Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #616
rUssia_waS_C1
kitty-ryuu

Alright, so this is my first attempt at cosplaying anyone not from Naruto or Hetalia, so I'd really like some opinions please.

First, I'm going as B to school and then a warped and twice as bloody B for Halloween evening.

I purchased this wig

---> http://cgi.ebay.com/Death-note-L-Cos...em3f0c12 2630

And i'm using this amazing cosplay

---> http://redustrial-ruin.deviantart.co...59675#/d36hob0

by Reindustrial-Ruin as my inspiration. So are there any pointers for just beginning Death Note cosplayers that you can share? Any help is greatly appreciated)

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #617
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Are you getting red contacts as well? I find they really do help the character. Maybe if we can see a pic of you all in cosplay it would help. But great choice. B is so underloved.
Unread 09-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #618
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Ah man, I'm making wings for Ryuk and I was planning on wearing them to my next con but now I've got a class on Saturday that I can't miss or I lose a letter grade. This stinks. ):

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #619
pyrodancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucius View Post
Ah man, I'm making wings for Ryuk and I was planning on wearing them to my next con but now I've got a class on Saturday that I can't miss or I lose a letter grade. This stinks. ):
awww, that sux XP
I know how that goes, I had quite a few cosplays lined up for my next con, but it ends up that my work isn't letting me take all 3 days off, so I've had to narrow down the costumes I'm wearing :P

BTW your Ryuk pics look awesome!! I hope you post more pics with the wings soon!! ^^

ALSO, for any DN cosplayers in Georgia that followed the "crazy ga mall day" thread, I'm about 1/2 way done with my L boxers!! I might go as an "L has no pants" for AWA on Friday night. lol
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #620
Gypsyangelf4i

^ I will so hunt you down for pics of that
Unread 09-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #621
pyrodancer

I was looking through random DN pics on Google, and came across this pic, and had to share! I thought it was pretty funny

*warning* don't look if you're very anti-yaoi :P

cake wins over everything! lol
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #622
Gypsyangelf4i

Haha That's awesome! I love how he's counter balancing with one finger
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #623
pyrodancer

I know!!! No wonder L and Light's fighting-while-chained-together scene was so epic! That means Light must be that strong too, but he just can't resist L :P
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #624
pyrodancer

Just felt like showing off my latest and greatest Death Note accomplishment.... the L boxers of awesomeness ^^

For ppl who don't know the whole story, it started with me looking for the perfect pair of jeans for my L cosplay, and after going through several pairs and not being satisfied, I posted that my "L has no pants"..... which led to me drawing this lil 5sec sketch.... which led me to think "dude, if I had boxers like that, I totally wouldn't wanna wear pants anyways".............. so thus began the project of making L boxers.....

.......and here is the actual product, which I wore to AWA. I joined a PJ party, competed in an epic game of Twister, and won ^^

and now, I present to you, the L BOXERS!!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't think of getting pics of myself with my cam during AWA, but I'm hoping that I will eventually find some that other ppl took of me... ^^
Unread 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #625
haaku1234

Hey, amazing-tastic Death Note fandom, I have a question. Why can I only fine 10 Death Note cosplayers in all of SoCal?
I'm constantly in my Matt cosplay (I wear the shirt and jeans to school usually about once a week), and I've recently dragged a Mello into my group, but other than that, there's one group of siblings and their friend and a lone Mello and L out there. At one con, I saw this Matt and Mello that were together the entire 4 days, but I can't find anyone else.
I almost went to Otakon this year because my grandpa lives out there, and when I looked at the thread I was amazed. So many people still love it! But why has it died out here? Is there anyone I can find here?
haaku1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #626
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

So, how's everyone? I miss you guys. I haven't posted in way too long.

planned cosplays
ciel phantomhive, kuroshitsuji
mello, death note
Juliapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #627
BurningPersona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyaughi View Post

I want to try cosplaying as L, from the manga Death Note. I know the costume is very simple, but I love his character. This will be my first cosplay, aside from a stint as Pantsman from VGcats. I am also female, which will make things a tad more complicated, and I wear glasses. Is anyone familiar with this character? Any tips would be appreciated... and I'm also a bit confused as to L's hair color. It ranges from dark brown to black.
Depending on what you think of my cosplay, there is a photo of my "L" in my photos. "L"'s hair color is Black with a white-ish sheen. If you have big boobs... you might need to wear a chest thingy (Coursette or whatever it is called). If you are generally smaller in that area, you are set. The baggy shirt helps. Jeans for the pants, eyeliner/mascera for the dark circles under his eyes, and no socks/shoes. L is a character you also generally should have the personality for. Are you shut-in, intellectual, yet mysterious to those who do not know you personally? How are you with putting on the persona of your cosplay?
Mudkip-Completed for Otakon 2011
BurningPersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #628
icecream

From the philippines ozine fest 2012 - Misa of Death Note
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #629
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

So I haven't been on here in forever and I've been on a hiatus from cosplay, but I'm ready to at least start planning to get back into it. How is everybody? Who's still here? Who else still cares about Death Note?

planned cosplays
ciel phantomhive, kuroshitsuji
mello, death note
Juliapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #630
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I will forever care about Death Note...I've practically worked it into my everyday life. I no longer say "Oh My God." It's "Oh My Kira", guys, and it always will be.
On the hand of cosplay, though, I've got a blonde wig, a candy store, scar makeup, and a pleather vest. I may bind my chest and just walk around NYC as Mello for a day.

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote