Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #61
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveKnight View Post
When I first started working real hard to get into shape I had just stopped playing MMO's and when people would try to get me to come back and play I told them that I was "leveling up" me instead of my character. Sometimes corny little sayings or simple motivational ideas/outlooks can make a difference. Anyway thanks for your advice!
Does cardio count as grinding your dailies?
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #62
BraveKnight

I turned grocery shopping/supplement shopping into "gathering my mats" and cardio was doing my dailies. Weightlifting was leveling up and recording my progress was checking my "gear level".

Yeah... I'm a real big loser >< lol
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #63
Tayyy-chan
Team Zuko!

I just did this workout today, and holycrap I feel great. O___O This was amazing. Thank you so much for putting this up. It was actually not too bad to do. 8)
Imma stick to this. >:C
Tayyy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #64
Alkalyne
Caring is Creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayyy-chan View Post
I just did this workout today, and holycrap I feel great. O___O This was amazing. Thank you so much for putting this up. It was actually not too bad to do. 8)
Imma stick to this. >:C
Same. XD It looked a lot more intimidating than it really was.
Alkalyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #65
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

An exercise bike is good cardio, right? :B

I'd love to try this workout out, currently all I do is a lot of cardio via my exercise bike, so y'know.

I know it's been said a million times before, but thanks so much for posting this amazing thread. <3
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #66
Chihaku
Master of Mana

Now that school's out, I decided to try out this workout, and man it was challenging. I managed to do the superset though. My toughest enemies are the pushups and squats. Squats are good, but then when I reach about 30, I begin to get very exhausted, and I can barely do 2 pushups regularly so I had to modify. I honestly hate doing modifications because it makes me feel like I'm cheating, but hey, I guess it's just practice. Well I can't wait for Workout B tomorrow. ^_^
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #67
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveKnight View Post
I turned grocery shopping/supplement shopping into "gathering my mats" and cardio was doing my dailies. Weightlifting was leveling up and recording my progress was checking my "gear level".

Yeah... I'm a real big loser >< lol
lol I make corny jokes like that as well. I mention to my friends who are just getting back into lifting that they wont recognize the pain in stabilizing the weights with good form once they prestige.

photo portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #68
Chihaku
Master of Mana

I forgot to add in a question. I will weigh myself tomorrow on Tuesday's and is there a possible scenario I could gain weight? I know I've been growing muscle, but what should I do if I suddenly gain about 2-3 more pounds? Should I just push even harder to my limit or do something else, because I actually want to slim down a little and lose the numbers at the same time.
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #69
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihaku View Post
I forgot to add in a question. I will weigh myself tomorrow on Tuesday's and is there a possible scenario I could gain weight? I know I've been growing muscle, but what should I do if I suddenly gain about 2-3 more pounds? Should I just push even harder to my limit or do something else, because I actually want to slim down a little and lose the numbers at the same time.
Simple answer for a simple question. Stop stepping on the scale and buy a tape measure. What do you really care about after all? A number on a scale or actually becoming more fit? Take measurements at a number of different spots and keep track every week or two with updates.

Possible measuring spots -
Neck
Shoulders
Chest
Stomach
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Calves
Bicep/Tricep
Forearm

If the ones you want to increase are going up, and the ones you want to go down are going down, does the scale really matter?
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #70
Chihaku
Master of Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjr3412 View Post
Simple answer for a simple question. Stop stepping on the scale and buy a tape measure. What do you really care about after all? A number on a scale or actually becoming more fit? Take measurements at a number of different spots and keep track every week or two with updates.

Possible measuring spots -
Neck
Shoulders
Chest
Stomach
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Calves
Bicep/Tricep
Forearm

If the ones you want to increase are going up, and the ones you want to go down are going down, does the scale really matter?
You're right, Honestly, I am sorry for that last post... I honestly just want this bmi to slip down below 30 for one day at least. I managed to get a list of foods I'm gonna shop for on friday (get paid at that day). I'll look for a tape measure asap.

EDIT: I couldn't find one.... Is there any way to improvise with this problem?

Last edited by Chihaku : 06-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Chihaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #71
Kyuushin
Wakawakawakawaka

I'm a pretty skinny, delicate-type build and I don't want to build a lot of muscle. Is this a good routine to work with? And when you say I need to rep the super set is it

Pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pullup-rest-etc...

or is it

Pushup-rest-pullup-rest-squat-rest-dip-rest-pushup-rest-etc.
Kyuushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #72
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

This sounds like an interesting, and fairly easy, exercise to start. I gather the objective is to pull yourself up with the bar? I wasn't entirely sure because, in the picture, the person's feet are planted on the ground and it looks like she's using her legs to push herself up, not her arms to pull herself, but perhaps that's just to keep balance. Or maybe it's both...?
I'll have to give this a try, assuming I can find some room to do it. Ugh, messy house.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #73
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

today I started this workout Thanks for posting it. I had to replace squats with a different exercise since my doctor said they are terrible for my knees (not for everyone's knees, just mine and anyone else with the same problem of high knee caps). After one day I feel beat but I can not wait till this is easy and I look good
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #74
Sakkarra-Ookami

Only able to do one rep each unfortunately. ^^; No pullups for me because no bar and no sturdy chairs; I did follow along with Part 1 of a Dance Tutorial afterwards though! So...Bonus? :'D /shot

I am SO out of shape...TTATT
Sakkarra-Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #75
AkariSakumi

As a military member who's required to workout (-_-'), I can say that this is a very solid workout routine and very well put together. Great job!