Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1107 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #50806
DingDing

I am so angry about this DAMN SANDAL! I was backstitching the heal seam and I went too narrow so now the sandal doesn't fit on my foot. This would be fine it it was on the machine cause it would barely take much time to fix up.. but when you are hand sewing, and you aren't very fast THIS IS FREAKING HELL!
I am seriously gonna end up burning it!

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #50807
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Enjoyed seeing so many Coscommers at Sakura Con! c: It was a fun weekend. But gosh, I'm exhausted. And now I shall await photos from the three shoots I had. Yay!

Oh, and my Miku got on NicoNico. xD I wonder if people ever post the livestream clips, since I'd love to see the on-screen comments since I probably missed some while talking to the hosts. haha

Can't say I'm too happy with Sakura Con's panel department, though. :I Bah, oh well.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #50808
StarCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
Almost done with one of my costumes for May's event! I'm so happy, I didn't think I could keep up with the schedule but I'm managing it. Two to go!

Starcloud: The calendar doesn't work for anybody. They're a little slow updating it.

Alright thanks. Thought maybe I was missing something. Usually I get invited to cosplay events from friends that are going but I recently moved to south Florida. Until the calendar is working what would be the best way to find event near me? I know I can search online I'm just hopnig someone to point me in the right direction.
StarCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #50809
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I've been pleating since I got up this morning at 10ish and have only done two pieces of the 8" net and a piece of the 6" net (all 54" wide....so 112" total...) and aaaaahhhhhhhh I have a headaaaache.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #50810
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

One magnet sewn in place, dress in the wash, one more hook and eye, two more snaps, one more magnet, and gathering this netting and my costume will be complete! I really wish Joann's would put bolt muslin on sale again/ I really need to do mockups to be sure everything will fit right -sad face is sad-
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #50811
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I just buy bedsheets from thrift shops for my mockup fabric. Muslin is fuckin' expensive compared to a full sheet set for $5.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #50812
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

^ This is true. Hmmmm.....

Mwraaaaaa!!!!! Dress just came out of the washer (handwash cycle, cold water)....all my stars are curled up. -headdesk- Gonna let it air dry tonight and then I'm gluing all those sonsofbitches down with E6000. I knew I should have glued them in the first place -_-*
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #50813
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Made the bag part for my Rin sword bag. It took way longer than it should have though.

Cereza(my machine) was all, "You want to sew brocade with me? I don't think so!"

After about a half an hour of struggling I said screw it and I ended up sewing it by hand. Now all I need to do is make the straps and attach the snaps on and I will have my sword bag!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #50814
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm still mourning my inability to go to Anime Boston this year.
In my opinion the masquerade there is the best that I've ever been to. I've stalked a few other cons online and seen NYAF (it's been two years though) and Otakon and AB definitely wins by a long shot. I am determined to go for, like, the rest of my life.

Thus concludes my break from pleating. Sigh...pleating.
At least I just bought another box of 500 pins. Because I realized I didn't have the right color thread, either. :/
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #50815
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Man, I was so gung-ho about getting something done today, and now that I'm finally settling down I am quickly running out of energy. This happens almost every week night. D: I'm trying to push myself to just do one small thing before going to bed. I figure this project will move along faster if I can at least do a little each night (if there is time to spare), rather than just waiting to work on the weekends. Hrrmmm
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #50816
Tamouri
Sneaking into your dreams

I'm nearly done my Yoko costume! I just have to get some paint to do my boots and sculpey my hairpin thinger and I'm good to go! Now, I just have to figure out a way to get the costume past my mom...while modeling it on stage >.<
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #50817
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

I think I'm getting a strong urge to create the FFVII summon, "Knights of the Round" for Anime boston 2013 in May... ... ...

13 months to make the 13 knights. Coincidence?
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #50818
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
I see a few people have posted about Sakura Con. So it was a smashing event?
It was probably one of the best years I've ever been. <3 I was near, spoke to, shook hands with, and got things autographed by two of my own personal gods. I never thought I would ever get to meet these people in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Enjoyed seeing so many Coscommers at Sakura Con! c: It was a fun weekend. But gosh, I'm exhausted. And now I shall await photos from the three shoots I had. Yay!
It was really great meeting you and your girlfriend. <3

Did you manage to get M10M's autographs at the signing on Sunday? The line was loooong. o: I got up to the front with Haunted and they were like "Whoooaaa O.O" when I got to the table.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #50819
riotousrhythm

I'm really happy, my cosplay buddy for my next con is spending her spring break with me! Progress must be made!
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #50820
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Went to Fabricland, MOAR LACE was purchased. Tomorrow...tomorrow the pin and (hopefully machine) sewing begins anew....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
I think I'm getting a strong urge to create the FFVII summon, "Knights of the Round" for Anime boston 2013 in May... ... ...

13 months to make the 13 knights. Coincidence?
And that, comrade in costumery, would be FRIGGIN' awesome. (I loved that Materia. Especially when you had someone else with the one that copied the last spell cast, and it turned into the 26 knights of the round table making the overkill long enough that you could take a coffee break)

Somehow the only way to present that on stage, however is something distinctly out of Monty Python in my mind, so best ignore that.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote