Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Samaru

Help Me Decide!

I am thinking up ideas for my next costume and am having trouble deciding between three characters. I'm looking for something that is somewhat challenging that would be suitable to eventually enter into a contest.

Yu Protagonist-Persona 4
Should be somewhat challenging with all of the top-stiching detail on the coat and pants but otherwise is a pretty straightforward uniform pattern.

Heihachi-Samurai 7
Sewing should be fairly simple but the props (goggles and sword) may be a bit of a challenge for me

Citan-Xenogears
I envision the robe as being a bit of a problem because of the applique on the sleeves and the fact that I envision a somewhat silky fabric which I've never worked with.

Right now I'm leaning towards Heihachi or Yu because I envision Citans robe being a lot of trouble to make. Other than that I really love all the characters and am having trouble deciding. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!

Samaru
Samaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Akune-chan

It might help if you provide a photo of yourself.

But anyways.

Citan: He's outfit is not that difficult as you might think. Just envision a turtleneck top with a tunic like bottom when you are making it. I heard silk comes out shiny in photos so you might want to avoid that fabric at all costs. I would use gabardine which is a mix of cotton and twili fabric. Its durable and it might come in the lime color your looking for. (If not there is always dying fabric). The pants are just regular hipi (or what I would call Hipi) pants that are stuffed into his shoe to give that puffy look at the ankle area.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/46751097...an-lycrajersey This is something like what you have to make except you just have to add a sash, sleeves and a collar to it.

Heihachi-Samurai 7: This does look pretty simple but it has a lot of layers that you might have to work with in order to get the proper look down. The goggles could be modified steampunk styled goggles and the sword could easily be made with this a cardboard tutorial that seems to be floating around here on Cosplay.com by a guy named Featherweight (I think).

Yu Protagonist-Persona 4: Nothing really to comment about here since the cross-stitching is all that you will need to do.

Personally I'd go with either Yu Protagonist (if you want simple) or with Citan =]
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Samaru

I guess a picture would be helpful, wouldn't it

Me

Thanks for the advice! Right now I'm leaning towards Yu.

Samaru
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Hehachi looks really neat, but Yu looks the most handsome and simple!
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Akatsura
Wait... what?

I'll admit, I like Citan a lot, but I think you would make a better Heihachi than you would the other characters. He's also easily recognizable and I think he would be fun to make without being overly complicated. My vote is down for Heihachi. Good luck with whichever one you pick ^,^
Tokugawa Ieyasu :+: Sengoku Basara 3 [00%]
Matsumoto Rangiku (Gender Bend) :+: Bleach [00%]
Akatsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Samaru

Thanks for the suggestions. I've decided to go with Heihachi. I'm still thinking of eventually doing the other two.

Samaru
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Kpmonkeygirl

Pick Heihachi-Samurai 7!
Kpmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
NoctisStar

Narukami Yu for sure!
NoctisStar is offline   Reply With Quote