Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
China_In_Japan

Is my diet effecting my health?

I'm 5' 4" and 140 lbs.... When I first came to Japan, I was 160 lbs...
Living here, I am having a bit of a problem knowing what to eat. (Also, being a college student seems to effect that)
I don't drink soda, but I do eat a LOT of rice (normally with out any toppings) I also drink vegetable/fruit mixes that have not so many calories.. I exercise and constantly try to move, but I can't seem to lose the last 10 lbs to get to my "ideal" weight

I am also allergic to many types of fish (but not sea food such as shrimp, clams, and lobster)

So could it be I am still not eating right?

please help!

(if you happen to know if Japan puts a lot/not much sugar into their food, that'd also be nice to know)
China_In_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Miss-Kagamine

from the sounds of it yes.
I don't think all food in Japan has heaps of amounts of sugar in it though probably every snack food has tonnes. i would suggest to avoid fruit drinks( they contain so much sugar I once bought this Japanese peach tea it was nice but it was sickly sweet) The rice is good, try cutting out snacks all together, also when buying food make sure the sugar content is low( always check the label before buying, too much sugar don't buy) As you know Japan has some nice dishes which aren't seafood based. so in conclusion don't buy fruit drinks make your own, preferably drink water, check the labels of food items continue eating rice, fruit and vegetables. and keep up the exercise. Hopefully this has been a little helpful good luck with loosing weight. I can guarantee if you cut out all of the unnatural sugar it will be a lot easier to loose weight. I am the same height as you and weigh 110 pounds from cutting sugar( used to be 120) so it works (: perseverance is also your best friend.

Last edited by Miss-Kagamine : 04-21-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Miss-Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Libis

Don't forget to eat eggs or something to get some protein in you. Or chicken or beef if you can find/afford it.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
Leithiana

^ agreeing with Libis.
You need so much more protein! Try getting some chicken, turkey, eggs, nuts, seeds, peanutbutter into your diet.
I would also suggest putting some fiber in your diet.
I would try to avoid the rice as much as possible. It's nearly nutritional-less and has many many carbs. Is brown rice an option for you??
Leithiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #5
usuyukisou

Just so you know, Japanese short white rice is absolutely delicious, but it also spikes your blood sugar. Consider getting brown rice?
usuyukisou is offline   Reply With Quote