Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #6421
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Hsien, that's not too bad. I actually know of the wig I'm getting, and it'll cost me 40+8$ shipping. :3

I'm actually terrible at pre-made patterns, the instructions confuse me, so I only use the images as a template and just go with it. ^.^' I really enjoy making my own pattern's though, cause then they fit me to a tee, and I can use old newspapers (yay for recycling!). But I wouldn't mind looking at the Butterick pattern!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #6422
arick86

My Sailor Senshi Costume tutorial

Hello all... here's the link for my Sailor Senshi costume tutorial... it's still kind of a work in progress, but the basics are there for ya. If you have any questions you can contact me on my blog.

http://risingnewmoonstudios.blogspot...al-part-1.html

Rising New Moon Studios
arick86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #6423
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arick86 View Post
Hello all... here's the link for my Sailor Senshi costume tutorial... it's still kind of a work in progress, but the basics are there for ya. If you have any questions you can contact me on my blog.

http://risingnewmoonstudios.blogspot...al-part-1.html
Wow you make an amazing Uranus. Maybe you could put makeup tips in your tutorial too?.. and also, stick some pics of your cosplay up on here too.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #6424
krys-chan
A New York Cosplayer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
^

I really love the brightness of the colours used, I also like how subtle your make-up is, but in a way stands out and brings out your eyes - you make a very perfect Michiru. The colours are spot on!
Thank you so much >.< I still want to fix a few more things but I'm loving how it's turning out

Facebook

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
krys-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #6425
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Update!

So, this dress I got two years ago had the perfect bodice for Serenity. So I'm going to use that as my base (Why waste fabric?!), and it still fits! I also have a line of beads I can use for Princess Serenity. (Flower shaped pearls)

Just need to buy the chiffon, organza, wig, and beading. I'm going to go with a mix of white and cream for her dress.

But it may be cheaper than expected, now to look for local fabric where houses.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #6426
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

^_^ once I get home from school I'll be able to post pictures of my wig and my boyfriend's tuxedo mask hat and mask made from scratch.

I was wondering if anybody had any idea on how to do the Purity Chalice from the Manga/Anime? I want it as a prop but I don't really know how to go about it. T_T

and wow arick86! You make such a wonderful Uranus ^_^ I am in awe!

edit: here is the picture of my princess serenity wig and my boyfriend's top hat and mask Sorry for the bad quality, it was taken with my Ipod.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...moonwighat.jpg

Last edited by Hsien-Ko : 04-28-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #6427
Diegator
User of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Wow you make an amazing Uranus. Maybe you could put makeup tips in your tutorial too?.. and also, stick some pics of your cosplay up on here too.
Seconded. More pictures please! Great job on the costumes, by the way.
Diegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #6428
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Hi all!
I decided to cosplay my second favorite Senshi at CTcon this year - Michiru. However , I don't know if I want to do her school uniform or a casual outfit. I don't particularly care if I get recognized and I'll be making her mirror no matter what outfit I do.

My main question is about the color of the wig - I was curious what colors others have used.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower

Last edited by UsakoLuna : 05-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #6429
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Just an update on fabric:

DO NOT ORDER FROM STRETCH HOUSE. The samples are lovely, and you'll get those quickly, and they give you pages and pages of samples even though you didn't order them. But they charge an arm and a leg for shipping and seem to make clerical errors like... overcharging you $10 to your credit card, not sending a final invoice with shipping, not sending you shipping notifications... not responding when you email to ask them about your order (they respond wonderfully when asking them questions before you order, though). Finally called them today to check up on my order since I noticed that though my final fabric order was $32, my credit card was charged $58.47. $26 for ground UPS shipping?!?!?! when competitor Spandex World was gonna charge me $11.95? The only reason why I went with Stretch House was because I appreciated their samples. I had no idea they were going to overcharge for shipping (when I called, he said the shipping cost was $16.47) and overcharge my credit card another $10. Possibly a clerical error, but, not responding to my email inquiries? Not sending final invoice or UPS shipping information or notification that the order shipped? That's all kind of shady.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't find that thread with recommendations on where to buy fabric and such, but the search feature seems to be not working for me at the moment.

Costume update:
- Somehow the sleeves made the armholes too small. Have to redo those.
- I figured out how to put a zipper in the leotard! By hand. >_>
- Getting the gold fabric today, apparently, so my skirts will be complete and I can attach them all to the leotard within the next few days.
- The collar is still giving me a lot of stress thinking about it, but I got some... really, cardboard-thick interfacing so my collar is GONNA STAND UP, YO. lol.

... basically, the dress part of the costume will be complete soooon(TM)! Then on to wig dyeing and styling and figuring out the wings. >_<

Last edited by Prissi : 05-11-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #6430
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

^

Sounds like progress is slow for you, but don't worry it is for me too. I've only managed to stitch on the bodice trim to the sides. I have yet to stitch trim to the back and front of the leotard. Plus I don't have enough trim to do that so I need to get more >.>
I have the collar pattern made ages ago, it needs modifying though, also have stretchy interfacing and whatnot. Putting in zipper is annoying, any zips I've used in costumes in the past have been hand-stitched!
Ungh got all my exams in one month, but another half term is coming up so hopefully I can do more to my cosplay, but otherwise it's going to have to be finished in the summer..
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #6431
Prissi

Yeah, that old Lynleigh pattern from years and years ago? The thing stressing me out is the lack of any measurements whatsoever. I finally made a paper model to figure out how it's supposed to work. I actually did hand-sew in the zipper... took me forever, but it was more precise that way and I could make it so it lies flat when I wear it instead of being all funky curvy.

I have the fortune of being on the last vacation I'll have for a very long time, so I think I'll be able to work more quickly for now. Good luck on your exams though!
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #6432
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

I finally have pictures of my dress These were taken at my mum's house. No make-up on and the wig was put on without a cap to show her how the cosplay would look with it

What do you all think?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...50 9900_n.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...625 937_n.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...595 077_n.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...89 6065_n.jpg
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #6433
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Oh wow that is gorgeous, Hsien-Ko! I love your take on the sleeves, and the detail and fabric choices is impeccable. Very very flowy and gorgeous. <3
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #6434
pastries

If anyone has done Usagi's high school uniform, how did you go about making the top? Like, what pattern or tutorial did you use? I'm planning on doing the Summer version and, despite having some vague idea, figured it'd be best to poke around and ask.

Last edited by pastries : 05-15-2012 at 01:56 AM.
pastries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #6435
Prissi

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL, Hsien-Ko!!

... does anyone have any tips on making 2x circle skirts pleat/hang right? I think the skirt is too floofy (gasp, I know... I'm starting to wonder if I should have used 1/2" horsehair instead? Going from worrying it wouldn't floof to too much... lol)