Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Cosplay Tea Party

As in the beverage, not the political organization.

I would like to have a casual, social get together either Thursday or Friday evening for cosplayers to have light snacks, tea/juice/etc, and conversation.

If anyone is interested, please let me know below, whether you can provide snacks or beverages, and if so, what you can bring.

I can provide iced tea packets, sweetener (probably Splenda or Truvia), and cookies.

The only two things I ask are 1) that you are in cosplay, and 2) that any beverages have lids if at all possible to prevent spilling. (You might be the most careful person in the world, but accidents happen.)
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

As I said over at A-kon's forums, I will try to be there for sure and will bring homemade chocolate chip brownies (yeah, chocolate overload!) and see if I can't drag along some of my cosplaying friends since Friday we will be in our Yokai costumes. We aren't doing any kind of cosplaying Thursday night since we will be arriving at the hotel after an 8 hour drive.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
AshofRebirth

Wow, that would be awesome! How about Thursday? It would be a perfect thing for Thursday, since it's really not busy/not many panels will be going on like Friday would..

I could definitely bring something. I'm not sure on what though, but it'll probably be some kind of dessert

Question though: Do we /have/ to be in full cosplay? I was planning on wearing my Airship group's T-shirt, and maybe some other Steam-accessories, but I'm not sure if I want to do a full-cosplay Thursday ^^;

And I'd be a little worried about staining my cosplay before the "main days" even started haha

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!

Last edited by AshofRebirth : 04-13-2012 at 04:20 PM.
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
B.O.M.
Bank of Mom

We'd love to take part but our only plans for Thursday is taking the DART down to pick up our passes. I'd have to see what's on schedule for Friday evening. I'm pretty sure we can bring some kind of goodies.

Kayle (IntoxicatedPeng) - Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji), Yuki Onna (Nurarihyon no Mago), 8th Doctor (Doctor Who), Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater), Lucy (Fairy Tail) - Also attending Gallifrey One 25
Mara - Lulu (FFX), adult Nel (Bleach), Hagoromo Gitsune (Nurarihyon no Mago) WITH Baby Moogle, Trystan
Me - Mary Poppins, The Woman (Doctor Who, The End of Time), Sibylline Sisterhood (Doctor Who)

Photos
DA
Blog
B.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Ack, I didn't realize there had been replies!

@Mehdia: this was mostly to catch the people not already on the A-Kon forums. No worries.

@Kitty: I'm leaning towards Friday, and let me explain why. Most people are arriving on Thursday evening and will end up spending the night getting their badge, eating dinner, getting settled in the hotel, etc--and some won't even arrive until Friday morning. I myself won't be arriving until late Thursday due to having to work all day--and a 10pm tea party isn't, forgive the pun, my cup of tea. The idea is to hold it during a 'down time', when there aren't many panels and just before the concert/dance. I can't really set a firm time until the schedules come out anyway since I want to try and avoid as much scheduling conflict as possible. We'll see--nothing is set yet. As for 'full' or 'partial' cosplay, it really doesn't matter to me--as long as you're in some sort of cosplay, that is fine. I'm not going to be the fashion police, honestly.

@BOM That would be great. My plans for Thursday are BUSY BUSY BUSY because I have to 1) be at work all day as normal 2) pick up my panelist badge 3) visit the guys in the press office 4) check into the hotel and unpack and 4) start taking footage and doing interviews for our podcast. This convention is going to be very very packed for me.
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@Celyddon: I figured as much, but thought I would add my two cents^^ And as a side note, it will be cool to get to meet you at A-kon since we've somewhat conversed through A-kon's forums and all^__^
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
DarlinDahlia

I would love to join in on this although Friday would be better due to me working Thursday but I can bring something not sure what lol will have to make a trip to the store
DarlinDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

I will be there for sure, and I'll be more than happy to bring Arizona ice tea, the small cans.

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #9
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
Ack, I didn't realize there had been replies!
@Kitty: I'm leaning towards Friday, and let me explain why. Most people are arriving on Thursday evening and will end up spending the night getting their badge, eating dinner, getting settled in the hotel, etc--and some won't even arrive until Friday morning. I myself won't be arriving until late Thursday due to having to work all day--and a 10pm tea party isn't, forgive the pun, my cup of tea. The idea is to hold it during a 'down time', when there aren't many panels and just before the concert/dance. I can't really set a firm time until the schedules come out anyway since I want to try and avoid as much scheduling conflict as possible. We'll see--nothing is set yet. As for 'full' or 'partial' cosplay, it really doesn't matter to me--as long as you're in some sort of cosplay, that is fine. I'm not going to be the fashion police, honestly.
Aah, alright! The only reason I say Thursday is because my group will be arriving pretty early ^^ I didn't realize that wouldn't be the case for everyone haha. If it's a down-time on Friday that I'll be able to go to, I'll come! But Friday so far will be my Steampunk day, and I know the gathering will be starting at 7

Unread 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Yep. I'm awaiting the schedule anxiously for a few reasons, but this is one of them.
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
potatoplanet
Resident Fashionista

I can go if it's not too early. I have class in the morning but I'm done at lunch. The afternoon would work best for me! If the schedule works out, then I can bring a little cake or something
A-kon 2014
Animefest 2014

"It's a Giant Mushroom...MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!"
potatoplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

@potato--This won't be early for sure. There is too much going on for this to be held earlier in the day; I'd never mesh with anyone's schedule. My target goal is somewhere between 5-9pm as more of a wind-down and relax thing after a hectic convention day.
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

As posted on the A-Kon forums:

Okay. After having gathered some information, my tentative proposal is Friday from 7-8pm. The reasoning is that 1) there's a sweet spot during that time due to Opening Ceremonies, and 2) it's when people will be taking a break for the day, so the hotel/CC should be less crowded.

I would like to meet on the second floor of the Convention Center (the floor with the dealer's room, exhibits, artist alley, etc) near where the couches are (the ones right next to the escalators). Then we can move as necessary. I don't want to ask you guys to climb a bunch of stairs in cosplay if I don't have to. There is that little alcove around the far side of the Dealer's Room that I have my eye on, assuming it's not occupied with something else.
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
AshofRebirth

Yeah, won't be able to go Steampunk ball starts at 7!

Unread 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
4eyedlunatic
That Crazy Ginger

Oh this sounds awesome. My friend and I actually were talking about doing this and we were saying we could bring something to heat up water. Do you know if they allow us to set that up in the lobby though?
4eyedlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote