Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Zooombini

Losing Weight After Surgery

I JUST had my wisdom teeth removed today and I was just wondering if I should give myself a break from eating a certain amount of healthy and unhealthy food. I feel like it would be best for healing purposes to eat more but I wanted your guys' opinion.

P.S. I know that I definitely will not be exercising till maybe Monday or Tuesday for healing purposes.
Zooombini is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Miss-Kagamine

Pfft no, just because you had your wisdom teeth removed doesn't mean you should stop eating certain healthy foods. Well obviously apples and other solid foods but you can live on soup for a Few days and yoghurt that's good too. I had my wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago and it didn't stop me doing anything.( except singing) you don't need to laze around for 'healing purposes' you can exercise. just drink lots of water as you will probably be using some strong pain killers.
Miss-Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
RainingEri

I dunno about you, but the painkillers I took when I had my wisdom teeth out KNOCKED ME OUT. I couldn't move for days after having those teeth out.

But, yeah, there are a lot of healthy soup choices out there now, and if you can make your own, even better!
RainingEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Zooombini

I know I will be eating soup and all fruit smoothies instead of ice cream and junk like that, I just wanted to know if you guys thought it was okay if I ate more food than I normally would.
Zooombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
RainingEri

I dunno about how much calories-in effects the rate of healing, but I know SLEEP is a great healer.

Based on a google search there are some people who think that protein is a good thing to eat for healing, but I wasn't able to find anything definite, so that may be something for you to look into yourself.
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Miss-Kagamine

heh I don't know I took 4 types of different medication, it didn't knock me out but I was quite sleepy and out of it.
Just exercising in little steps( like a 5-10 minute walk) will get you feeling alert and not so sleepy. But it all depends really on how well your body can manage the pain killers. I don't think you need to eat anything specifically for healing, it usually heals pretty quickly probably will be fully healed in a week if it wasn't that bad. Hopefully it heals quickly (:
Miss-Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
RainingEri

Same. I was out of it for maybe five days, but then I was up and moving (although that may also depend on your own personal motivation. I did NOT want to be in the house anymore, so, oh, look at that, I felt better! Let me out!)
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Wisdom teeth removal is easy peasy surgery. So long as you don't eat solid food too soon and follow doctor's orders you will heal fine. A few days of rest will not destroy your fitness routine
youtu be channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote