Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Unread 10-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
KoreanHolic

Visual Kei

Lately, I've been really interested in VK and was thinking I should get some VK styled clothes.
Can anyone recommend me some good places to get some online?
And preferably, nothing too expensive that'll make my wallet cry
Thank you!

Last edited by KoreanHolic : 10-22-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Unread 10-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
Tabby-chan
Aka: Natsuno Yuuki

ebay? lol cant say they will be 100% VK but you might find something you like
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
TwistTie Klepto
Registered Ninja

A lot of "visual kei" stuff (like from Japanese designer h.naoto) is super expensive. >_<
But I think there are ways to get the look for cheaper just by putting things together in interesting ways.

The real key is to combine things in unusual ways and to accessorize.

But really I think the prices are reasonable for those sorts of things. Like if you were to try to make something like that, the fabric and materials alone would be that expensive, let alone the time and difficulty.

Last edited by TwistTie Klepto : 01-12-2014 at 02:55 PM.
TwistTie Klepto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Cholubee

I'm the same way! I've looked on ebay A LOT. I haven't bought anything, but if you're up for buying stuff online I'd say ebay is your best friend.
Although you can always start checking out some of those "funky" clothing stores which are usually downtown in a city somewhere. You may be able to find some cool stuff there.
You can also try adding stuff to some clothes you find. Alter it until it's VK enough for ya ;3
Cholubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Kori_ography

I mostly make my own VK stuff... Oh my... Let's see how much help I can be...

Although, I've been able to make outfits out of things I already have. I also pull inspiration from J-Rockers as well. It gives me better ideas about what works and what doesn't. Thrifting is good and altering is fun as well.

I sometimes shop on YesStyle too. I got my extra long cardigan from there really cheap. I've never come across anything really VK there but I look around and see what I can work with.

Livejournal sales posts are the best too! I bought a SEXPOT ReVeNgE shirt from someone on there for only $5. Which says a lot because SPR is really expensive. Hot Topic is a good place too but I've noticed that they are selling less and less "goth" stuff lately. I have to look online though, since I haven't for a while.

For accessories, I make my own for the most part. The only times I buy jewelry is if it's on sale. Things that can be used in Steampunk jewelry make for amazing VK accessories and Steampunk stuff is getting pretty cheap since it's getting popular.

Just play around with things. Alter things, hunt for things, and just have fun with it.

RadCon 2012: Cosplaying as Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)

SakuraCon 2012: Cosplaying as Syo Kurusu (Uta no Prince-sama), Duke Venomaina Gakupo (Vocaloid), Tsubasa Amaha (Starry Sky~In Winter), and Ruki [The Suicide Circus PV] (the GazettE)

Anime Expo 2012: Cosplaying as Kotetsu T. Kaburagi (Tiger and Bunny), Ruki [The Suicide Circus PV] (the GazettE), Duke Venomania Gakupo (Vocaloid), Howl (Howl's Moving Castle), and Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
Kori_ography is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Miazaki

confused

what style of cosplay is the pirate looking suit.. i really want one but i dont know waht its called
Miazaki is offline   Reply With Quote