Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 714 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #39481
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray! My sinuses unstuffed themselves. Thank god this cold is clearing up quick.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #39482
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
My elite powers of observation have identified you as NOT Volnixshin. (Shocking revelation, I know!)

But I will agree with your assessment.
Hush.

Aaaahhh I'm so tired and my mom is gonna bitch at me later for acting spoiled because I want to eat breakfast with my best friend and go to the play at my hom high school and see my other friend. I've literally been to one school play in the past four years.
SakuraxTsubasa is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #39483
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Hrm. I am torn.

A fellow in Boyfriends class did a speech on how for his particular sport he needed to lose weight as he was considered a 'heavy weight' in the sport, and explained that he ate nothing but apples for two goddamn weeks in order to fit into the bracket for his sport.(He lost 30lbs) As in, he drank water and ate solely apples for his meals.

I am extremely curious to give that a go and see what would happen, though not with solely apples as they're extremely acidic. I'd include other fruits like bananas and grapes, a human could theoretically survive solely on bananas due to the high amount of potassium and other good stuff that fills bananerz to the brim.

Boyfriend is understandably hesitant about me doing this for the obvious reason that this is pretty much a step up from starving yourself, and said that if I wanted to do this that badly I should at least include stuff like salads with chicken or almonds, and not just eat solely fruits. IE:Oatmeal at breakfast, apple/banana/grapes/whatever for lunch, salad for dinner.

While I am indeed fond of salad, I am incredibly curious to see the results of something like what his classmate managed. That and I am wondering how long I could go before I got tired of fruit.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #39484
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Drawberry, don't make me slap you. I will fly there and slap you, I swear it.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #39485
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Hrm. I am torn.

A fellow in Boyfriends class did a speech on how for his particular sport he needed to lose weight as he was considered a 'heavy weight' in the sport, and explained that he ate nothing but apples for two goddamn weeks in order to fit into the bracket for his sport.(He lost 30lbs) As in, he drank water and ate solely apples for his meals.

I am extremely curious to give that a go and see what would happen, though not with solely apples as they're extremely acidic. I'd include other fruits like bananas and grapes, a human could theoretically survive solely on bananas due to the high amount of potassium and other good stuff that fills bananerz to the brim.

Boyfriend is understandably hesitant about me doing this for the obvious reason that this is pretty much a step up from starving yourself, and said that if I wanted to do this that badly I should at least include stuff like salads with chicken or almonds, and not just eat solely fruits. IE:Oatmeal at breakfast, apple/banana/grapes/whatever for lunch, salad for dinner.

While I am indeed fond of salad, I am incredibly curious to see the results of something like what his classmate managed. That and I am wondering how long I could go before I got tired of fruit.
Eh...it sounds like something that would work for a little while, but once you stopped, it wouldn't work anymore.
That is to say, it sounds unhealthy.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

Raistlin Majere
Ninetails Gijinka
Morticia Addams (couple's cosplay)
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #39486
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I heard about it and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, just another one of the those fad diets. Also he's a football player so he's probably doing a lot more to lose the weight than just. And he probably has a far different metabolism because he's so active and eats more ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #39487
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I SEE HOW IT IS YOU GAIS.

But yes I am aware that's not a really 'good idea' kind of diet, but it is incredibly enticing. SO Uh. I guess I'll make that salad now then..?/shuffle away/
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #39488
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I really want a new tattoo, and I'd like to get my nose re-re-pierced. Last night I discovered two of my studs that had gone missing and pined for the days of twisting them around in my nostril.

Stupid NY blood donating laws.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #39489
Lithium Flower
Handphones

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #39490
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I gave blood the other week, the bleep bloop noises the machines make made me think I was in pokemon.

I'm really bored, waiting to go celebrate a friend's birthday and I'm killing time by listening to Tom Waits. Dressing like Tom Waits. And trying to act like Tom Waits.

EDIT: what the fuck parents. what. the fuck
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 03-30-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #39491
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

Raistlin Majere
Ninetails Gijinka
Morticia Addams (couple's cosplay)
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #39492
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I'm really bored, waiting to go celebrate a friend's birthday and I'm killing time by listening to Tom Waits. Dressing like Tom Waits. And trying to act like Tom Waits.
I just looked up "hipster" on Urban Dictionary and it said "see also: fullbleed".
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #39493
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Whats so hipster about Tom Waits?
Quote:
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #39494
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Everything in the dictionary says 'See Also;fullbleed', he was in the dictionary before you even knew about the dictionary. Hipster fullbleed.

I just saw this on tumblr and I am going to imagine this is what you all thought of me and my apple venture:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #39495
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
As in, he drank water and ate solely apples for his meals.
I think the proverb goes "An apple a day", not "Apples all day".

Common misconception.

That diet sounds extreme --- I remember thinking I ate too much and was having some health issues some years back, I thought that would be solved by cutting my meals a bit, and also replacing some of them with only fruits.

Welcome weakness and vertigo.

It wasn't a wise or clever idea --- as far as weight control goes, you're better served by healthy portions of good things, cutting out soda out of your life, not having that high-sugary snack so often and EXERCISING!

Not the low kind, the "high effort" kind to make your body look smashing.
Kildread is online now   Reply With Quote