Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
g00dapple

Additional Exercise?

I do private pilates sessions twice a week but I know this isn't enough. I have bad knees, so running is not really an option for me right now and I don't have access to gym equipment. Does anyone know good some exercises I can do when I'm not doing pilates?

I am currently 150 pounds, my ideal weight would be 130-135 pounds. I currently eat between 1500-1800 calories a day. (According to my BMR, I should be eating 2063)

2014 convention list we will be photographing coming soon!
g00dapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Lilly.of.Dreams
Lilly

You should try alot of dead weight lifiting. What this means is lifting your own body weight. An example would be like a chin up (since your knees are bad).

Believe it or not but the fastest way to loose weight is to gain muscle. The more muscle cells in your body, the more energy is required to maintain these cells. Thus increasing your over all metabolism. Once that happens, and you keep your calorie intake to a healthy minimum the muscle cells will begin to burn the fat off naturally.

I believe in this case this approach would be best since you don't want to run because of your knees. Regardless, any exercize that gets your heart rate up high for an extended period of time will burn fat.

Take caution though, the first few pounds will drop fast but as time goes on it will be harder to loose. It's just how the body reacts. It's healthy at this point to loose a pound a week, even if it seems discouraging.

Stay in high sperits and keep working towards your goal!
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
areksu

i think you mean calisthenics... push ups, chin ups, sit ups, lunges, etc. exercises without weights.

dead lifting is weight lifting without inertia. you can dead lift pull up, but that basically means you hang completely still first and dont move your legs (i.e. kicking up to cheat it). or like a squat that starts with the weights on the ground.
areksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

You can get some dumbbell weights at wal-mart fairly cheap. There are a lot of exercises you can do with them, flys, presses and curls. Even squats and lunges if your knees are up to it. And they don't take up much room. Hope this helps.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

yeah like Overbeck said, some dumbbells. You can get one of those pullup bars which rest on your door frame.

photo portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote