Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #76
MLHawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over9000images View Post
Personally, I think it's way more badass if you are percieved by other people as overweight, but you don't give a flying fartacus and cosplay whoever you like anyway. It's so much better than people who just do it because it's easier for them.

I want to thank you for posting this. This has totally given me the courage to go with the next cosplay I wanted to do, but didn't think I could pull off because of my weight.

Do I plan to try to lose weight between now and then? Absolutely, but now I think it would be way awesome just to go for it.
MLHawke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #77
OtakuMusician
Poor Man Cosplayer

I'm actually hosting a panel at the Spokane convention "KuroNekoCon" in August based on cosplaying for bigger people. Instead of diet and exercise, it'll talk about certain fashion's that can slim you and different characters to try out, do's and don'ts, etc. You should come check it out!
OtakuMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #78
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuMusician View Post
I'm actually hosting a panel at the Spokane convention "KuroNekoCon" in August based on cosplaying for bigger people. Instead of diet and exercise, it'll talk about certain fashion's that can slim you and different characters to try out, do's and don'ts, etc. You should come check it out!
What about for fat people who don't want to look slimmer? Or are fine the way they are and have no desire to be told that they shouldn't cosplay particular characters? It is completely possible to be fat and have no desire to be skinny or to look 'slim'. Nor should anyone be in a place to tell someone they have "do's" or "don'ts" because of their weight.

I would be much more interested and pleasantly surprised if you described a panel that was reaching out to overweight cosplayers and giving them the support and encouragement they deserve as beautiful people.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #79
OtakuMusician
Poor Man Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
What about for fat people who don't want to look slimmer? Or are fine the way they are and have no desire to be told that they shouldn't cosplay particular characters? It is completely possible to be fat and have no desire to be skinny or to look 'slim'. Nor should anyone be in a place to tell someone they have "do's" or "don'ts" because of their weight.

I would be much more interested and pleasantly surprised if you described a panel that was reaching out to overweight cosplayers and giving them the support and encouragement they deserve as beautiful people.
I never said I was going to tell them that they shouldn't cosplay particular characters. Nor did I say that I was going to base this panel completely on those who would like to cosplay characters who flatter their weight. I was giving off some examples as to what I'm going to talk about, for those who WOULD like to look slim for future cosplays, because be honest, they're out there.

I can't tell folks to lose weight; being a 260lb person, I think it'd be a rather hypocritical move. As said before, I was merely giving examples of what I was going to talk about. I haven't finished my timed outline, yet.
OtakuMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #80
The_Killer_Hare
Bunny of Death

I don't have a 6-pack, I have a keg and I think that's better. I'm of viking stock, my body is tall, stocky, muscular and I would look weird as hell if I dropped to say 240 pounds. Some people would say I look ugly, but that's because they're blind. I'm a big, studly man, hairy as a bear and just as stubborn. I love the ladies that are a bit overweight and muscley because I know they're not going to shatter when I pat them on the shoulder.

Ladies, remember, you ARE beautiful. So says the Killer Hare, and if someone insults you, they don't know their arse from their elbow. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

Last edited by The_Killer_Hare : 04-18-2012 at 10:40 AM.
The_Killer_Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #81
Sushicatt

Aw, I can totally understand your feelings, even when I'm not FAT, I feel that I'm not skinny nor pretty enough to cosplay, I feel like I'll ruin any existing character if I cosplay it XD also I have kinda tanned skin and this just makes it worst, since most characters are pale ;___;

I wish one day I can get over it, but it's quite hard
Sushicatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #82
GelaMin

I always feel this way! Especially because all of my friends are skinny. That is why I am losing weight. To be healthy and feel better about myself! You are not alone though! But always remember, cosplay is about the love of the character that you are cosplaying, don't think that is the most important reason to lose weight, even though it is a perk! Also remember that Marilyn Monroe was one of the most beautiful women in the world and she was like a size 12 I think. Don't get toothpick thin, curves are beautiful. All bodies are built different so you might be at your healthy weight and still be curvy and that is ok! And if you are happy at a bigger size than that is awesome! As long as you are happy! No one should be told they are too fat to cosplay anything!

Last edited by GelaMin : 04-13-2012 at 10:52 PM.
GelaMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #83
kirameki

I'm a little tall and a little overweight for my height and I have so many body issues now that I never had when I was skinny. It's so frustrating. Even on days I think I look nice I'll see a picture of my thick arms or large thighs and just get depressed. It doesn't help that most of my friends are small and petite so when we do lolita or cosplay together I feel even bigger.

I'm working hard to get over this self consciousness and trying my best to get healthy. Cosplay has definitely helped me out. I always feel surprised and flattered when people ask for my picture. I have even decided to cosplay a cute petite character and to hell what anyone else thinks.
CastlePoint
AnimeExpo
Otakon (maybe)

Upcoming Cosplays
Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)
Luki (DOGS)
Sailor Saturn
Rosette (Chrono Crusade)
Clear (DMMD)
Tsurara (Nurarihyon)
kirameki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #84
Miruku-no-Aisu

I don't really care about what other people think. It's more like... I'm worried that I'd ruin the character I love so much... ;_;
Miruku-no-Aisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #85
DiaStar791
~Love is War~

I'm with you on that one. I'm a plus size girl and there really aren't that many cosplays that can accommodate a bigger girl. I'm afraid that the character that i look up to will be ruined in my eyes. But i'm learning to get over that. I just recently cosplayed as Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid. I have honestly got to say, acting like a skinny singer made me feel like one!!!

But i've always had a hard time losing weight because my body doesn't take in the nutrients like its supposed to. Does anyone have any advice?
DiaStar791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #86
SRHtheHedgehog
Pokemon get da ze~!

I did a Devil Zukin from DDR cosplay a few months back (not up on the site; too lazy to post it lol), and her midriff is exposed. I still don't really have the midriff for something like that, and I most certainly didn't when I did the cosplay. It was honestly just a peek, which is the only reason I decided to do it anyway, but it was still scary to have that little pudge be the thing to peek out of it. Once I got the cosplay on and wore it around the convention, however, there were a large number of people that ended up taking my picture. DDR isn't very popular, so I asked most of them if they recognized me. Only about three out of the 20 or so actually recognized my character. That means they loved my cosplay enough that they wanted my picture, regardless of my figure or even character recognition. It's all about the costume fitting properly and the skill of the cosplayer, I've come to conclude. Although those wings were pretty great, so that might have been it. xD
Unread 05-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #87
aspiekid0101

I feel the exact same way right now. Even though I've lost a stone and a half, spent the last 8 months exercising and eating better food (I'm even doing WeightWatchers with my parents now, though eating the right stuff has always been hard for me because I'm hypoglycemic), my body looks alright, apart from my grotesquely large thighs (got this horrible feeling that people are gonna call me "Thor, God of Thunder Thighs" next week). My mum keeps telling me I shouldn't worry about it too much and I'll look fine, but it's just one of those things that bums me out constantly.
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #88
Cosplayer5Ever

What diet are you on >.< ? I feel the same way so id like to give a diet that WORKS a try ^^
Cosplayer5Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #89
Katieasaur
Being Awesome

I have been a big girl since elementary school, I'm almost 6 feet tall and about 200 lbs, and while I find it annoying as hell being fat, I embrace it still. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to be thin, but I destroyed myself during high school over the fact I was a small chick. Best thing I ever did was get on stage in a bra and booty shorts, and tell the world idgaf what they think. I'm going to do what makes me happy, and if being 6ft tall, 200lb Ciel Phantomhive is what does that, then I am sure as hell going to do it. Don't care what the 'others' think, do what make YOU feel good.
Katieasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #90
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

I feel the same way, I'm 5"10 and 200lbs and I'm doing myself to shed some excess weight so far, it seems a very slow process.
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote