Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #151
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

I'm so happy to see ElfQuest get some loving! <3 Such an under-appreciated series. I'm still experimenting with the hair, involving lots of curlers... XD My hair is the same shade as hers, though, with some silver strands, and long enough that when I curl it, it should be that length... I hope.

I love Moonshade's outfits! I hope you get around to either of them one day, ElfQuest needs lots of love. :3
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #152
serahxxx
we are the dead

This'll be my first year at Dragon*Con. I only have one cosplay set it stone so far and that is Lady Deadpool.
The others are kind of up in the air. I'd like to match with my boyfriend but he hasn't figured out what to wear yet either. XD
Other possibilities are Miranda from Mass Effect, Boomer from Battlestar Galactica, or any of my older cosplays.
serahxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #153
ne0ven0m
Dr. Feelgood

^ You, miss, have good taste in things. I say that because I'm bringing a Deadpool variation myself, and I'm a huge fan of BSG and Mass Effect.

2014 Plans: Winter Soldier mashup, Deathstroke, Deadpool/Adventure Time mash-up, TBD

My Blog:http://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/
ne0ven0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #154
serahxxx
we are the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m View Post
^ You, miss, have good taste in things. I say that because I'm bringing a Deadpool variation myself, and I'm a huge fan of BSG and Mass Effect.
Haha, thank you! You'll be Deadpool as well!? *high fives*
Yay for ME and BSG love! I'm actually only just now finishing season 1 of BSG. :O I am totally digging it though and I can't wait to finish the series.

Planned cosplay:
-Lady Deadpool
- Boomer ~ Battlestar Galactica
serahxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #155
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I've been informed by my hubby and asked by our friends through him that I need to start checking on the LJ comm for rooms. Our one set of friends got a room at the Hyatt again, but it's only got one bed, we need to fit 6 people in it, and we don't like being sardines. So now I seem to be our only hope for finding a host hotel room for the con. I have this feeling we should be looking at nearby hotels as well.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #156
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Well, I think I've started on enough of these costumes that I can give out this list and be pretty confident that I'll have at least some of them ready. Last year we ended up having to move the week before Dragon*Con and I didn't end up with any new costumes at all. This year, I want all my costumes to be new ones. So here's what I'm working on:

Visas Marr from KotOR II
Alphonse Elric (armor) from FMA
A somewhat historically accurate viking outfit that coordinates with Loki's costume from The Avengers
Mara Jade (green outfit)
A mistcoat and outfit to go with it, from "Mistborn: The Alloy of Law"

And for my husband,
Loki, Avengers costume
Steel Inquisitor, from the Mistborn series
Seneca Crane, from The Hunger Games
Roy Mustang, from FMA
Grand Admiral Thrawn (this costume is finished, but needs some touching up)

Well, I guess I'll be surprised if I finish all of those, but it's good to have goals right?

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #157
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Me and my gf decided why not? Even if we have to drive 3 hours each day to get to the con we'll go to dragoncon this year. I love how Voltaire is there and the aquarium is there too! Possible costumes: madara uchiha (young version with armor), alpha Dave from homestuck (reading it now to please gf), Len (servant of evil), and the last cosplay could be either Julius, Cheshire cat or viscount druitt (read my sig if you don't know where these three are from)
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #158
PepMaster

E. Hyde I'm looking forward to catching you in the FMA armor at D*C. I'll be running around in my Killzone 3 Capture Trooper concept outfit for most of the convention, still deciding on other costumes but I'm definatly going to have Darth Nihilus for the convention I just don't know what else I'll be 100% sure I'm bringing.
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #159
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

I'm really hoping to have it finished in time! It's my first pepakura project so it's hard to put a time estimate on it though. But my sister is going to be there as Ed and we'd really like to be able to get some photos of us together (she lives across the country from me, so we don't get many chances to cosplay together).

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #160
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Keep changing our minds, but from what I've seen these are the cosplays intended for Dragon*con with my gf:

me:
Madara Uchiha (young version)
Loki (Male; the outfit that's green with armor on it, but not with helmet)
Red X (teen titans)
Dave Strider (home-stuck)

gf:
Gala Pony from My little pony (she isn't sure which yet)
Female loki (from comics)
Terra (teen titans)
Jade (6am outfit; homestuck)
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #161
ne0ven0m
Dr. Feelgood

Now that my spring semester is over, it's time to shift into D*C planning/building season!

Almost done putting together my Deadpool, just a matter of continuing the workouts to be in superhero type shape. A new addition is Marshall Lee from Adventure Time, but that's just regular clothes. Only thing I have to build is an axe bass guitar and there are some good online tutorials. Thankfully my other 2 costumes are just things that need updating.

I'm definitely getting excited though!

2014 Plans: Winter Soldier mashup, Deathstroke, Deadpool/Adventure Time mash-up, TBD

My Blog:http://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/
ne0ven0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #162
ajisaiareku
~Sewing Maniaz

I'm rather upset with my job, after the hubs and I got DC approved off 3 mths ago he then got a promotion. Apparently now because someone else in his dept has it off he will not so no DC this year for us :/
Fuu: Final Armor - MKR
Lolita Captain America
Other Cons 2012:
Holiday Matsuri
ajisaiareku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #163
Shivilow
Darth Shivilow

I will Repeat doing Bellatrix Lestrange but this time I made her dress from Half blood prince. So no cheap costume store look for me then I have my own custume sith. And if I have time I will do Jane Rizzoli
Shivilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #164
GlassCannon

It's looking like more Game of Thrones costumes for me this year -- no surprise, since I had more fun in that costume last year than any other so far. No jello heart this year though, as I can no longer stand the taste of jello, hehe. So adding a few new accessories to my Daenerys from last year, making a second Daenerys dress, and adding accessories to my steampunk Tinkerbell from last year too. I really try to limit myself to three costumes per DragonCon (one each night, so minimal costume changes), but we'll see if I can hold myself to that this year, lol.
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #165
PeregrinTook310

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
I really try to limit myself to three costumes per DragonCon (one each night, so minimal costume changes), but we'll see if I can hold myself to that this year, lol.
This. My bf and I brought 7 costumes each one year...what a disaster -_-. We're shooting for 3-4 this year. Mainly revamping our old LotR costumes to make them screen accurate, Once Upon a Time, and Skyward Sword! Definitely bringing back some of our comic costumes too though, so we'll see! It all revolves around when my bf has to be completely clean shaven or not for Legolas -_-. Ugghhh. Two of his costumes are completely shaven, one is middle ground and the other is full on scruff. Luckily he's like a werewolf and has a beard over night LOL!

Fellowship Gimli | Coronation Legolas | Suede Jerkin Legolas from 'The Hobbit' | Arwen Requiem Gown

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CelticRuinsCostumes
PeregrinTook310 is offline   Reply With Quote