Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #601
rogueofheart

Hey, jumping in with the UK thread. I'm Rhi, older than your average first-timer I suspect (I'm 28) but better late than never? I live in Birmingham, though I'm originally from Wales, and currently beginning (very slow) progress on a couple of Homestuck costumes (Rose, Terezi and Nepeta primarily though I'd also like to eventually try Feferi and some dreamself costumes...yeah, new and I already have a ton of "want to dos"...now just for the making and the finding somewhere to wear them!)
rogueofheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #602
truchibirainbow

i'm truchibirainbow, from Brighton, and i'm currently working on Diable Jambe Sanji (One Piece) for May expo 2012 - any help is much appreciated! XD

Last edited by truchibirainbow : 11-04-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: responded wrong, again
truchibirainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #603
Debz

Ok, well I'm Debz. I started cosplaying 2 years ago, they've all been pretty crap so far but I'm hoping to make a good Rinoa and Refia cosplay for MCM Expo in May. Whoop.
Debz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #604
akishiko
Loli act

New person here.
I'm Akishiko and started cosplaying about 2-3 years ago. Not much done, since I only cosplay at conventions. Nice to meet you!
akishiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #605
Var Syn

New person here.

Var, am actually a fur but looking to get into cosplaying bits too
Var Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #606
Kuraberry

Hey! I'm not a new member here but I've decided to make a new account since my other one is outdated..

Erm anyways.. I'm fairly new to the UK, just moved about a month ago from Canada. I'm in Horsham atm, and planning to attend MCM in May. I love geeky things, and I'm 22~ You can all call me Kura :3 I am looking to meet new friends!

I've been cosplaying for about hmm.. 6ish years? The first couple years was the whole "I'm young I'll get mommy to help sew half my stuff" but I've grown a lot since then. Some of my past latest costumes (that I've made entirely on my own) include Roxas (organization XIII version) Jaden Yuki from Yugioh GX and a Renamon fursuit that I'd made for a friend. (I'm not a furry but the costume was loads of fun to make :33)
Won two awards at Fanexpo, but they weren't in the masters division so I am far from being a pro haha.

I'm now looking to try my hand at Lightning from FFXIII-2 with the armour because I love a challenge! (I was contemplating Anise from Tales of the Abyss because I am short! But I couldn't pass up the chance to try my hand at something new!)
Might be a bit hard though.. I don't know what all the craft and art stores are called over here! (Where do I find foam paper?! Hahaha.. oh well I have time to figure that all out ;3)

Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by Kuraberry : 01-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Kuraberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #607
gasgirl345

hi im danielle or danni or whatever u wanna call me
i live in birmingham
im 17 but im gonna be 18 in may (nooooooooooooooooooooo)
im in scouting which is amazing and i am currently studying animal managment and loving it
i got into cosplay in 2008 when my friends were doing the legandary sannin and i decided to do hinata and then it just went from there
i am currently making blackstar and maka from soul eater cosplays for this year and i hope to bring out soi fon and lutenant gin from bleach
i hope to make loads more cosplay friends and go to a load more cons/expos

so ye hi
and some bleach caracters
gasgirl345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #608
ashchimera

Hello. Ashley here, im 20 and from Northampton. been thinking about doing cosplay for a long while but just recently started. working on an Eldar farseer costume from warhammer 40K. Wanted my first costume to be from 40k but this isn't going to be my last, Oh no.
going to do more from both 40k and anime's.
ashchimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #609
GeoSnipe
Assassin

Hi, I'm Mike never been into Cosplay before, dressed up a few times as fancy dress as Altair and Ghost but never been to a convention before.

I actually work as the event manager for a LAN event organiser and I'm trying to get a Cosplay competition at the event, here's to hoping
GeoSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #610
Windswept23

Hello guys! [: I'm Becki and I will be 24 by the time I attend this years May MCM. I've been going to MCM since 2009, and have been to a couple other conventions as well.

I generally usually go down the steampunk/victoriana route when I'm at MCM, though one year I did go as Sebastien from Black Butler.

This year I'm going as Effie Trinket and Narcissa Malfoy, but I like the way that the Effie costume is going so much that I might drop out of the Narcissa one... *rubs chin*

I'm staying at the Premier Inn for all three days during the convention - so if you're sharing the hotel drop me a line and we can hang out! <3
Saturday Afternoon - Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)

Manchester MCM July 2012
Saturday - Queen of Light (Mirrormask)

London MCM October 2012
Friday - ???
Saturday - Emma Frost (Marvel)
Sunday - Effie Trinket [violet dress] (The Hunger Games)
Windswept23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #611
TheNyru
Goblin Tinker!

Hi all, thought I'd join in and introduce myself.
My name is Danny, Age 21, Live in Eastbourne (South East of England near Brighton)
Very new to cosplaying and conventions, Unfortunatly not going to be able to make it to the May MCM, so my very 1st convention will be the October MCM London still working on details like hotels and stuff but there is plenty of time haha I am working on my costume now (Should be ready by then haha)
Look forward to talking and getting to know you all and getting into the cosplaying spirit
TheNyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #612
AngelicaEve

Hey! :)
Im 16, Live in Southampton, getting ready to start cosplaying! Anyone want to meet up to make friends and cosplay together? thinking of going to May EXPO in London :D :)
AngelicaEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #613
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaEve View Post
Hey!
Im 16, Live in Southampton, getting ready to start cosplaying! Anyone want to meet up to make friends and cosplay together? thinking of going to May EXPO in London
Hi AngelicaEve, if you go to May Expo head for the cosplay desk in the Totally Cosplay Zone - there are always friendly staff and cosplayers there, a great place to start making new friends. The other thing you can do is look on the MCM forums and see if there is a cosplay group which you would like to join in. Groups are also nice places to meet new friends safely. Ask if you can do such and such character and you are off to a good start.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #614
Kiii_chan
Japanese Cowboy Hero~

Hi Everyone!

I'm Maddy, I've only just moved to the UK in the beginning of this year.. and I'm hoping to attend one of my first British cons soon I love to cosplay, but I don't really know anyone around here that has the same interests ^^ hope I can make some friends at either MCM or LAC
Kiii_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #615
TheCrazyCupcake

I'm new to cosplay and am from the midlands. I havn't cosplayed yet but hoping to get the money for my birthday and go to my first con in September.
TheCrazyCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote