Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #46
Kiwii Bubbles

Ohhh! This sounds really fun!
I'll do it! Cx
I'll be cosplaying Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica, Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji II, Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Mikuo Hatsune from Vocaloid. :3
Kiwii Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #47
LilVamp25
Blissly Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekeryCosplay View Post
We already have as HD camera to film with as well. My group will also be filming pretty much everyday, so we could help out with your lip dub at any time.
I love the idea of collaboration and/or help! I'll be up there everyday too, so I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in your videos! Acksonl's videos and style are also favorite of mine. What are your thoughts on multiple shoots/meet-ups vs. one big shoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissora View Post
Dude i totally want to join in on this. Do we have someone willing to direct it all and edit? I don't have any fancy stuff but i love directing and everything and making it look artsy fartsy XD
Welcome! I've been planning on doing the editing, but having somebody to direct would be great! Hey, I'd take artsy fartsy over fancy stuff anyday ^-^ What days will you be at A-Kon?

Cosplay(s): Random Fandom Girl 100%- all day, everyday
Riza Hawkeye 23%-indefinite

My deviantArt Page
My YouTube Channel
LilVamp25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #48
LilVamp25
Blissly Oblivious

For anybody who hasn't seen the changes to the original post, the deadline for the song choice is MAY 21ST! And, after the song is picked, I'll replace the list with a link to a lyric video (and maybe its own music video), so everybody can start thinking of ideas

Maybe we should start talking about what days we'll be there, so it will be easier to schedule meet-ups?

Oh, and I want to thank everybody who has signed up! Only a month away and I can't wait!!!

Cosplay(s): Random Fandom Girl 100%- all day, everyday
Riza Hawkeye 23%-indefinite

My deviantArt Page
My YouTube Channel
LilVamp25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #49
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

I'm really excited about this.. don't think I'll physically be a part of it since my cospaly might be only so-so for the video, but I can't wait to see the finished product! I was hoping someone would do it for A-Kon.

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #50
GlitchKillgasm

Can I cast a vote for Fun?
Gerard (TBP)- 0%
GlitchKillgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #51
Kawaiichibiz

Quote:
@kawaiichibiz Oh, a T2i is perfect! I have a tripod, but bringing any one of those (steadycam, dolly, tripod) would be a fantastic addition! What days will you be at A-kon?
I'll be going all three days, but right now I've decided to focus on just trying to get my camera, instead of buying any extra stuff, because that looks like it will be expensive enough as it is XD But I'm happy to help with anything!
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Feferi (Homestuck)
Kagura (Gintama)
Finn (Adventure Time)
Tumblr
Deviantart
Kawaiichibiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #52
effacent
manga junkie

Count me in please!! I'd vote for Lady Gaga, MGMT, or "We are young" by Fun. I'm voting against "Firework", but only because it has already been done at another convention and is up on youtube. (^^)
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #53
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Oh, and real quick, my song vote goes for "Haven't Had Enough" by Mariana's Trench (Or even "Shake Tramp" by them, haha.) Recently got into the band and I think that'd be a fun song to use.

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #54
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

Wouldn't it make more sense to choose a heavily popular song that EVERYONE and their mom...no matter how much you may hate the song and or artist, know the lyrics to? I pick Born This Way. It relates to cosplay very nicely. nicer than all the other songs on the list...

or we r who we r.
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #55
munchkinqueen

This sounds like fun! I wanna help! I'll be cospaying as Suiseiseki on Saturday and I'll be waering steampunk friday.
munchkinqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #56
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane No View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to choose a heavily popular song that EVERYONE and their mom...no matter how much you may hate the song and or artist, know the lyrics to? I pick Born This Way. It relates to cosplay very nicely. nicer than all the other songs on the list...

or we r who we r.
Out of those two, I would pick We R Who We R, since Born This Way has been done at least twice...

Tumblr

Unread 05-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #57
Skeletoast
(/^▽^)/

Why does picking a highly popular song matter? O.o
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #58
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoast View Post
I guess so more people know the lyrics? But if most of the people participating see this thread, then they can always look it up on youtube?

Tumblr

Unread 05-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #59
Kawaiichibiz

I'd really like to to "We are young" by fun, I said "Haven't had enough" before, and I still like that song, but I just like "We are young" a lot better. >.<
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Feferi (Homestuck)
Kagura (Gintama)
Finn (Adventure Time)
Tumblr
Deviantart
Kawaiichibiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #60
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoast View Post
*This is coming from someone who does way too much video editing for her own good.*

Having a song that people know the lyrics to will give the editor more options to play with. You want a lot of footage. Not only for variety, but in case there's a mistake during filming that you don't find out about until later, you have other material to use to take it's place. It's better to have more footage of multiple people who know the song, then only one or two people who sort-of know the lyrics.

Best of luck to you all with the project! I wish I could help out with either doing the lip-dub or filming, but I'm being pulled all over the place at A-kon this year. That and I don't know any of those songs. At all. *goes back to her sewing and watching Slayers*
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote