Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
LadyMisaGaga
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

Music and exercise that gets you pumped

Hi. I have been trying really hard to loose weight. I've been eating healthy and reducing my caloric intake. But my problem is time and space and ATM motivation. It's been cold outside ive been dead after school and work. I am really hoping for exercise and music that gets you excited to work out. Maybe I should join a gym. Pleas any suggestions would be great!! Thanks. I don't want to loose all that much more just tone up. I'm 5'2" and about 120 but it shows on my midsection and thighs.
LadyMisaGaga is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMisaGaga View Post
Hi. I have been trying really hard to loose weight. I've been eating healthy and reducing my caloric intake. But my problem is time and space and ATM motivation. It's been cold outside ive been dead after school and work. I am really hoping for exercise and music that gets you excited to work out. Maybe I should join a gym. Pleas any suggestions would be great!! Thanks. I don't want to loose all that much more just tone up. I'm 5'2" and about 120 but it shows on my midsection and thighs.
Taekwondo has been doing my body wonders. I was 120lbs when I started and in about 5 or 6 months have gained 20lbs of muscle (having class twice a week and doing a little bit of walking and situps and grocery store stocking during the week as well.) My core is tightening and thinning, my legs and arms are getting strong, and I'm getting so much more coordinated and quick. But, if you're doing harder exercise, don't forget to make sure your body gets enough food! Maybe chat with your doctor about what the ideal healthy diet for you would be. (A healthy diet will help you build muscle weight and lose extra fat.)

It sounds like you are a similar size to what I am when I don't exercise, so you probably shouldn't actually lose weight, but rather tighten muscle.

We don't use music, but I do like to dance to Spanish-style music and to classical dance music. Dancing can also be great exercise.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
SRHtheHedgehog
Pokemon get da ze~!

Dance Dance Revolution. Para Para. Nothing gets my heart pumping to dance more than "Pierce the Sky" or "Speedway". But, then again, I like dance music and my life revolves around DDR. It takes a long time to get really good, but it's worth the calories you burn when you get up to 8-9 footers (if you are on Beginner/Light mode, I would say to do other exercise with it to make sure you're getting a good workout). If anything, the music for most Konami music will make you dance on your own, even if you don't want to play the games or learn the official dances. I also recommend Korean pop. They usually have choreographed dances that are quite fun to learn (I vote "Mr. Simple" by Super Junior) and, once again, you can just dance to the music if you like.
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
RainingEri

I like to walk to fast paced dance music because in the back ground there is a rhythmic beat that I can align my steps with. It also helps keep me energized although I do have to stop myself from dropping my form and just dancing (not because I think walking is better than dancing, but because I'm on a treadmill and that would be dangerous).

When I weight lift I listen to music with a slower beat to help me keep a better form. Listening to music that is too fast makes me lift too fast and that's not good.

Hope that helps. I don't really know what to tell you about motivation issues as I have those too. I pretty much rely on my workout partner (my dad) to get me motivated. Just recently he hurt his back and couldn't work out with me, so I just didn't work out because I don't have my own motivation. This morning I was able to get myself up and exercising though. Not sure how. I just woke up and decided to do it. I think I missed the endorphin.
RainingEri is offline   Reply With Quote