Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #76
Bingutabi

I really love when I see OC cosplays! I think it makes a good conversation starter and I always like to see what people come up with. I would love to do my own one day...
Bingutabi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #77
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I finished sketching the two main characters fro my Novel. Now I don't know which one I want to cosplay, I made them both look so awesome!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #78
The_Killer_Hare
Bunny of Death

I'm going to construct a Repo Man costume from Repo the Genetic Opera. I figure it's distinct enough for people to recognize, but I can still put in my own little flourishes and it makes sense that there would be more than one Repo Man.
The_Killer_Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #79
Megumi_Ai

I might be cosplaying a Original character of mine named Jenny Here is a picture from my DA.
http://marinathepersian.deviantart.c...lery/#/d4zg91z . I think cosplaying as your own character can be fun I had too two Tsubascon conventions ago and it was really fun. Didn't get a lot of pictures taken of me, but I didn't care I had a lot of fun doing it.
With that cosplay I am cosplaying A Gijinka Oshawott or Sandile.

TsubasaCon 2012 Cosplays-
Still Choosing
1.Kyubey - Madoka Magica
2. Fluttershy- MLP

Planned

Twilight Sparkle
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Manami Tome - Madoka Magica
Sailor Moon.

Megumi_Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #80
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Since Anime Midwest is only a month away. I have zero time and hardly any money to make anything.

I've decided to go as an original character. I'm thinking Elf Princess of some sort with this dress.

http://www.newsdresses.com/mary039s-...8-p-18310.html

I own the dress already, I used it for my Quinceanera about 4 years ago and thank god it still fits. The only modification I made on this dress was an orange bow in the back to go with my color scheme at the time.

Sometimes, you have to work with what you have.

Last edited by Marbleyes : 05-29-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #81
cecenaroSed
Banned

строительств

согласен, что пост получился удачным. хорошая работа!
cecenaroSed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #82
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

In addition to cosplaying a few characters from my pieces of writing, I agreed to cosplay one of my friend's OCs for two reasons:

1) she loosely based him off of one of my favorite anime characters from a series I introduced her to.

and 2) because she made him a badass.

That's probably going to be one of my Halloween costumes now if I can find a wig.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #83
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

I would love to cosplay my really detailed characters, there is one in particular that I really want to do, I love him so much...but there is some tricky lighting so it may be a while before I get around to it
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #84
DarkChaos
SCAD Sequential Student

I'm currently working on a new OC cosplay. He should be done by time of AWA. Hopefully I'll get to go and debut him. I'm just about done with his horns! I'm hoping he will turn out as good as my last OC

Ohnah the Shadow (original character) (60% complete) (Progress currently on hold)

Up-Coming Con(s):

AWA: Might be attending.
DarkChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #85
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Recently, I've been doing original versions of stuff in addition to my re-creations - saloon girl Query from Batman, Edo gambler Setzer, Ghostbuster Kaylee. I do those mainly because they give me an excuse to design something new but still get recognized.

I do a lot of historical or fantasy-style costumes that I don't put in my gallery because they aren't terribly exciting.

And then there are the original costumes I do, perhaps loosely based on something else. This year, my project was the Fifth Inspector from Inspector Spacetime (based on an internet joke). Next year, I plan to do some sort of can-can thing but am debating on the theme of the dress. I'm also working on a 60s version of Quidditch robes. My husband is the better designer of the two of us, so he comes up with the cooler ideas - I'm working on his Captain Nemo design next year and into 2014.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #86
redsheep

I have a few OC's that I'd love to cosplay as. I have a superhero comic/story idea that I would love to cosplay someone from. On of my character's costumes is heavily inspired by Black Canary and Miss Marvel and Pris from Blade Runner, so it wouldn't be too impressive. The other would require huge bird wings and a custom styled wig. If I did cosplay on of my characters, it'd b her.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #87
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&Only

Me: I have my 1st con coming up and I'm planning on cosplaying my Oc from Young Justice
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...stice#/d4zl2qe
It might not be until the last day of the Con..or the 1st day, but I'm pretty excited. I figure if you put the work into the cosplay, then go for it

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #88
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

I haven't actually cosplayed an original character yet, but I will eventually. I think it would be fun, and I myself love seeing original cosplays. They can be so creative and interesting! (:
However I don't think that I would ever cosplay an original character at a con, because no one would know who I am cosplaying as.
But I also like the idea of designing your own original variation of a certain character (I'm actually working on some now...)
And I think if that character is known well, then it would be great to wear it at a con! ^_^
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #89
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

My originals tend to be a great hit if I make them stand out in designs. I stopped doing so a couple of years back so I'm slowly trying to get back into it
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #90
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Being a writer, I have a lot of OCs, and I'm cosplaying at least five of them.

The first one I'll do is probably going to be Death, a character from my newest story for Halloween. It's pretty easy, just a long white coat, dress pants, blue shirt, tie, my Faust VIII wig, a tophat, and a blue scarf. the only problem is I'll have to wear about a pound of makeup, since his face is all pale and bluish and discolored DX

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.