Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #196
cagemi88

HEY Faily Tail members!!! Its awesome to see so many people!
I'm planning on doing a "Spirit-form" Loke! I need the glasses and to dye a wig but I'm pretty close!!!
is anyone going to be at MTAC (Nashville) or MOMOCON (Atlanta) this year???
cagemi88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #197
sushigato

I'm planning on doing Alzack >.< anyone know where i can find a gun?
and is his fairy tail mark someplace visible? i don't think i've ever seen it...then again he's a pretty minor character
sushigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #198
luckyrabbit31

Natsu FTW!
luckyrabbit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #199
ladysphinx07
Cats Don't Like Me Much

I plan on doing a Levy cosplay (her outfit from Tenrou Island Arc) and I would like to have some sort of prop with me. I was thinking of creating one of her solid scripts, but I was curious if anyone had any possible suggestions?
ladysphinx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #200
KuroiAisu

I'm doing Midnight for Anime North in may *w* I am le excite.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #201
Akahime
Red Princess

I'm going to debut my Juvia cosplay (her first outfit) at a con tomorrow! 8D Though, no umbrella, searched high and low for something I could work with it, but to no avail! :3

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/409193/
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #202
icesk8r12

yay! ft cosplay thread!! i actually just finished making my shirt for my lucy cosplay

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...ia_05.jpg?o=34

i have the skirt made too, and i found the perfect sweater vest on ebay that i already bought and have. i also managed to purchase a set of keys cuz im wayyy to lazy to make them lol. all i need now, is the red wrist seatband thing, the neck bow, and hair bow.

but the question i have issssss: what kind of things do you guys recommend for making the ft guild mark. sharpies? paint? something else entirely? ^_^
icesk8r12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #203
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friends and I went to the mall in costume last weekend, I was Hibiki. I'm trying to find a good picture where I don't have hair in my eyes or derp face, but if I do, I'll post one.

Edit: Probably the Only good picture of my Hibiki. Pardon the Eiffel Tower.

As for future plans, eventually I want to cosplay Juvia (When she has short hair, I don't like the loopy things,) Mirajane, Virgo, Alzack, and re-vamp Hibiki with a wig I can actually style. I REALLY wanted to cosplay Freed Justine but my friend and I got into a non-serious argument and I surrendered since I already had so many Fairy Tail Plans. We still laugh about the time "Fought for 4.5 hours over a green haired pretty man named Justine."
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 04-30-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #204
ladysphinx07
Cats Don't Like Me Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesk8r12 View Post
yay! ft cosplay thread!! i actually just finished making my shirt for my lucy cosplay

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...ia_05.jpg?o=34

i have the skirt made too, and i found the perfect sweater vest on ebay that i already bought and have. i also managed to purchase a set of keys cuz im wayyy to lazy to make them lol. all i need now, is the red wrist seatband thing, the neck bow, and hair bow.

but the question i have issssss: what kind of things do you guys recommend for making the ft guild mark. sharpies? paint? something else entirely? ^_^
I have tried sharpies and tattoo paper for my Erza cosplay. The outcome: sharpies will bleed onto clothes! I even used setting powder and I still "leaked" onto my boyfriend's shirt (eep!) But maybe since it's on the back of your hand you won't have that issue. Also, you either have to have someone else do it for you or put it on yourself and doing the design freehand is hard (a stencil would definitely help). Plus if you make a mistake, you're kind of stuck. And I had to scrub pretty hard to get it off at the end of the day! :P But it's doable!

The tattoo paper was great IMO. Expensive, but great. It was $13 online at an ebay store for two 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper. You just print the design onto the paper and tattoo it onto yourself. The only annoying party was it kind of puckered around the edges since I was flexing my arm a lot >_< But it stayed intact and at the end of the day I just peeled it off! No mess!

You could also try using tattoo pens, but I haven't tried that. Acrylic paint is another option, but that stuff flakes really easily.
ladysphinx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #205
icesk8r12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysphinx07 View Post
I have tried sharpies and tattoo paper for my Erza cosplay. The outcome: sharpies will bleed onto clothes! I even used setting powder and I still "leaked" onto my boyfriend's shirt (eep!) But maybe since it's on the back of your hand you won't have that issue. Also, you either have to have someone else do it for you or put it on yourself and doing the design freehand is hard (a stencil would definitely help). Plus if you make a mistake, you're kind of stuck. And I had to scrub pretty hard to get it off at the end of the day! :P But it's doable!

The tattoo paper was great IMO. Expensive, but great. It was $13 online at an ebay store for two 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper. You just print the design onto the paper and tattoo it onto yourself. The only annoying party was it kind of puckered around the edges since I was flexing my arm a lot >_< But it stayed intact and at the end of the day I just peeled it off! No mess!

You could also try using tattoo pens, but I haven't tried that. Acrylic paint is another option, but that stuff flakes really easily.
yaaa i was kind of leaning toward the sharpies. but i just wanted to see if there were other ideas out there! hmmm ill have to keep the tattoo paper in mind, but im a broke college kid... lol
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #206
heaven_firings

American based tattoo paper I haven't tried it yet but it's what Rynn used on her Lust cosplay. And unless my group gets the Fairy Tail specific temp tattoos we've seen at cons I will most likely be using the test drive stuff.

Another option if you would rather go with the drawn on route I highly recommend the Painters (I think that's the brand) markers. It's what I used on my Kiba face marks. The benefits it doesn't smear like Sharpie (that I noticed), you can still swim/sweat without it coming off as long as you don't rub it (while wet) and in that vein when dry you can still rub the area it's on without smearing it.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #207
icesk8r12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
American based tattoo paper I haven't tried it yet but it's what Rynn used on her Lust cosplay. And unless my group gets the Fairy Tail specific temp tattoos we've seen at cons I will most likely be using the test drive stuff.

Another option if you would rather go with the drawn on route I highly recommend the Painters (I think that's the brand) markers. It's what I used on my Kiba face marks. The benefits it doesn't smear like Sharpie (that I noticed), you can still swim/sweat without it coming off as long as you don't rub it (while wet) and in that vein when dry you can still rub the area it's on without smearing it.
are those expensive? and where an you find them? =) they sound like a pretty good alternative to sharpies
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #208
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

So this thread died over a year ago, but seeing as how I just finished and debuted my Daimatou Enbu Juvia, I thought I would share a photo. In a few weeks I will be joining a Fairy Tail group at Anime Blues Con in Memphis and will have more pictures then.

I straight up got told I had the wrong hair color for the costume, but defended myself because a lot of the manga art has lighter hair than the anime, and I was going by the manga. Also, instead of black for the dress, I did a color shifting taffeta that turned from blue to black depending on the light. I lined the dress in white dull satin and got the boots for super cheap. I made a stencil if the guild tattoo and put it on with Ben Nye make-up. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I just need to get the right contacts since the ones I ordered didn't change my blue eyes at all.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #209
animazn

I'm making my Natsu costume I've got a few others joining me. Most of the mains except for Lucy D:

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #210
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

For us we have Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Loke, and Juvia. We have a friend that's a photographer that will be wearing a Happy hat during the day to sorta blend with us at times. We are trying to get the con-chair a Makarov hat to surprise him with and let him be our fearless leader since we all are pretty cool with him and think it would be good fun.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote