Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
LinxThePirate

How do you order wigs from TaoBao? (In need of an Anarchy Panty wig)

Hi, um, my apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I'm kind of new here, and wasn't sure where to put it....

Anyways, I've been looking at wigs for a Panty cosplay that I will be doing for Anime Expo 2012, and I have found none at a reasonable price / correct style on places like eBay and such. However, I found I beautiful wig on Taobao that seemed like a reasonable price, but I heard that you need an agent to get them sent to the United States.

So, how does that work? And if anybody knows of any good, reasonably priced Panty wigs, that would be very helpful >.<

Thank you so much!
LinxThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
usuyukisou

Yes, you would need to go through a shopping service.

I have used taobaospree. I am happy with them, but I haven't used anyone else, so I can't give you a comparison. For me, basically the first time I dealt with them, I sent an email to the main coordinator (Susan), and then she referred me to an agent who would help me ask the seller's questions and give me their responses. Then, when I decided on a product that I definitely wanted to purchase, I let my agent know. The agent then does some totals and give you the first bill for the price of the products, the Paypal fee, and the agent fee. When the products arrive at the taobaospree office, they check the items are right and then let you know after they weigh the items for which they will send another bill for shipping.
** The first whatever kg is more expensive for EMS. Beyond that, there is a 40% discount, so if you use EMS, I recommend not just getting one wig.
** There are other shipping options, but I haven't tried them.

This thread has a list of taobao wig stores. It is not exhaustive, but it's a place to start. Be sure to read the thread, because there are comments about the stores listed.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=234888

* Another warning: there are some great stores on taobao... and there are also the bad apples that steal pics and whatnot.
usuyukisou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
novaraven1

I just saw a really nice anarchy panty wig over at the five wits wigs. By the time you add up all the shipping and broker fees, I don't think you'd be saving as much money as you think. Taobao only saves you money if you're doing a large group order with your friends and splitting up the shipping/broker/duty fees between everyone equally.

Also know that unless you pay extra for faster shipping, it could take over a month to get your wig from overseas. If you need it soon, look at US sellers where you already know the quality is good because their regular shipping is usually two weeks or less and the express shipping options can be cheaper too. Sellers like epiccosplay, arda wigs, and the five wits have a habit of turning up at cons and if its one you'll be at you can arrange to pick it up in person and have zero shipping costs.

Last edited by novaraven1 : 04-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.
novaraven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
LinxThePirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaraven1 View Post
I just saw a really nice anarchy panty wig over at the five wits wigs. By the time you add up all the shipping and broker fees, I don't think you'd be saving as much money as you think. Taobao only saves you money if you're doing a large group order with your friends and splitting up the shipping/broker/duty fees between everyone equally.

Also know that unless you pay extra for faster shipping, it could take over a month to get your wig from overseas. If you need it soon, look at US sellers where you already know the quality is good because their regular shipping is usually two weeks or less and the express shipping options can be cheaper too. Sellers like epiccosplay, arda wigs, and the five wits have a habit of turning up at cons and if its one you'll be at you can arrange to pick it up in person and have zero shipping costs.
Thank you so much! I just found a lovely wig from Epiccosplay that I think I'm going to use instead. Thank you so much for the help!
LinxThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Yadoshi
the jelly blob :3

i can does mathz :B

I read over the taobao wig thread and decided I really wanted to try it out a while ago. I heard that Taobaospree is a good,honest service. I spoke to them briefly about items I wanted and the total price.
I had a gut feeling that I wanted to try someone else. And so I did, I found Taobaoring.com

They were just as nice as Susan and CiCi from taobaospree which I found quite pleasant

I chose Taobaoring.com because, as I dare say it, I'm a cheapo, but eitherway I saved a few more bucks via taobaoring then using taobaospree... though I'm not 100% sure honestly ^^; (EDIT: Well maybe more like .32 cents-ish ^^; )

Sydney was really awesome about answering questions. Her *or who ever I spoke to* Had Good English, quite professional!

TaobaoRing service percentage is 8%
where as TaobaoSpree service is 10%
of the items total cost (if its over 500 CNY otherwise its 50CNY [8 usd or so]).

I found out on my own that I think indeed doing a batch order would be alot more worth it then buying just a few items on their own.

I had ordered 3 different items, 8 total items being:
  • 2 Wigs (
  • 1 Master grade Gundam model kit
  • 5 Gundam decals
weight: 1908 G

CNY to USD for this transaction: 6.25 CNY to 1 USD *mind that this is CONTINUOUSLY changing*

the final price after: (1)= first payment (2)= second payment

(1)Items cost: 297.30 CNY or 47.56 USD
(1)Service Fee: 26.74 CNY or 5.92 usd
(1)Domestic Del.: 37.00 CNY or 4.27 usd
-----
(2)Intel Shipping: 279.00 CNY or 44.64 usd
-----
(1+2)Paypal @ 4% + 0.30 USD
(1)payment of: 57.75 usd + 2.63 , really paid: 60.36
(2)payment of: 44.64 usd + 1.78 , really paid: 46.72

Complete total: 107.08 USD

At first I had planed on using airmail for its cheaper price, but I went with EMS, because it was only a few dollars more in the end of how much everything weighed. It was either wait 14+ days, or wait 5 or so days.

In the end I know I saved money simply because I could have paid alot lot more for the wigs, and definitely A LOT more on the gundam and decals.

Im going to calculate how much it would have cost via taobaospree if I did go with them
just for comparisons sake

EDIT: Looking over Taobaospree I remembered why I went with Taobaoring,
Their page is quite confusing, Managable, but very confusing at first. Taobaoring is simple, and straight forward.

second edit:
Taobaospree: No insurance

(1)Items cost: 297.30 CNY or 47.56 USD
(1)Service Fee: 50.00 CNY or 8.00 USD
(1)Domestic Del: 37.00 CNY or 4.27 USD
---
(2)EMS Intel. Shipping+8cny customs fee: 45.92 USD
---
(1)payment of: (384.30cny) 61.48 USD
(2)payment of: (287.00cny) 45.92 USD

complete total: 107.40 usd

So in the end it looks like there probably isn't much savings between the two agents,
at which point I think it really depends on your own opinion of the agents when you talk to them. Oh by the way, another plus for taobaoring is that, when my items were received at their warehouse, they took a photo of it for me! neat ~ *I believe taobaospree does this if they have free time I don't know how often that is though..*

You know you want to

My god sized post on TaobaoRing.com

Last edited by Yadoshi : 05-01-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Yadoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
chinabuyau

Guys this might be a bit off-topic but very recently we started a business called Chinabuy in Australia to help you purchase from Taobao and other Chinese websites (we're Chinese Australians, we speak both English and Chinese). In particular, our goal is to address most if not all issues of those Taobao agents out there. Here is how:

* We're an English-speaking Australian business. Our team is 100% Australian-based. So it would be much easier to deal with us.

* We bargain on your behalf and pass on the saving to you. We want to emphasise this is very common when it comes to shopping from online marketplaces such as Taobao in China. If you ask a Taobao agent out there for your transaction record on Taobao they'll probably refuse -- wonder why? They bargained and put the money in their pocket rather than yours!

* We provide you the original Taobao transaction record. That means whatever price we've bargained, you get the same price. For example, if we have the domestic shipping cost waived, you will have it too.

* All you pay is item costs + shipping. We don't charge a service fee. The service charge is notorious as it potentially involves a minimum charge, a cancellation fee, or a payment surcharge. So we've decided to remove it altogether and simplify the fee structure, to bring you an uncomplicated, transparent shopping experience.

* We offer competitive exchange rate directly from Chinese Yuan to Australian Dollars, so No US dollars for Australian residents.

* Our shipping rates are one the lowest in our industry if you'd take a little while to compare.

Check out our website today http://www.chinabuy.com.au and we're sure you'll love our service if you give us a chance to bring a smile on your face.
chinabuyau is offline   Reply With Quote