cheesecube5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

Wow... nice effect <3 have to remember for later. not overdone at all
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #19
Mekiseki

Great photos! You really captured a great atmosphere!
I agree with brucer007 about the clouds for the Kaito pic. Other than that, it's fabulous! *u*
I fangirled over that picture for a good 10 minutes, haha.
Mekiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
hikaru2322

Amazing.
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
JessJupiter
Part-time Superhero.

Love! But agreed, the clouds on the male singer are a bit distracting in the first photo. The concept would be awesome if they were just a bit more subtle. Also, I would bring down the opacity on the dots on the right of that second image so that seem more involved with the environment. There's a blur to her hair that would suggest that the depth of field is fairly shortened and the sparkles that are near there are just a bit too sharp to blend with that.

But other than that.... ^////^ SWOOON. Haha. Both shots are very well shot and the second one is so cute it gives me cavities >.<
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
levelsixtyseven

I love the composition and felt your edit made the mood of the photo "sparkle" and gave it more interest. The original Kaito photo was extremely orange and under exposed so was very surprised you were able to subtract a lot of the orange hue from your edit. My only suggestion to the Kaito shot is that his arm is very distracting. I would suggest cropping the shot and focus on the upper right corner. I absolutely love the focus and detail on the microphone.

The Miku Kaito one is too orange for me. I saw the original and you were working on some photos with a lot of warm light. The number one thing distracting me is the green and blue circle blobs sporadically added to the photo. I like the idea of it but it seems unnatural when it hits Kaito's arm but I do like the effect when it's around them and in the background.

As for the sparkles I feel you didn't over do it and really like the effect. But with every good art there's always something to improve! If you decide to do sparkles again in the future I would suggest playing with dimmer glowing specks and brighter glowing specks to give the sparkles a more natural and organic tone. Also since the photo is quite warm with the high yellow and orange hues I would add off white and slightly yellow sparkles to make the sparkles more believable instead of just plain white.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #23
Shishigami

Looks great to me! Give's the pics a nice atmosphere
Shishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
Mazohyist

These are really well done, actually. I'm a sparkle lover myself so i'd have maybe...
added a bit more.
But for the most part, i'd say you hit the nail on the head.
These photos are wonderfully done and not too over the top at all!
Good work and keep it up ^^
Mazohyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

I think the second photo is more successful then the first one because the added colors really add to the pallet you've chosen while in the first one the neutral cloudy look doesn't seem to fit that image. The grayness around the edges could work too if the opacity lower, it feels too obviously placed over the photo with how thick it is around the edges. Just play around with it some more and I think you'll have it down pat
I think the white dots would make a better sparkle image if they weren't so bright. When they are bright in the darker areas it draws your eyes to them. I wouldn't mind it so much if the dots in the light were brighter than the dots in the shadows, I think it would give it more depth.
I think the cropping you did of the photos is really nicely done and it is flattering for the characters and the cosplayers shown.

Overall I like both the photos and I'd love to have either of the images if I was the cosplayer in them, they are both really nice. Keep it up
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #26
kraek

These actually look really good! Plus the costumes are fantastic.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
Missi

I don't think you overdid the sparkles at all
Missi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
Bingutabi

These really do look good, and I think they have a perfect amount of sparkle ^^ I like how they look somewhat soft (kind of like snow) I feel if they were sharp they might take away from the cosplayers so job well done!
Bingutabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #29
jamiewong
TakoPup

i don't think they're over done, but the one where the guys singing into the mic, i felt that the white dots were too hard in some places. i would've thought having a little diffused/softer overall, like applying a bit of gaussian blur, then doing a layer opacity fade blend, assuming this is photoshop you've used. i just felt the white dots were too harsh and little big, whereas, if you gaus blur then the big dots will blend a little more with the bg. also maybe some of the white dots could have a different tint glow. like where you see the chair there is like a blur artifact, so if that was actually dust captured from real life, that would give you the colour range that dust in that vicinity would look like.

but good colour correction, for removing the yellow from the clothing, and getting the skin tone colour back. to give it that more anime feel. you should blow out the lights. give them a bigger glow/halo effect.
jamiewong is offline   Reply With Quote