Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #181
teh chiriness
The Gatekeeper

I worked at Disney for 5 years and I never saw anyone do a full on cosplay other than during Mickey's Halloween Treat. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing people come in doing cosplay because it would definitely have made my days more interesting and fun lol! XD However, it is risky to cosplay at Disney in the first place since food is everywhere and gum and... augh... I wouldn't want to risk my costume getting all dirty there. That's just me though. ^^;

On occasion however, I would see some girls decked in lolita (both American and Japanese) during normal seasons at the park.

If anything though, cosplay is probably more allowed outside of the parks than inside like if you were to just be hanging around DTD. The screener cast members (under the green tents) can be strict sometimes depending on who you get. My step dad still works as a screener so he tells me the stories lol. XD

Also, I guess if you manage to get past the screeners and into the park, you might get that one grumpy cast member who sees you and thinks that cosplaying in the park is wrong and they'll call security on you. I swear those are the cast members who have been working there waaaay to long and have nothing better do to. DX With all that said, I would probably just cosplay during the 'Treat' days. It's really fun! =)
teh chiriness is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #182
Moscow121
~:[:Polyushko polye:]:~

Would it be okay to dress Christmas-y for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party since it's a Special Event? o: I would love to get some pictures there with the snow on Main Street and the lit-up Cinderella's Castle.
Moscow121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #183
Cynthia

As a twice over former Cast Member at both Land and World, the policy was:

1) Kids can dress up, but Adults can't. (So for those of you talking about kids being in costume this is why.)

2) They don't allow this for the reasons other have stated. If someone is mistaken for possibly being a cast member or face character at a park, and they're not, then it ruins "the experience."

3) Gate Operations will turn away anyone who comes up in what THEY perceive as a costume. This is why if you're in something that can be construed as casual fashion, you can get in--same thing for those in Lolita attire. (They will also turn you away if you're wearing gang colors.)

4) Exceptions to this rule are specifically concerning Halloween and the Halloween Parties they hold. (As holidays are an exception for most people.) For Disneyland, Bat's Day (the annual goth invasion of the park) would be another exception. DisneyWorld used to have "Gay Days" (sanctioned LGBT convention/event at Disney), but I don't know if that's still going on. Guys dressed pretty flamboyant and crazy for that as well.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #184
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
As a twice over former Cast Member at both Land and World, the policy was:

1) Kids can dress up, but Adults can't. (So for those of you talking about kids being in costume this is why.)

2) They don't allow this for the reasons other have stated. If someone is mistaken for possibly being a cast member or face character at a park, and they're not, then it ruins "the experience."

3) Gate Operations will turn away anyone who comes up in what THEY perceive as a costume. This is why if you're in something that can be construed as casual fashion, you can get in--same thing for those in Lolita attire. (They will also turn you away if you're wearing gang colors.)

4) Exceptions to this rule are specifically concerning Halloween and the Halloween Parties they hold. (As holidays are an exception for most people.) For Disneyland, Bat's Day (the annual goth invasion of the park) would be another exception. DisneyWorld used to have "Gay Days" (sanctioned LGBT convention/event at Disney), but I don't know if that's still going on. Guys dressed pretty flamboyant and crazy for that as well.

I thought "gay days" were run by outside sources. There was a huge thing with the republican party, and Disney and how "Disney is a neutral party" I assumed the Bat days are similar...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #185
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

I walk into ElecTRONica just fine with my tron suit lit up. I even park hopped with it lit up.

They will make you leave if the following happens: If a line appears of people wanting a picture with you. If you dress like the cast members. If they notice a lot of people talking about you as if you are a cast member. If your face is covered or hidden in anyway.

On Halloween they are more relaxed about it. If you want to be a Disney character for Halloween, it has to be a Disney licensed product. Which they made differently from the character cast members that work at the park.

Only reason I haven't been kicked out is everything I typed out above. The cast members at ElecTRONica only wear reflective tape while I wear EL wire.
I wore my Tron suit 3 times to the park.
Only got a warning once because my friends were loud, and just being wwwaayyy to drunk. But nothing about my outfit.

I was informed that they done away with bats day..??? Not sure if it's true. Sad if it is!

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #186
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

So if I dressed as Sweeney (without the razors), they would let me in the park right? Since I'm basically wearing really normal clothing.. Just a random question. xD Sorry to derail the thread a bit

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #187
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

From what I've read it just seems like too much of a risk to do a big name park like Disney or Universal. I wonder if Six Flags, Kings Dominion, or Busch Gardens would be just as ify. But I think if you are going to cosplay at a park, go somewhere small like Putt-Putt, Adventure Landing, and other mini golf kids parks. Its probably safer.
pc_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #188
Lotte000

Not to continue beating a dead horse or anything, but I just wanted to clarify some things-

If you have questions about costuming policies, check the Disney website. They have all the info you need.

That being said, if you REALLY need to wear a costume into the park, be smart about it. Don't go too crazy because chances are, you won't be allowed into the park.

WIGS- They can't tell you to take a wig off. A LOT of people wear wigs for reasons other than costuming. But again, use COMMON SENSE. Don't go in with a bright, costumey wig because they might just tell you to go home.

AND GOTHS. Goth isn't a costume. They will not turn away someone who's goth, tattooed or pierced. I am all of the above, and I go to Disneyland at least once a week. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU TO GO HOME. The ONLY reason they MIGHT turn a goth away is if you're wearing something that could be confused with the Maids\Butlers from Haunted Mansion, OR you're wearing something vulgar or shows too much sking [excessive cleavage, too short clothes etc]. All of those rules go for EVERYONE, NOT just goths.

In closing, I leave you with two words- BE SMART. And don't get your feelings hurt or get angry or upset if they tell you to change or take certain items of clothing off. It is in the rules that NO costumes are allowed, and we deliberately want to brake them for photo-ops of just plain fun. It's in their right to tell you to go home or change.

[\rant]
Lotte000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #189
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I don't know if this has already been asked, but...

What about Legoland?

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote