Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Mass Effect

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Cloudtail4ever
Space Cowgirl

N7 Dog Tags?

Anyone know where I could have a pair made? I'd like to have the N7 design (as seen on Shepard's tags) on one side, and my Shep's details on the other, to go with the Alliance Fatigues I'm working on.

The N7 design seems pretty simple, here's a quick reference shot I snapped from a YouTube video (sorry about the crappy quality, I haven't recorded this far in my game yet to get my own screenshot):
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1333951473

To me, looks to be just plain, silver dog tags with a rounded, raised edge. The N7 design looks a little raised, too, and the coloring seems pretty simple.

I've looked around the internet at dog tag websites, but I've yet to find one that offers both custom designs and custom information. I'll send some emails around to those sites if no one here has any advice, I just figured I'd ask first to save myself a little hassle.

Thanks for any help!
Cloudtail4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
VAGGamer

If you have PowerUp Rewards from Gamestop, they are actually selling N7 dogtags as a reward for 11000 points right now. They have the Mass Effect 3 logo on them, but if you have the points, that makes it cheap as free.
VAGGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Cloudtail4ever
Space Cowgirl

Yeah, I've seen those, but I have a slight OCD problem when it comes to accuracy in the details of costume things. So while the GS ones will certainly work, should I find nothing else, I'd be forever bothered by the fact that they don't really resemble the ones in the game.

Thanks for the answer, though!
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
VAGGamer

You might try getting a blank plate and making the N7 out of something... durable? A painted bit of foam or plastic then using some 3D crystal lacquer to seal it in.

Stuff like this: http://www.sakuracraft.com/new-projects.htm

They sell this stuff on Amazon too.

I haven't used it personally, but it would get that sheen the tags seem to have. and would be easier than trying to find a place to emboss the metal itself.
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Cloudtail4ever
Space Cowgirl

Oh, that's a great idea! I bet some of the EVA foam I'm using for my costume would work well for the N7 bit, if I cut it thin enough. Thanks!
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
VAGGamer

Or again, I noticed that the GS Powerup tags DO have the N7 logo on one of the tags, the other has the ME3 on it. So, you can just go with the one tag for the costume (you would need to paint the red and black onto the tag, the tags are just metal).

Just mentioning, in case you can't find a metal tag to serve as the base.