Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 706 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:10 AM   #2371
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #2372
ImASleazoid

Name of Commissioner CosplaySky

Website/C.com gallery http://cosplaysky.com/media/catalog/...-Costume-1.jpg

Character commissioned and series/video game Anakin Skywalker Robes/belt/pants

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/...o/DSC07121.jpg (pants not in picture)

Timeline 2 weeks to make, 1.5 weeks to get here

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros:
I just got it today and the pros I have on it are; the fabrics are a great quality! Faux suede, pleather for the belt and cotton for the under shirt. Sewing is perfect, no stray threads or seams coming undone. Fits very well.

Cons:
Nothing major, I love this costume, just some additional advice they could do for this costume. The 2 shirts the under and the over are both martial arts style shirts, therefore it'd be nice to have some ties on the side so the shirt stays closed so it is easier to get dressed without pinning the tops to keep them from opening also something to pin the mantles to the top so it doesn't shift.
The under shirt is made from some kind of cotton or something, but the fabric is a bit scratchy, so an undershirt would make it feel more comfortable, same with the pants, leggings would be needed. But that's if you get really irritated by that kind of thing. It's noticable that it is scratchy, but I don't think it's horrible, I could go without an undershirt or leggings in it.
Pleather belt was made a bit big, though I think it said somewhere it needs adjustement to your waist, so that's nothing difficult to fix.
UPS shipping sucks :P got $18 in duties.

All in all, I love this costume, great quality for what I paid and cannot wait to wear it at Ottawa's first Comiccon!

Final Grade: B+ (or A-)
ImASleazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #2373
ChasinGrayson

Name of Commissioner: JDsCosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/174387

Character commissioned and series/video game: Robin from Young Justice (http://www.aolcdn.com/photogalleryas...tice-robin.jpg) Commissioned everything but wig, mask, and shoes.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0396.jpg (excuse the crappy quality and derpy expression)

Timeline: Not sure, exactly. My deadline was May 1st. I gave him all my measurements on March 12 after sending him 60% pay. Got it just today, April 25th, in the mail.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros:
Nicholas did a fantastic job! Aside from the belt, the costume fits perfectly and is sewn with expert skill. The price was just what I expected and he finished it well before when I needed it!!

Cons:
The belt is slightly smaller than where I'd like to wear it on my hips, but it looks fine around my waist as well. No complaints, really!

I give JDsCosplay an A+!!

Robin (Young Justice) - 86% Complete

Dick Grayson [civvies] (Young Justice) - 83% Complete

Wiccan (Young Avengers) - 0% Complete

Batgirl [Stephanie Brown] (DC) - 0% Complete
ChasinGrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #2374
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Name of Commissioner: Epic Cosplay
Item purchased (please include quantity): http://www.epiccosplay.com/18-dark-b...ay-wig-en.html and http://www.epiccosplay.com/18-silver...splay-wig.html
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None yet. I ordered the wigs for my twin's coming Keisuke Sannan cosplays, so when that cosplay is done photos will be found in their gallery.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Order placed 19th April. Received 26th April.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Everything went super well, the wigs are very nice but I didn't try them on because they are for my twin KratosAurion28. I've ordered from Epic Cosplay before though and I've always been very pleased with the quality. Shipping was really quick, it took exactly one week to reach Finland!
Final Grade: A+

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 04-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #2375
reddragonomega

So just wondering if I could do a review on a customer in here? I made the prop and every thing and she backed out because she doesn't want to pay shipping
reddragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #2376
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragonomega View Post
So just wondering if I could do a review on a customer in here? I made the prop and every thing and she backed out because she doesn't want to pay shipping
i tried making that thread..i even got approval for it and everyone just talked bad about it..so its really not worth writing a review on a buyer, itll just get others pissed for no actual reason
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #2377
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Name of Merchant: Amphigory
Item purchased: Marilyn Monroe in #2
Links to picture: Not yet
Timeline: From payment to door FIVE DAYS
Experience: As always, I've had good experiences with Amphigory. They've always been quick with shipping and processing, plus they do not rely on paypal only. Wigs are packaged well and good quality (depending on what brand you buy.) Mind you, Amphigory is not a wig factory, but rather just a dealer, so I think it is inappropriate to review them on the actual wig itself, since that is from New Look. They are kind, quick, and have a good selection.
Final Experience: A

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #2378
alicechance

Name of Commissioner: erisaka
Website/C.com gallery: cosplay.com profile
Character commissioned and series/video game: Skirt for 50s style Cinderella from Disney's Cinderella, inspired by Sockhop Cindy by kennasaur
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: One, Two (Blurry photos because it was a work function and apparently my colleagues aren't good with cameras.)

Timeline: I messaged her on the 11th of April, she shipped it on the 13th, I got it on the 18th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. She is so amazing, I honestly cannot even begin to describe it. The skirt is so beautiful, I want to wear it every day. It is absolutely the most magical piece of clothing I have ever worn. The detail and quality are both stunning, even more so when you consider that she made it in *two days*. And for an entirely reasonable price. I cannot recommend her enough.

alicechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #2379
alicechance

Name of Commissioner: Lake Fairy Creations
Website/C.com gallery: Facebook page
Character commissioned and series/video game: Girl Captain America costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Summer version, Winter version

Timeline: I first messaged her in October last year, costume received 20th April this year.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. First things first, the costume itself is absolutely gorgeous and perfect and also super comfortable! I was a bit surprised at first to see that it wasn't hemmed, but it really didn't need it. The quality and detail really is amazing, especially in the corset. Very, very professional. I absolutely love it to pieces. Sarah was always lovely, polite and a pleasure to deal with, but not always the quickest email-answerer. She did always get back to me, though, so as long as you're patient, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I ended up nagging her across various social media a couple of times, but she was always understanding and didn't get annoyed at me for being a pain ^^;;

Final Grade: A-/B+ (A for costume, B for communication)
alicechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #2380
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

Name of Commissioner: Gracesaur
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/240292
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): wig - persona 4 the golden
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: i didn't receive anything
Timeline (how long your order took to process): early march - ???
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
Pros: she was friendly

Cons: DO NOT TRUST HER. in early march i PMed her asking if she could style my base wig for me we agreed to a price and i shipped it off and this is where the whole mess started. she kept in touch for a while and around the end of march she said was working on my wig and was shipping it off the next day (ha yeah right...) i wait about two weeks and nothing shows up in the mail so i ask for a tracking number and she says that she got delayed due to a rush order and was shipping it the next day. funny when she said she was working on it the last time i asked. then she started ignoring my PMs so I filed a dispute and then she claims that it hasn't been shipped because she was away for a con and gave me a time frame of when it will be shipped I wait and still nothing and so I escalated the claim and she never responded after that. so she stole my wig and almost stole my money
good news is I get my money back
bad news: this person stole my base wig
BUYER BEWARE!

Final Grade: F- for being a thief and a liar

Last edited by angel wings : 05-02-2012 at 03:06 AM.
angel wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #2381
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

^^^

Last edited by angel wings : 06-25-2013 at 06:26 AM.
angel wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #2382
jennd333
Le Petit Princesse

Name of Merchant: CosplayWig
Website http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplaywig
Item purchased (please include quantity): Short Bob Black fashion cosplay wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item:
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/qQkEM.jpg
On my head: http://i.imgur.com/xChpv.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered April 18, Received April 30.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: This was my first time ordering from CosplayWig, a store I'd heard really great things about when it comes to buying wigs. I wasn't disappointed! The wig is very high quality and looks pretty much like that reference photo, save for the bangs, which are longer (probably to allow people to style them however they want.) The wig was estimated to arrive from May 10-20, so it was a pleasant surprise when I found that it had been shipped much faster than I expected. I would definitely buy from them again ^_^

Chihiro (Spirited Away)
Yuffie (FFVII:Crisis Core)
Markl (Howl's Moving Castle)

Last edited by jennd333 : 06-10-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added pictures
jennd333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #2383
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Name of Merchant: Match Wigs
Item purchased (please include quantity): Wanar V. Short Black Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: None.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Placed first order on 11th March, shipped 16th March but it hasn't showed up to this day. Replacement order shipped 17th April and I picked it up 2nd May. (arrived in my country a few days earlier)
Describe your Experience. Comments: The transaction went well but it takes around 4-5 days for them to ship the wig after payment. The first wig I ordered without tracking and still to this day (3rd May) it hasn't arrived so I suppose it got lost somewhere. That has never happened to me before. Oh well, I wrote a thread here in the wig forum and asked about shipping times and I guess a member here mentioned my problem to them because they took contact with me and asked about it. They offered to send a replacement wig, with tracking to make sure it arrives, without any extra costs for me. That's super customer service! That replacement order was prepared 13th April, shipped 17th April and attempted delivery 25th April although I never saw any signs of someone trying to visit my house. *shrugs* But I picked it up 2nd May at the post office in town because I got a delivery notification from them err, I think it was 27th April. Next time I will make sure to order from them with tracking.

Pros: Amazing customer service!!! Cheap and good quality wigs. I checked the wig when I ordered it and it seemed very nice, a bit shinier than photos though but the fiber is very soft.

Cons: Processing your order takes some days and the shipping took a bit of time, but it's free shipping so I don't really complain. xD Just make sure to order your wigs in time before the con and you'll be fine ~

Final Grade: A

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 09-20-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #2384
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #2385
cosplaynewb11

review for v3 cosplay syndicate

Name of Merchant: v3 cosplay syndicate
Website: not sure on website but have a facebook fan page ( v3cosplay@gmail.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): a baka and test avatar for a character
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 5 months
Describe your Experience. Comments: emailed them in december about having a plushie made. they asked me alot of questions to make sure that it was made correctly . and then quoted me a price. after i agreed they emailed me a invoice and a Contract for service they got started. told me a finish date in march sent a email to check up on the process in febuary and was told due to problems they would upgrade my plush from 6 to 13 free of charge and then said the date would be April. sent a email in april for a check and got a response that it would be mailed to me in may once they got the proper shipping box. receive it the second of may.

pros: very nice people and answered all of my questions. even sent pictures when i asked. i know it is hand made cause you can see the stitch marks

Cons: took a bit longer then original schedule time, and mailed the plush in a small amount of bubble wrap.

Final Grade: A
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote