Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1313 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #2356
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsailormoontm View Post
do you think it at all possible to add some kind of key to this? like whether it's a website or ebay account? i'm lookin for ebay sellers with good rateing and don't want to have to go through every one to figure out if it's ebay or not
That's a great idea, for sure!
Unfortunately the character limits for individual posts don't allow for that degree of detail. Admin promised us a character-free first post a couple years ago, and I'm still holding out that it will happen someday.

And we're updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #2357
argeneva

Review

Name of Commissioner: plumvs
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/34714/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Bayonetta

PICTURE URL

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/...=bayonetta.jpg

Timeline: no timeline give it...

Pros: I love Xin , very respect full and honest comissioner!!! she have a great hands to make props and very cheap price!!omg i love it!! Hope to make bussiness with her again!!
Cons: None!

Final Grade: A+
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #2358
argeneva

sd3
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #2359
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Commissioner: The Ginger 13 (DA)

Website/C.com gallery: http://the-ginger-13.deviantart.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Its a prop i guess..Its the cards from Kingdom Hearts chain of memories you use for fighting. But geared toward Marluxia. also theres 35 of them..

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2006/cards.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): about a month cuz of some delays..

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: Great....well....everything haha

Cons: cant say i have any..

Exp: shes my friend..so i knew theyd turn out great..

Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #2360
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant: FM-Anime

Item purchased (please include quantity): Organization 13 Boots from Kingdom Hearts

Links to picture(s) of your received item: None yet, ill edit next week when i have pictures from the con.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month..Not a full month even actually..About 3 weeks..

Pros: THEY ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE BACK TO YOU!!!! That was a huge plus and gained them millions of points with me. the boots themselves, fit better then i thought they would..They are made of vinyl so they are thin, but i actually prefer that cuz i get real hot in that coat..so anything to make it less hot is better!! also they have a very VERY sterdy sole on them. the kind youd see on dress shoes. i also love the ziper on the back so its more hidden then side ones for pictures AND it helps get them on lol

Cons: none. i mean, i guess some might say the whole "they are thin" thing might be a con, but like i said not for me..

Exp: A great one lol I reccommend them.

Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #2361
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 04-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #2362
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I think I should post this since my wig really impressed me the other day:

Name of Merchant: Wig Fashion
Item purchased: A long Grey wig to use for Jizabel Disraeli from Godchild
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Voila!
Timeline: I ordered it around the end of January and it came February 9th
Describe your Experience: It said it would be here between the 2nd and the 15th of February, which was good because I needed it for a con on the 18th. It came on the 9th and the first thing I noticed after taking it out of the bag was how freakin' soft it was! After wearing it to the convention, it had some snarls in it but it combed out really easily! what really impressed me though was last saturday, I was wearing the wig in a ponytail and when I took it off for the night, there was a giant snarl in it the size of...kentucky. After a good thorough combing though I got it out, but I was a little freaked out about how much hair was on the comb, afraid my wig would look Baldy now. You wouldn't have known there was every a giant tangle! My friends saw the size of the tangle and then saw it afterwards and were amazed, demanding to know where I got the wonder wig from. Needless to say, I'm definitely ordering from these guys again!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 04-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2363
Giyari
A gentleman and a scholar

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaymandy

Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Scholar (Savant's Attire) coat, pants, hat, key

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Savant%27s_Attire_Set

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ants%20Attire/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Roughly 2-3 months.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

This is the first time I commissioned something, so I was very happy with the end result.

She was very accommodating to any changed or additions I needed, sure it cost a little more, but it was worth every penny.

Communication was simply amazing, almost immediate responses to all my requests. At times I felt I was messaging her too often, but she didn't really mind.

Everything came out as I expected.

I can't wait to wear this at AX 2012.

Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Artifact Armor: 100% (retired)
Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Savant's Attire: 100%
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Black Mage Artifact Armor: 100%

Future conventions:

Anime Expo 2013

Last edited by Giyari : 04-10-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Added character reference picture.
Giyari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #2364
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant: Fantasy Sheep

Website: http://www.ebay.com/itm/220916303094... 4.m1439.l2648

Item purchased (please include quantity): The Marluxia wig in the link above

Links to picture(s) of your received item: None, I sent it back

Timeline (how long your order took to process): WAY longer then it says..

Pros: NONE!!

Cons:..well i cant say EVERYTHING so here..the seller was VERY rude to me, and did not care about needing the wig in time nore did they care that they took longer then the ad says to ship it. it says they ship ALL, and i repeat ALL, wigs out within 48 hours, but it took them about a week. then i got a tracking number..it wouldnt update..i got the number on the 6th of march, i emailed them on the 10th asking why the number wont updayte, they say, "it will, we just sent it out yesterday". if you do the math, that means they sent it out on the 9th, which is 3 DAYS AFTER THEY GAVE ME A TRACKING NUMBER!! so i dont know what that was about. but thats not something i want to encounter in the future, also i asked why it was taking so long and that im upset with their customer service and they didnt care at all. very horrible person, and i dont reccomend them to anyone..i know ill NEVER buy from them again.

EXP: wow..i think you know..

Final Grade: F-
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #2365
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Name of Merchant: arda-wigs
Item purchased (please include quantity): Magnum XL in gray
Links to picture(s) of your received item: None, will update soon.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid on March 31st and received on April 9th.

PROS:

-I had a few questions concerning combined shipping with another wig and they answered promptly and very kindly. Excellent communication.
-The wig's color is true to the color on the website's color chart.
-The cap is nice and large and fits my boyfriend's head perfectly!

CONS:

-Their shipping is rather slow, but that's not really their fault. They ship by First Class, which is cheap but also slow, so unless you e-mail them for a faster option and tell them you need a wig by x date, I wouldn't count on the wig arriving quickly.
-The wig fibers seem slightly stiff/coarse or something? Not a big deal, can be remedied with some motions sheen spray.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #2366
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #2367
sunnydale_pet

Name of Commissioner: AngelicKey
Item Purchased: "Tangled" Rapunzel braided wig
Timeline:Paid in January, received in April (by due date)
Link to finished item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3188656/
Describe your experience:

I have nothing but good things to say about AngelicKey. She was very good at getting details from me to make sure the wig was to my specifications, and her price was very reasonable for the item. She was also a very good communicator, letting me know the progress of the wig. I received my wig by my due date, and am very happy with the end result. I look forward to wearing it, and would be willing to commission wigs from her in the future.

sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #2368
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Name of Commissioner: Moemall
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.moemall.com/ or http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MoeMall-Cosplay-and-Hobby-Shop
Character commissioned and series/video game: Wig for Toshizo Hijikata and Hajime Saitou from Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Hijikata (after cutting and styling the bangs) and Saitou.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Placed order on 8th March, received 27th March.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I ordered through their site, not eBay. I had no problems with the order and it arrived safely. Although I was surprised the package wasn't a cardboard box, like stuff usually are shipped in, but just wrapped in this.. black-ish grey plastic. Oh well, no harm done because the wigs weren't damaged in any way. Both wigs looks pretty much like the picture to me, the fibers feel nice and the wigs aren't thin or anything. I can't really point out any cons and I will be ordering from them in the future too.
Final Grade: A

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 10-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #2369
loz64

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay One
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Aqua from KH:BBS; Garnet's jumpsuit + shoes from FF9
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None yet
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Three months
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Overview: I had ordered my first costume from Cosplay One in the past and it worked out quite well, so I decided to go with them again for my next costumes.

Pros: The price for both costumes was reasonable and all email inquiries were answered within 2 days. I did not set a deadline, but hoped it would come in time for T-Mode. Fortunately the costumes did arrive in time. I did receive progress photos even though they were small. For the most part the costumes are well made and fit me. I liked the shoes they made for my Garnet costume. Both costumes are comfortable to wear. I also got a free t-shirt!

Cons: I had some issues with some details of the costumes. There is Velcro everywhere on my Aqua costume, so as a result the "hook" sides get caught on and tear up the delicate fabric. I really wish they had used snaps like in my last costume. The gloves for Aqua's costume are shaped like a cut-off mitten, which is not at all like the reference, and the gloves for Garnet's costume look like they were made for someone with huge palms and incredibly short thumbs. The laces for both costumes are nylon string with the ends burned off which looks terrible, so I'll have to replace them on my own dime. The tailor(s) for Cosplay One seemed to have ignored my smaller-than-average bust measurement and made the top parts of both costumes for a "fuller" figure, so I had to get a friend to alter them for me. Finally, when I looked at the progress pic for the Garnet costume, I noticed that the straps on the jumpsuit appeared to be too long. I requested that they be shortened, but this request was ignored. I am hoping that my measurements were not approximated to a dress size because I took the time to send them my exact measurements and I paid for custom-fit costumes.

Final Grade: I like Cosplay One and was mostly satisfied with my costumes because they fit me well (except for the bust part) and were sent in a reasonable amount of time. However, I am hesitant to order from them again because a key part of my measurements were ignored and the Velcro and nylon strings brought down the quality of my outfits. I give Cosplay One a B+.
loz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #2370
cgn

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay FU

Website/C.com gallery: c o s p l a y f u .com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Full costume for Hakurei Reimu from touhou project (Touhouvania version).

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Pretty much everything shown here. c o s p l a y f u .com/b/Reimu-Cosplay-(Koumajou-Densetsu)-from-Touhou-Project.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered on 29th March, shipped on 12th April.

Pros:
Communication was great, fast response to transaction and questions. Costume quality was awesome, as shown in the image. Price was better than ones usually seen (those are 130~200? something like that). Came within 5 days.

Cons
The detail on the sleeves weren't as accurate as the original (reference image) http://www.sabuyjaishop.com/shop/eri...8720111717.jpg
The chains in front of the dress weren't included, which could of been stated on the website.

Final Grade: A
cgn is offline   Reply With Quote