Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #1291
aragrey
Babyhands

Just got back from a cafeteria across campus. I had a ham, tomato, and cheese sandwich and mac and cheese. Me gusta.

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
aragrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #1292
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Ate a pita with chicken, tomatos, and lettuce. Yum. (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #1293
harmonyisarine

I made bacon mayonnaise.

Since making the bacon mayonnaise, I have made a BLT (with the best brand of bacon I've ever found, so that was heaven), and now I have a tuna salad sandwich using the baconnaise. In the last 12 hours, I've consumed more mayonnaise than I normally have in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
BUT, there are plenty of Latinos from other Central/South American countries (Uruguay, Brazil, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, etc.). I'm kinda curious as to why it's like that. It's kinda weird.
Oh my god, what? Costa Rican food? I went to Costa Rica seven years ago now and I absolutely loved the food. Not what I expected since I'm faintly allergic to peppers. Next time I'm up in Canada, I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Last edited by harmonyisarine : 04-26-2012 at 02:01 PM.
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #1294
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've never seen a Costa Rican restaurant here, but I don't live in a big city. There's probably one in Toronto. I've had Panamanian (is that the right term?) and Cuban food before, and it was quite tasty (a plus for being Canadian; we can travel freely to Cuba, so it's a popular tourist destination here since it's pretty cheap, and we had a couple Cuban exchange students when I was in school too). And I've got a Jamaican neighbour who makes fantastic fish dishes and jerk chicken. And banana bread.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #1295
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
(with the best brand of bacon I've ever found, so that was heaven)

Tell me more!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #1296
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post

Tell me more!
Seconded.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #1297
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Nutella on whole wheat toast and delicious hot coffee made just the way I like it. (black with just a little bit of sugar)

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #1298
harmonyisarine

Quote:

Tell me more!
It's a brand called Kunzler from over near Lancaster, PA. We found it by accident and thought it was local only, since it was only at the deli counters one local grocery chain. But I didn't lose hope! I moved away and scoured the stores and there it was, with all the other pre-packaged bacon. Theirs is just hardwood smoked, so if you prefer applewood, you're out of luck. Whatever woods they use, though, make it so delicious...

http://www.kunzler.com/index.asp
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #1299
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Spinach and goat cheese pizza from CUNY Graduate Center's cafeteria: ...meh.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #1300
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've yet to eat a school cafeteria meal that wasn't lousy.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #1301
erayachi
Elbow Macaroni Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
Quote:

Tell me more!
It's a brand called Kunzler from over near Lancaster, PA. We found it by accident and thought it was local only, since it was only at the deli counters one local grocery chain. But I didn't lose hope! I moved away and scoured the stores and there it was, with all the other pre-packaged bacon. Theirs is just hardwood smoked, so if you prefer applewood, you're out of luck. Whatever woods they use, though, make it so delicious...

http://www.kunzler.com/index.asp
This sounds fantastic! Mmm, bacon. If only there was some way to share our delicious Canadian Bacon with the rest of the world. It's not, y'know, like it's just a certain part of a pig that makes it special.....Aggggggggh, now I want bacon!!!

In unrelated news, I now want to watch The Daily Show very badly...while eating bacon.
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #1302
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I don't know how they manage to do it, but KFC has the most delicious macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes evar. I really don't care about the chicken, I go for the mac&cheese and potatoes. They are delicious.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #1303
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

They have mac n' cheese now? I might have to try that next time Dad gets KFC for dinner. The chicken is so greasy it makes me sick. X_X
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1304
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

They've had macaroni and cheese for as long as I can remember. o-o

And yeah, their chicken is really greasy. I prefer Chik fil A for chicken. =w=

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #1305
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
I don't know how they manage to do it, but KFC has the most delicious macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes evar. I really don't care about the chicken, I go for the mac&cheese and potatoes. They are delicious.
Whenever I go there, I just get sides and the chicken is like an incidental thing.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote