Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
Amanita

cosplaysupplies.com?

Has anyone here used cosplaysupplies.com before? If so, how was your experience?

I've only ordered once- I ordered some Ben Nye cake makeup and a silver lipstick.
First of all, despite the order being placed weeks early, the stuff didn't arrive in time to take on my trip to NYC. I only got a shipping notice a few days before I left town, and the stuff didn't show up. I was left in NYC scrambling to find replacement makeup, thank the Gods for Ricky's of NYC, one of the wildest drugstores in existence.
While I was away, the stuff arrived, but only part of it. The lipstick was out of stock, and I had an email saying that they would ship it when it came in. So I didn't even have complete makeup for the convention, almost two weeks after my return from NYC. In fact, I've never gotten my lipstick at all!

Was my bad experience a fluke, an order that just got lost in the shuffle? Should I give them another chance, as they have some other things I could use for an upcoming project?
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

I've always had great experiences with www.cosplaysupplies.com .

What I like best about them is they are very helpful in finding you an alternative if something is out of stock with their suppliers.

Since many of the American companies they deal with drop ship, I'm guessing that Ben Nye notified cosplay supplies that the item was in stock and ready to go but then delayed shipping at their end.

When I worked a similar business this transpired from time to time and it was completely out of our control.

They are also completely transparent and try to flag all items that their suppliers are out of as to not make their shoppers wait. I know however from experience that sometimes the industry suppliers are not forthcoming about their stock levels. This is problematic for everyone. *Sigh*

I recommend cosplaysupplies frequently because of the good experience I've had with them over the years. They are friendly and are willing to communicate in regards to any questions or needs you might have in relation to their product.

I always try to contact them for an estimated shipping delivery date before I order. I do this with all my online shopping. They are very forthcoming with honest, helpful answers.

I'm sorry to hear you had an unfortunate experience. Best wishes for future good experiences.

Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Wenora
The Musical Mage

I always buy my wonderflex and wigs from them. Only one time that they have my wig in back order and had to wait 2 more weeks for it. I gave them another chance after that and so far no problems. They quickly reply back whenever I ask for an update on my order which was really awesome compared to other online stores.

Blog: http://wenora.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wenor...57531264268612
DA: http://prishe2win.deviantart.com/
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote