Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Unread 04-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
DivineHoneybee
Dea~Hime

Anime/Video Game/Meme Music

Hey everyone! I need your help!

My goal is to host a panel next year at a local convention. For it I will need to learn how to play a lot of anime, video game, and internet meme music on the keyboard. This is where I need you.

Please reply with a list of 5-10 of your favorite songs that would be appropriate for an anime convention. It's okay to repeat songs that other people have mentioned, in fact, this will be beneficial! It will help me to see what's especially popular, so I can split the songs into categories from most popular to least popular.

Thank you so much for your help!
DivineHoneybee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

:-/

What...panel are you thinking about running?

And seriously, http://www.theoneups.com/

If you don't know everything on volumes 1 and 2, it ain't worth doing (half facetious).

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
DivineHoneybee
Dea~Hime

Wow, that band is really amazing. I like their style. Thank you for the help. I guess it won't actually be a panel. It will actually be a game of Name That Tune. I'll start playing a song on my keyboard, mostly themes from anime and video games, and whoever buzzes in first and gets it right will get a point. Songs from less popular shows or are part of the soundtrack but not an opening/ending will be worth more points. There will be priiizeees.
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
DPWolf

I know far more game OSTs than anime, so maybe I can help there...I'd suggest stuff from the better known Legend of Zelda games - Ocarina of Time, right off the bat I can tell you Song of Storms is an easily recognizable one, as is Zelda's Lullaby or even the overworld theme. Same goes with the Super Mario World or even Tetris themes.
As for lesser known ones, The Sun Rises from Okami is great; as is any of the Chocobo Themes from Final Fantasy (depending on which one you play can vary the difficulty of guessing). There's lots of things from Kingdom Hearts too, like the orchestral version of Hikari or Dearly Beloved.
As for anime...I do remember InuYasha having a beautiful soundtrack, as did Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I happen to have the sheets for a lot of these too if you need them. They're fun songs to play fully, haha, but good luck with the panel.

2012 Conventions/Events
Star Wars Celebration VI
Star Wars Reads Day
NYCC
Toys on the Hudson
DPWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
DivineHoneybee
Dea~Hime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPWolf View Post
I know far more game OSTs than anime, so maybe I can help there...I'd suggest stuff from the better known Legend of Zelda games - Ocarina of Time, right off the bat I can tell you Song of Storms is an easily recognizable one, as is Zelda's Lullaby or even the overworld theme. Same goes with the Super Mario World or even Tetris themes.
As for lesser known ones, The Sun Rises from Okami is great; as is any of the Chocobo Themes from Final Fantasy (depending on which one you play can vary the difficulty of guessing). There's lots of things from Kingdom Hearts too, like the orchestral version of Hikari or Dearly Beloved.
As for anime...I do remember InuYasha having a beautiful soundtrack, as did Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I happen to have the sheets for a lot of these too if you need them. They're fun songs to play fully, haha, but good luck with the panel.
Thank you! I have a few of these, but I'll check the others out and see what I can find. Song of Storms would be so much fun to play, do you have the sheet music for that one?