Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
xxpixel777xx
Procrastinator

Smile 2012 Touhou Cosplayers?

You might recognize me as the reisen from last year's Otakon, Rikako from AUSA, or most recently Marisa at Katsucon. I return again this year to unleash my wrath upon Baltimore(as well as freaking people out with my umbrella and general shenanigans).

I will be going as Kogasa this year(I'm actually going to wear contacts this time!), and if people could tell me where and when the photoshoots/panel are, i'd greatly appreciate it. Also, this is the first con I'm going to for all 3 days(and we're renting a hotel room even though we live like an hour away cause we're crazy like that), so I'm fine with any time and day you decide to have a photoshoot.

My father will also cosplay this year. He's going as Youki Konpaku. He's a tall dude like me, tends to carry a cane, but he may or may not be leaning on one of his swords.

(If anyone wants to walk around with us, I don't mind. I'd love to make some friends anyway, my dad says I should make friends with the other cosplayers but I'm socially awkward and starting conversations is hard for me.)
xxpixel777xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
SirSlarty
Seizon Senryakuuuuuuuuuuu

bumping because I'm excited for Otakon....
SirSlarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Ayayaya...

Hi, everyone! Quick update on this year, since we just talked about it at length on IRC.

Regarding the panel: We have yet to hear back about our app. Hopefully we did well enough the past two years that we get back in, but I know that Otakon also likes to shuffle content around, so we may get rejected one year simply on the grounds of them wanting new programming and not because we sucked. Still, I'm pretty hopeful we'll get one.

UPDATE: We're in! No schedule yet, but we'll be holding something!

Regarding the shoots: We have decided on two shoots this year - Friday, 9 P.M. at the indoor fountains and Saturday, 4 P.M. also at the indoor fountains. A lot of Touhou cosplayers tend to wear a lot of thick, heavy things, so we're steering away from going outside this year.

Less than two months to go! Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited by Kilgamayan : 06-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Silly Chen

Hey Guys! looking forward to seeing you at the shoot! I'll be doing Kogasa or Chen this year!
Silly Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Kilgamayan
Ayayaya...

Update: The panel will be Friday afternoon, from 5:30 to 6:30, in Panel 6 (which is one of the giant Hilton rooms).

Hoping to see everyone there!
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
gameboyjsa

Hey everybody, I was at the photoshoot on Saturday, does anybody have the pictures? I was suwako btw.
gameboyjsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

Here's a video that I cranked-out last night just after the con~! It happens to be very Touhou-centric, and I think you all might like it~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBnzkioDtN8&feature=vmdshb
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
tenouharula101

Did anyone take a picture of me holding the SukuSuku Keine and Mokou plushies at the saturday shoot. I was the hatless keine.
tenouharula101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
Noirist

http://elegancer.net/stuff/Otakon_2012/

Touhou Meet #1 is 0027 - 0230
Touhou Meet #2 is 0538 - 0945

I tried to get as much variety as possible, and tried to get everyone in one frame on the larger group shots.
I must invest in a wide lens for next time.
Noirist is offline   Reply With Quote