colours are just kinda weird between all of the photos for the different shirts. The solo photo ones tend to be the worst though, I really don't know why they can't get better photos of them because the current ones are kinda offputting.

Yes, maybe that would have been a good idea! But then again, the womens neck is lower too so that wouldn't look all too masculine. I suppose I'm just best sticking with the mens one even if it is probably gonna be rather large on me u__u

No no it does, I understand your points and they were helpful! So thank you

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #692
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Got two Jane Crocker cosplays finished from this past weekend at MTAC / Toronto ComicCon

Check them out!

Jane Crocker
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/407088/

Trickster Jane Crocker
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/415601/

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #693
crimson001

I just finished my 3AM dress for Jade last night. I'm really proud of it. Hopefully going to take some full cosplay shots after classes.

Here's just a quick shot
Fanime 2012
Anime Expo 2012

Costumes for this year:
God Tier Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
3 In The Morning Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
Cardverse Hungary (Hetalia) - further distressing needed
Chess Hungary (Hetalia) - planning stages
Nyotalia Canada (Hetalia) - several finished
Beach Suki (Avatar) - complete
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #694
MysticRouge

Hello everyone! I have cosplayed before but this is my first time actually making my cosplay and I'm confused as to how I should go about doing this. I'll be cosplaying Genderbent!Handmaid.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...gl1rovh98.jpg/

I think I found a pattern closest to the jacket. Which is this:

http://www.joann.com/simplicity-patt...prd_11100070a/

My biggest issue is getting the zig-zag design on the front of the jacket and making the gold pieces on the shoulder and at the end of the sleeves. Any help would be very much appreciated.
MysticRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #695
ayaasan

MysticRouge: That pattern rocks, I've totally used it before

As for the zig zag pattern, I'd personally get some muslin or other cheap fabric and experiment first. (I'm a 3-d thinker, so this helps me massively.) I'd cut it literally into the zig-zag pattern with the green as the over and aqua-blue under. Then sew on the lining--it'll still have the rough/selvedge edges showing, and cover it by hand-sewing on some black bias tape. Kinda like adding trim to a corset!

As for the gold pieces, I'd totally use craft foam and use the craft foam armor tutorial. (http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/cos...helmsdeep.html) It's a relatively inexpensive medium to work with so it's not OMG! if you mess up and need to start again at around 89 cents a sheet and the end result is AMAZING It looks like the pieces are layered, so I'd hand-tack them onto the jacket with some upholstery thread and then cover the sewn tacks with the glued on top layers!~
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #696
MysticRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaasan View Post
MysticRouge: That pattern rocks, I've totally used it before

As for the zig zag pattern, I'd personally get some muslin or other cheap fabric and experiment first. (I'm a 3-d thinker, so this helps me massively.) I'd cut it literally into the zig-zag pattern with the green as the over and aqua-blue under. Then sew on the lining--it'll still have the rough/selvedge edges showing, and cover it by hand-sewing on some black bias tape. Kinda like adding trim to a corset!

As for the gold pieces, I'd totally use craft foam and use the craft foam armor tutorial. (http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/cos...helmsdeep.html) It's a relatively inexpensive medium to work with so it's not OMG! if you mess up and need to start again at around 89 cents a sheet and the end result is AMAZING It looks like the pieces are layered, so I'd hand-tack them onto the jacket with some upholstery thread and then cover the sewn tacks with the glued on top layers!~
Thank you so much. I got some old fabric lying around now. I'll try cutting that design right now.
MysticRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #697
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

Working on a Snowman cosplay:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3189990/

So I was wondering, what do you all think about wearing a black mask or just going as a human version? I had originally bought a crappy plastic mask last Halloween with the intention of painting it black and wearing it, but it doesn't fit under the hat. Thoughts?
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #698
Strawberrylawli

got my jade shirt today any tips on painting im thinking of making a sentical out of paper but i'm worried about the outline of be in black
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #699
FlamePrincess

Working on March Eridan cosplay, can't find a good skirt though, they all seem to be rather....provocative

Trickster!Roxy
Fem! sufferer
Penny Proud
Fem! Jake english
Wildberry princess

Partner Cosplays
Fionna and Cake
Breakfast Princess and Waffle Princess
Mordecai and Rigby
FlamePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #700
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamePrincess View Post
rather....provocative
Smartass version: It's March Eridan. If it doesn't look like you rolled in glue then through Hot Topic, you're doing it wrong.

Actual advice: Get the tarty skirt and wear shorts underneath? Whip out the Bedazzler and put a heart or kiss mark or something on the butt in rhinestones.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #701
indigoFirebird
im gay

Hi, everyone! I'm planning a Jake English cosplay right this second and I had a few questions.
I need to get a wig, but it has to be in by before May 11th for Zenkaikon. I was thinking about getting this one. Does anyone know if eCrater is reliable at all, or should I go to eBay? My mom doesn't really want me to go to eBay but I don't know.

Also, would it be a good idea if I made a jacket/shirt/thing that looks sort of like this, but not form-fitting and a darker shade of green?

wishlist:
kazuichi souda (sdr2)
kanji tatsumi (p4)
lucario gijinka

conventions:
zenkaikon 2012- as aph america, dave strider, gumi megpoid
animenext 2013- as spock, touko fukawa
animenext 2014- as naoto shirogane + others??
indigoFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #702
ayaasan

IndigoFirebird: I'd go with a simplicity pattern for the jacket, if you haven't already found one (http://www.simplicity.com/p-2184-boy...and-pants.aspx) It might also be easier to start thrift store shopping and if all else fails just dye the shirt the proper color

As for the wig, have you tried Arda?

http://arda-wigs.com/Jett.html

It looks pretty flat on the head, but it's got more than enough volume for those David Tennant-esque hair flips in the front if you check out the costumer gallery
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #703
Karentheknight

Okay so this post talks a bit about the update and stuff ahh. I guess??

I'm going to cosplay Tavrissprite, I'm looking at the stuff I would need to make the cosplay.
I plan on wearing white jeans or blue jeans for them, and I think I'm going to make white horns with a bit of blue touches on them?
I'm not sure, this is going to be my first sprite cosplay!
I'm thinking to use white face paint and just use a bit of blue? Not to mix the two, more like to just add blue parts to the white, like my cheeks and stuff??

For the wig I'm going to try and get a really long blue curly/wavy wig for them! But if I don't get a blue wig, would it be okay to get a long curly white wig and make blue parts on it to make it look nice?

Ahhhhh
For the shirt and Jacket I'm going to make them white and stuff and kasdaskld
Karentheknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #704
indigoFirebird
im gay

ayaasan: I was looking for one, but I hadn't found one yet, so thanks for the link Yeah, that would work too, there's a thrift store near my house so I'll have to give that one a try haha ^^

Hmm, no, I haven't!

Oh woah, that looks pretty cool. The only problem is that it's $30 and I don't have $30...I'll have to ask my parents for ten dollars haha. Oh well. I like how at the bottom of the page they have an example of someone wearing it and it's Karkat and John, hahaha

Karentheknight: I think white jeans would work, maybe with blue touches too, for Tavrisprite. Also yeah, white face paint is the way to go. All the sprite cosplays I've seen are either without face paint or with white face paint, like this one. And yeah, I think that some blue blush-stuff would be good if you want, and blue eyeliner and lipstick too.

I think that if all else fails with finding a blue wig, then a white wig with blue highlights (lowlights?) would work.

And maybe you could make the jacket blue and the shirt white or vice versa?
I dunno, I'm just spurting out random useless advice over here

wishlist:
kazuichi souda (sdr2)
kanji tatsumi (p4)
lucario gijinka

conventions:
zenkaikon 2012- as aph america, dave strider, gumi megpoid
animenext 2013- as spock, touko fukawa
animenext 2014- as naoto shirogane + others??
indigoFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #705
spookysage

I like when sprite cosplayers have white in their costumes... they typically do, but Davesprites leave it out sometimes because of Hero Mode and, well, sometimes they end up looking kind of like a cheeto. Maybe it's my inner Terezi wanting the creamsicle part of orange creamsicle to come into play...

Last edited by spookysage : 04-19-2012 at 08:41 AM.
spookysage is offline   Reply With Quote