Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1047 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #11311
LKD
Is a princess!!

D;

I've been searching to no avail for fabric for historical Ariel.

Had anyone have seen any online?

Im kinda set on having to dye to get that color. What fabrics are dyeable? That would work for her obviously XD

..yes I copy and pasted from tumblr XD all tiired..huuushiies xD

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #11312
Seifer-sama

@ Ryogatsu: Holy cow! That's an awesome Shan-Yu! I love that fur, where did you get it??

@ ardhri: I usually just buy my spandex by the yard at SpandexWorld.com.

@ TopHatDown: Off the top of my head I don't know exactly what that dress looks like, but if it's Belle, you might want to go with a dull satin. I think I remember her having a half coat which i think might be pretty in a suede if you want to have multiple fabrics.

Cosplay Update: I got some embroidery done this weekend surprisingly. :P I am a little more than halfway finished with the second to last panel on my Rapunzel skirt. It's so exciting. I hope everyone else is making good progress.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #11313
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kitacon was AWESOME!!! I'm now caught up on sleep thankfully, and a friend found my Mother Knows Best skit on youtube!!! So here the link for y'all to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48boI...4eFUAAAAAAAAAA

Meg and Gothel got an amazing response so I'm super happy about that! Our Tangled photoshoot can be found in this folder, there's also some meg photos in there too i think:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1256133&type=3

Now to get Vidia and Kida done for next month!!
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #11314
Limeyaku
First-Mate

HOLY CRAP FURIE! YOU LOOK AMAZING!

And I watched the skit and have to say, YOU NAILED IT! Your hand motions, movements across the stage, everything, so perfectly Gothel! Wonderful job!!!

Here's a couple better shots of where my embroidery is standing for a while while I work on some other stuff for a May convention ( one which should be nearing completion right now and I haven't even started...oh lord... @_@ )

Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #11315
Aurora's Heart

Lime- Love your embroidery.

Furie- Loved the skit.

Seifer- YAY!

Progress is that i'm at about 80% done with this costume. Of course I'm saying about 10% of that is embroidery that won't get competly done for this weekend. Oh well. So, I discovered I needed to tweek my original thought for the corset and underbodice if I want them screen accurate. The pink lace goes on the bottom of the underbodice, not the corset. Not a huge tweek, but I may have to add some lace to it. Thankfully I have the peice I used to test so I'm pretty sure I have enough pink lace. Basically the hem on the neckline and hem are what's left for the underbodice. The corset is done minus the eyelets and some edge embroidery. The skirt needs to be hemmed and a waist band added. The slip needs a hem and waist band as well. Then basically my dress is done.

The wig is pure evil I must say. It took the movies title litteraly and one side is still a tangled mess. Thankfully I am talking about the extra wig I bought for wefts, sadly I had to get three more and had to wrestle them out of the wig. No joke. I managed to get them added to the wig and the wig glued down to the cotton tubes. However there are so many holes I'm scared I can't cover them all up with the flowers. Not to mention my small braid was only long enough for half the wig. I think it will be o.k., but I'm still sad it didn't turn out as beautiful as everyone elses Rapunzel braids. I added links to the progress pics and you guys can see for yourself what I'm talking about.

Pink lace on bodice
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171037.jpg

Sleeve embroidery. Will mirror this on the other side, but might not get any furthar
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171036.jpg

Edge embroidery detail
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171035.jpg

Corset and underbodice progress
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171034.jpg

Wig/braid
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171030.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171031.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171032.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/P4171033.jpg
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #11316
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Lime- THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!! I'm loving your skirt progress too!!!

Aurora- love your progress too especially the braid!!

Soooo.. I'm a maniac I swear, me and my punzie have decided that she's going to alter her Rapunzel bodice and fix it up and I'm going to make a Flynn costume to go with her punzie for an event thats in September! hahahaha! My god... I'm going through all the characters at this rate! I'm looking forward to the prospect of me being Flynn, just because the thought of me with a goatee makes me giggle so much!
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #11317
WonderlandAlice

Does anyone else wonder what the true braiding technique of Rapunzel's braid actually is? Because in the film the children are shown starting off with just the single braid but for it to be braided as a single it would still be far too long. Something else had to be done with additional braiding, which I can't find a good screencap of the final full length braided product, to keep that 70 feet of hair at ankle length. Has anyone spent the time to try to figure out how the braid is really potrayed in the film?
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #11318
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Furie, methinks you might have a future as an actress.
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #11319
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Wonderland- i've always wondered that also, but always end up clueless

kojiro- aww thanks!
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #11320
Pezzidge
Pidge

Wonder, as a cosmetology student, I am going to tell you that it won't match up. Animation magic, is what it is. The little girls are indeed braiding one larger french-braid variation, but like you said, it would not be ankle length. Best I can tell you is that it is realistic enough to apply to real life and expect the same results as the movie.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #11321
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Even though it shows them only braiding single pieces, I've always imagined they folded the length upward and then braided the folded chunks... it's the only way that would make sense to me. But they'd have had to have tied the folded part together at the top of each of the 3 chunks, like 3 separate ponytail type things...WHO KNOWS!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #11322
Aurora's Heart

Lime- That's kinda how I imagined it too.

Furie- Thanks. Took me awhile to come around to the braid, but I'm really loving it now.

This will be my last progress update before I leave for con tomorrow. The eyelets are in my corset and the slip has been hemed. Everything else will come together at the hotel tomorrow. This year I can't say I procrastinated. YAY!!!!! As for my wig.........it has flowers!!! Lots of lovely flowers I just finished hot gluing on. Still freaked about there being glue on the wig and it being all permanent, but I'll get over it. I almost cried halfway through because the hair is so beautiful and I had to add hot glue to it. Made it through that, and I love the way it looks. Here's a sneak peak and I'll have completed pics after con.

Unread 04-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #11323
Callesto
C'MON SON

Aurora's Heart - It's so gorgeous! I really love how the colors of the flowers & hair compliment each other so well - I look forward to seeing it on you!

D23 Expo 2013: Merida, Disneyland dress w/ cape (Brave); Merida, 2D Version (Brave); Tinkerbell

Callesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #11324
PetiteAltesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzidge View Post
I am amazed at myself for not having found this thread before. I absolutely ADORE disney cosplay, but have only really done one so far myself. I have a few of Ariel's Magic Kingdom Dresses in progress, but I think my favorite will always be the Drizella and Anastasia dresses I made for my friend and I:

There are two different Anastasia cosplayers there, and I made dresses for both (the differences is in the sleeveband color).

..so what do you think?
I know I'm super late on this one (I'm slowly catching up), but wow! You made these? That's amazing. I saw them in a Dragon*Con video a while back. I fangirled a little bit when I saw you two. I absolutely love it when people cosplay as the Tremaine sisters. Wonderful job!

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 04-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #11325
Chize0

Howdy! I was wondering if yall could give me some friendly advice on how to improve my Kiss the Girl! Ariel cosplay. Please : ]

I feel the wig needs a lot more volume all around, and the bangs need to be a lot more 3D. I bought it from Arda Wigs, and it's really beautiful, but it tangles really badly. It came super curly, and I wanted a more straight wig, so I straightened it with hot water technique and a low-heat straight iron (the wig is heat resistant). Any advice on how to give it some life would be welcome. I think i'm definitely gonna put a curl or wave in it in teh future.

Also, I have since bought some one inch black heels that are super cute for the dress and I'm planning on making the shirt as well. I also plan on making a much better BIGGER bow for her hair, mine was hastily done and sadly fell into the sea : [

Lastly, makeup advice is really appreciated. I have since become much better at it, but I still don't know how to get that awesome look that the girls at Disney World have.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you : ]
Kiss the Girl! Ariel [The Little Mermaid] 100%

Conventions
A-Kon [June 2012]
Chize0 is offline   Reply With Quote